+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Prestige System....

Default The Prestige System....

Let me start off by saying bravo Trion at attempting to develop a PvP leveling system. I love the idea 100%. Let me now say that I don't exactly understand how a fresh 50 R1 is supposed to enjoy PvP Warfronts in the games current state. I would hope my reasoning is obvious but I will elaborate. It doesnt matter how good you are or even how bad your opponent is when its a R1 against a R6 almost 100% of the time the R6 will win no matter what. I know I sound like Im QQ'n a little but hear me out.

I have a R4 and a R2, I quit playing the R4 because I wanted a little taste of Rogue life. MY R2 gets slaughtered ALL the time. Im not a bad player and Im well aware of how each WF works by now but I just cannot seem to get any ground. Scott Hartsman talks about how fun he intends for everything to be and I just want to point out that getting facerolled by R6's for 4 gruelingly long ranks isn't any fun with the current state of the game with so many R6's existing now.

At launch PVP at 50 was such a blasty blast! I loved it, I could que up with a PUG and accomplish something in the warfront. That doesnt cut it now... all the R6 needs is 3-5 secs to 1-3 shot you and its time to click "Respawn"

Why not implement a bracket? R1-R2 / R3-R4 / R5-R6? I know ques would be longer but hey maybe more people would que and be interested in gaining prestige if this were done. IT's obviously frustrating to get face rolled... but what about for the R6's? IS it really any fun to faceroll a WF and have 0 competition? At first maybe... but the excitement won't last... might as well go farm lvl 20 mobs, that's about the equivilant.

I don't mean to sound so salty but Trion seems perfectly content with the system. I also know that most of those that have already achieved R6 will disagree for the simple fact that some people do find it fun to completely dominate. What happenes after they have gotten all the gear and maxed their level? Are they going to keep playing? Doubtful.

Bracketing is the only real solution because PRestige is a banging idea it just isn't logical to espect R1's to be interested in leveling through the faceroll that is the games current state...

Please feel free to add comments I'd like to know exactly why you do or do not agree in a constructive manner please.
    Last edited by Vyndeta; 08-13-2011 at 06:52 PM.

It was fine for me starting off at rank 1, just do the unimportant stuff, as a warrior I went warlord buff mode, and helped support my team, ranking up my mage, I did chloro/dom Draining enemies mana/power and healed allys when I could.

I like the prestige system, specially with the new buy gear, for gear system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    It was fine for me starting off at rank 1, just do the unimportant stuff, as a warrior I went warlord buff mode, and helped support my team, ranking up my mage, I did chloro/dom Draining enemies mana/power and healed allys when I could.

I like the prestige system, specially with the new buy gear, for gear system.
    The problem with the Tier system is where does it stop. Unless they somehow do a gear reset at some point, new people are screwed. While I think the tier system works great for PVE, PVP is too gear based and not fun. Isn't it suppose to be about fun.

Soulwalker

I hit level 50 last evening and I had done alot of warfronts so I had bought all the rank 1 and rank 2 items so I could take part in some pvp. Well, after a whole night of grinding warfronts I have some serious doubts if I will renew my subscription.

I go in, get targetted and im dead in 3 seconds, if even that. Getting hit for up to 4k damage in one hit is not my kind of fun. It is pretty effin stupid to have low ranking people compete against high rankers, and I am pretty dissapointed that Trion didnt put in Prestige brackets because its obvious to even morons that the current system does nothing to get people hooked. And without hooking people the game dies.

As it is now then every single new player that finally gets to level 50 gets killed so fast that most of the times in warfronts is waiting to res and running back to the battlefield, only to get one or twoshotted right away. And that wont get any better until after few weeks of constant grinding for higher rank, and who really wants to grind it dead?

Even the idiots at Blizzard got a small clue and put in brackets in arenas (even if flawed and abusable), would have thought Trion would have gotten the hint.

And yes, I'm pretty annoyed because I really loved warfronts when levelling up, but for a fresh 50 its just fkn annoying to do no damage and die in seconds.

Telaran

You guys are targeting the wrong aspect ... it's not the prestiege (pvp leveling for gear) ... It's Valor. As soon as they made Valor the holy grail in pvp they ruined the MASS appeal to pvp in the game.

So you have better gear than me so what same could be said to anyone that raids to anyone that doesn't your the underdog. But when that gear ALSO reduces the dmg I do to you... game over.

A side issue to Valor is it apparently costs no itemization points on gear. If you look at pvp gear to raid gear rank equivalent ... stat for stat they are basically the same (give or take a pt here or there) except the pvp gear will ALSO have like 50 Valor ... wtf is this.

There are FAR too many balance issues in pvp in this game. Yet the game seems more driven (atleast the focus seems to be on) by pvp than pve atm. This game is a pvp to pve game. because you CANT pve to pvp it won't work.

A GREAT game that will last needs to have that interchangeable or you're doomed to lose one side of your player base or the other.

Soulwalker

Those that raid use the new and better gear so they can tackle harder content, not stepping down to lower tier dungeons to zerg through the mobs.

If there was any logic in the pvp system then with each prestige rank you gain, you go tackle harder content, not zerg through enemies that cant even hurt you.

But I gave up on doing melee damage and went healing spec, at least i can hide in the back and pretend to do something important and I do not have to spend 90% of the time waiting for a res or running to the battlefield.

And the difference between prestige rank gear is stupidly high, and it creates the same insane flawed system wow had with each expansion. From rank to rank it should only be 1-3 extra points, on spell weapons the difference is around 300 which is almost double.

Trion, no one likes being oneshot and only effin idiots like to oneshot others, and what you are doing is catoring to that 0.1% idiot population of the whole game and pissing off the rest.

+ Reply to Thread