+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as a "good" defiant cluster

Rift Disciple

Default Is there such a thing as a "good" defiant cluster

All I see hear is Defiants get slaughtered.

Played in nearly 40 warfronts today...won 2. Guardian premades just steamroll us all weekend.

Interesting, in the Seastone cluster is just the opposite. I did over 20 whitefalls with a friend and we won maybe 3-4.
    It got even worst when we got another friend and we entered the premade queue and we won 1 out of 12.
    Defiants have done nearly 100 PvP Rift completely unopposed just today. Guardians haven't been able to complete a single pvp rift in days now, while every few minutes you see the announcement that Defiants have opened a pvp rift somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Cluster with Belmont, Sunrest etc has a pretty good Defiant side.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if a server has good Defiant or if the Guardians just suck. I did find a cluster where guardians just completely blew, it was really pretty boring though. I felt like I was playing in some beginner cluster. Sunrest provides some challenging guardians. Lots of belmont guardians seem to pvp with raid gear. I have noticed in this cluster that while neither side is bad, I feel like i'm hitting wet paper bags a lot of times. Just speculation.

Rift Master

please give me a gaurdian heavy server, with loads of guardians in WF's seastone is boring me.. i win 90% of my ques,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    please give me a gaurdian heavy server, with loads of guardians in WF's seastone is boring me.. i win 90% of my ques,
    Doesn't exist, Guardians are the minority; every where. We are vastly out numbered and out geared. I bet you can count the amount of times you've seen a Guardian Mage with the Octopus Relic staff on one hand. But I bet you you see at least 2 Defiant Mages with it every Warfront.

Guardians remind me of The Horde at the start of WoW; out geared and out numbered.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

depends on the severs, mine guards win most of the time and run pvp...overall it maybe even, but depending on the sever it is lopsided...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Doesn't exist, Guardians are the minority; every where. We are vastly out numbered and out geared. I bet you can count the amount of times you've seen a Guardian Mage with the Octopus Relic staff on one hand. But I bet you you see at least 2 Defiant Mages with it every Warfront.

Guardians remind me of The Horde at the start of WoW; out geared and out numbered.

- Vybz
    again the opposite of what i see (i'm defiant and just rolled guard toons)...the balance maybe even overall (as far as Trion is concerned), but on certain servers it is lopsided one way or the other

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    again the opposite of what i see (i'm defiant and just rolled guard toons)...the balance maybe even overall (as far as Trion is concerned), but on certain servers it is lopsided one way or the other
    What server are you on? I'd like to go there.

- Vybz
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Shadowlander

- Vybz
    That's so not true of briarcliff and its clusters. Guardians pretty much rule the cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayon View Post
    That's so not true of briarcliff and its clusters. Guardians pretty much rule the cluster.
    Have you ever left that Wargroup and went to the others? It's different than what you think.

- Vybz

Soulwalker

- Vybz
    Outnumber yes, but outgeared? That is absurd. Guardians have dominated pug WFs and on many servers maintain organized premades. I've spent a good amount of time in 5 different battlegroups and all of them had at least 70% win rate for guardian pugs. Defiants are extremely heavy on rerolls and people who just like to screw around in world pvp, in WFs they are really lacking in strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiei987 View Post
    Outnumber yes, but outgeared? That is absurd. Guardians have dominated pug WFs and on many servers maintain organized premades. I've spent a good amount of time in 5 different battlegroups and all of them had at least 70% win rate for guardian pugs. Defiants are extremely heavy on rerolls and people who just like to screw around in world pvp, in WFs they are really lacking in strength.
    What have you been smoking and may I please have some? I'd like a list of these servers that aren't all in the same Wargroup. Also what "pug" games are you referring to? The ones where the premades come in and the solo queuers wonder "wtf?" Please oh great one, show me these 70% Guardian win Wargroups where everyone is geared out, because clearly I've been on the wrong Shards.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 08-13-2011 at 07:36 PM.

I have been on 3 battle groups now and the only 2 things seem to hold true in my eyes so far...

1) there are a TON more defiant than guardians, I can see the same 3-4 people on my team every other game, while I never seem to play the same defiant with the same frequency.

2) defiant seem to be heavy on rerolls. perhaps because the people who decided to play the faction that had KELARI CRIT RACIALS.... are the same people who are always gunning for FOTM.

other than that I would take it everything is supjective. both battle groups I have 50's on are pretty lopsided with defiant premades.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bayon View Post
    I can back this up. That's the cluster I'm in on as defiant and it's a whole lot of not fun.

I play on sagespire, Defiant side - And i feel our cluster is fairly even. Somedays I loose alot, somedays i Win alot. But generally i think its pretty close to even.

KalQulate
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast