+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power creep: what have you done Trion

Prophet of Telara

Default Power creep: what have you done Trion

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a new issue. I was crying about this 3 months ago. Power creep... More like power hyperspeed.

It was bad enough with r6 vs r1 disparity. I didn't think it can be made worse, but Trion surpassed my expectations. As more people gaining r8 PvP is becoming frag fest. And I am not even talking about scrubs rolling in the mud PvP (aka solo queue).

People are just getting blown up. Like literally. And not some fresh 50 in blue gear, no I mean max valor geared people. Healing and damage reduction just doesn't ****in matter anymore. I can blow all my CDs on a guy and he still gets burned right through it.

Don't get this wrong. This issue has nothing to do with the healing nerf. As lame and unnecessary it was it means nothing for the current situation. All they really nerfed was HOTs, and I would never rely on HOTs to keep someone alive under focus fire. Neither now nor before 1.4 was released. My "big heal" still crits for 4.5k (on undebuffed targets of course) topping people off instantly. It just doesn't ****in matter. The guy will die before I can finish casting next one. Even if gearing into full r8 will make me crit for 10k HP it is simply irrelevant when your target drops in between heal ticks.

The power creep introduced by r8 gear is simply absurd. And to make matter worse they didn't add any more mitigation (valor) to it. Sure people are going to have 8k-ish HP pools in non-tank specs, but without mitigation it hardly matters. HP pool is just a buffer for healer to react, but when target drop no matter what healer does, HP pool is useless. You are much better off subbing all your healing for DPS and bursting harder and faster, and have a chloro to top people off who are not under fire.

Again, this isn't the new thing. Warrior + 2 MMs assist train has been THE **** to run for ages now. The game just wasn't at the level of competitiveness where people would put that much effort to it. But now with bonus weekends.... yeah, not pretty.
    I can't keep people alive. Doesn't mater what I do, they just drop. It's not because my healing is too weak, it is because it is too slow. Too little mitigation. No real tools to counter burst damage.

Good job on making PvP into a frag fest. Next target, BOOM! Next, BOOM! Next, BOOM!
    I am sure all the WOW junkies who think focused fire is the top and only team tactic really enjoying it.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Rift Master

AoE Lingering Wounds!

Lightning burst!

Improved hit and run!

GG!

Yeah damage has scaled way too much in PvP. Mages are back to guaranteed 1-shots again.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 08-13-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Ascendant

They broke pvp.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    They broke pvp.
    It was never really not broken. They just made it significantly worse.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Prophet of Telara

Rift's pvp is pretty much done

Ascendant

I am having a hard time staying logged in.

Ascendant

OP's post in short :
    Focus fire works!!!

Who would've guessed that.

And to answer your post by a question...
    How many times do you see a team lose because they don't have heals and the ennemy team has heals?

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    OP's post in short :
    Focus fire works!!!

How many times do you see a team lose because they don't have heals and the ennemy team has heals?
    Every time.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    OP's post in short :
    Focus fire works!!!

Play a game where you are not a scrub being carried by a premade, then post you insights.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Play a game where you are not a scrub being carried by a premade, then post you insights.
    I never even played in a premade in Rift yet, but do you have any stupid guesses to pull out of your *** about me?

But if you want to talk about premades, ok, sure.
    40 best players in the world, all R8.
    Team 1 = 20 DPS/support ( mixed callings )
    Team 2 = 16 DPS/support ( mixed callings ) 4 healers
    Who win?

To be fair, you got a point, kinda, but
    1) You use the wrong way to prove it
    and
    2) You make it look worse than it actually is.

And you seem to have something against premade? Well, heals just got nerfed, and premades are not the reason heals are in the situation you describes.
    Bad pug/bad puggers are the reason.

Why?
    Because premades know how to focus fire, so, from this point of view, heals were totally fine.
    But puggers don't focus fire, they randomly attack any target they feel like attacking.
    Even if you mark some targets, 3/4 of the team don't attack them, they attack whoever's close to them.
    So what happen? Well, they can't kill anyone, because 3-4 healers AoE'ing heals on the entire team obviously outheal the 2-3 players who randomly attacked the same guy. That's why people complain about heals being OP, and that's why Trion ( slightly ) nerfed them.

And on a last note.. Your job as a healer is not ( you seem to think it is ) to save people forever. Your job is only to make them last a bit longer.
    To make them last a big longer than the ennemy team's healer will make their people last.
    Yeah, if they focus your guys, they're going down, even if you heal them. But if your team focus their guys, they should go down as well. So it's all about which team is the best at focusing&dpsing, and which team's healers are the best at saving the focused players as long as they can, hopefully longer than the ennemy.

Assuming you have a decent warfront experience, you certainly witnessed, many times, a single guy rushing through a team with healer support and slaughtering ****ing everyone.
    After the push, look at his damage taken, and you'll see it's like 10x his health pool... But he never died.
    Healers can do the job just fine.

Prophet of Telara

You exaggerating and arguing against a point you made up yourself. Read the OP.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

+ Reply to Thread