Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Top damage top healing fair?

Default Top damage top healing fair?

next up chloro

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhalpert View Post
    next up chloro

Its the Lock/Chloro...

The lock adds a TON of healing to the Chloro... and NO ONE will post the build.

When will everyone learn!

No matter what the game, the mage class will cry the most until they are up top.. again!

Why does the chart matter? If they're killing everyone with equal gear then you have an argument.

Rift Chaser

Damage done is a completely meaningless stat in Rift. It's padded by AOE that tends to do nothing but pad the other sides healing numbers.

The stat you want to be looking at is killing blows, see if you can guess who tops that stat most of the time.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    Damage done is a completely meaningless stat in Rift. It's padded by AOE that tends to do nothing but pad the other sides healing numbers.

The stat you want to be looking at is killing blows, see if you can guess who tops that stat most of the time.
    Oddly enough chloros do mostly single target damage.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

That's odd, I always see the guys doing the most damage and healing always winning. Who cares if you didn't get the KB, if your attacks take an entire group down to 25% HP and your group finishes them off how is that not OP?

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Master

i find chloro lock is the strongest 1v1 class, and best duo partner in the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Ascendant

and 51 lock is by far the strongest dps in WFs. Lol 2k devouring shadow spam. Natures fury natures touch devouring shadow and empowered darkness all need 30% pvp only nerfs.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    and 51 lock is by far the strongest dps in WFs. Lol 2k devouring shadow spam. Natures fury natures touch devouring shadow and empowered darkness all need 30% pvp only nerfs.
    That is a 51 lock though, not a chloro/lock. If you went 51 lock for empowered darkness you wouldn't get flourish if you put anything into chloro. A 51 lock is good damage ya, but you don't have the survivability of a chloro/lock.

Every calling can build AE classes that put up the numbers, but warriors are still tops. Lingering wounds for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    NF is a 8 sec cd, NT is a 2.5 sec cast and doesn't hit all that hard for it's cast time. Emporewed darkness has a 30 sec cd and needs charge, devouring shadows, in my mix of r2/r3 gear crits normal dummies for 603 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    and NO ONE will post the build.
    How hard is it to figure out the chloro/lock build? :S It's pretty straight forward. (there are a few with small differences)

On topic,
    - a chlorolock won't kill anyone if the target even has a failed support healer
    - topping the dmg charts is simply by letting the dots (Vile Spores, Ruin, some include Withering Vine) run on as many targets as they are able to, and it's not to maximize dmg done, but to maximize healing done (atleast in my case)
    - a chlorolock is easely passed on dmg charts by AOE specs (and totally by clerics nowadays), decent decent ST burst specs, and dotters that dot up everyone (won't kill anyone but we're not talking about killing but about dmg done)
    - while chlorolocks do tend to top dmg charts (been my case mostly), they have a low, but steady dps
    - main reason chlorolocks are at top dmg charts is because they have a high survival rate if not focussed upon (month ago, but was the biggest dmg difference I've had, was pushing frontline with corrosion and AOE's, and had most dmg dealt aswell, <3 healers supporting me - PS: KBs was due to my dots, on targets, not me killing people rly)
    Last edited by Tikay; 08-13-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Tikay View Post
    How hard is it to figure out the chloro/lock build? :S It's pretty straight forward. (there are a few with small differences)

On topic,
    - a chlorolock won't kill anyone if the target even has a failed support healer
    - topping the dmg charts is simply by letting the dots (Vile Spores, Ruin, some include Withering Vine) run on as many targets as they are able to, and it's not to maximize dmg done, but to maximize healing done (atleast in my case)
    - a chlorolock is easely passed on dmg charts by AOE specs (and totally by clerics nowadays), decent decent ST burst specs, and dotters that dot up everyone (won't kill anyone but we're not talking about killing but about dmg done)
    - while chlorolocks do tend to top dmg charts (been my case mostly), they have a low, but steady dps
    - main reason chlorolocks are at top dmg charts is because they have a high survival rate if not focussed upon (month ago, but was the biggest dmg difference I've had, was pushing frontline with corrosion and AOE's - PS: KBs was due to my dots, on targets, not me killing people rly)
    If a Rogue topped DPS, Healing, and had that crazy survivablitly all in the SAME SPEC, oh man. The QQ would never end.

- Vybz
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    If a Rogue topped DPS, Healing, and had that crazy survivablitly all in the SAME SPEC, oh man. The QQ would never end.

- Vybz
    I reckon, but keep in mind chlorolocks cant do the dps rogues do (any rogue viable spec).
    I assume (as I have no clue) that a MM that keeps AOE'ing will outdo MM's that dont (=those that try to kill people) dmg wise.
    Any mage can just use an AOE or a burst(y) spec to do more dmg than chlorolocks (got those AOE specs, but I dont use them because it's not my playstyle to be 100% carefull)
    The difference is dmg power or killing power, both are different things.
    Last edited by Tikay; 08-13-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Tikay View Post
    I reckon, but keep in mind chlorolocks cant do the dps rogues do (any rogue viable spec).
    I assume (as I have no clue) that a MM that keeps AOE'ing will outdo MM's that dont (=those that try to kill people) dmg wise.
    Any mage can just spec out chlorolock to do more dmg than chlorolocks (got those AOE specs, but I dont use them because it's not my playstyle to be 100% carefull)
    You assume wrong, sir.
    When has a Rogue ever ever beat you in damage in Warfronts? If you can't remember, then that means Rogues can't viably dps in PvP.
    Rogue AoE can't touch the AoE of the other classes.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 08-13-2011 at 09:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast