+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please fix the queues.

Shadowlander

Default Please fix the queues.

Frequently the pvp matchmaking system sets it up so that in WF defiants only have 2 healers while guardians always seem to have at least 5. I will happily take a longer queue waiting for healers if the matchmaking system actually sets up balanced matches.
    Last edited by m0nkeysensei; 08-13-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nkeysensei View Post
    Frequently the pvp matchmaking system sets it up so that in WF defiants only have 2 healers while guardians always seem to have at least 5. I will happily take a longer queue waiting for healers if the matchmaking system actually sets up balanced matches.
    1st ... everyone plays his/her character as he/she wants ... unless you pay their subs;

2nd ... unless you're a warrior (subdue can be a really nice support tho) I hope that you go into your bard, chloro or healing spec all the time you join a warfront;

3rd ... I have been in a battlegroup where defiants already had roughly 30 minutes + during daytime to get into a warfront, if I now would have to wait an hour + to get an 'equal' match ... would go and de-install my game client;

While I can understand the frustration you feel in regards to lack of healers on your teams side. I can't say I'd agree with this method of handling the situation. As you said you'd be willing to wait for longer queue times, but others may not be willing to especially if the queue times are extremely long. It might also result in people being more aggravated because they'd feel as if they were being forced into a particular role to get shorter times in a WF. While technically they aren't being forced to, they are being slightly punished for not being a healer and like DPS/Support not all healers play their role well.

The better solution is simply to ask people kindly that if they have a healing role to please switch to it either for the remainder of the match or until healers join in later on. Also while it can be difficult winning isn't impossible if you don't have healers, try to organize a bit and call out targets or have your leader mark accordingly. These two seem to work quite well for me in PUGs, it's hard but it can be done.
    Last edited by Typrop; 08-13-2011 at 08:00 PM.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

+ Reply to Thread