+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Read and Learn Trion. Can you do it?

Plane Touched

Default Read and Learn Trion. Can you do it?

In pvp, whether open world or wf the main thing that almost every warrior pvp'er is guilty of is spec'ing to maximize killing power since trying for survivability severely gimps their damage.

Funny though, certain mage builds,cleric builds,rogue builds all have survivability given to them as well as the ability to kill.

Examples:
    1) The mage ability that gives 80% damage reduction.
    2) Squirreling which does not always break on damage.
    3) Slip away rogues which will never die when they use their abilities.
    4) Crazy healing clerics who can tank multiple high gear dps and not die.
    5) Mages with more then 2k health above the dps warrior.

Any decently geared cleric could heal themselves for over 1000 (additive) per tick from their own HoTs. Then add in things such as the 40% damage reduction during hard times and SHAZAAM. That cleric is now tanking multiple dps without any problems. I have done it so if you have not.. then you don't play your class properly in pvp.

There are mage build which can shut down warriors by removing energy. Yes it was nerf'd but also yes it is still very effective as the warrior now has no burst damage.

There are rogue build which can pop out of stealth. burn a warriors health down, then slip away to let bleeds finish the warrior off. I have watched other people die while the rogue was untouchable.

How about looking at the MM. An MM attacks a warrior from a distance and the warrior works to get into striking range. the warriors dps starts the moment the MM hits him for that battle. The warrior can be killed and not get into striking range, or can be hurt pretty bad by the time he gets to hit the MM for the first time.

I have been half dead by the time I got to hit an MM just once more then a few times.

So when the fight is over, whether against the mage/rogue/cleric you can add up the damage (and in some cases healing per second) per second which takes up the WHOLE of the battle from the first hit, not just when the warrior hits. If you add up the whole combat time you will see that dps is similar over the entire battle.

Of course in Wf's things are not always the same, but then it is not the warriors fault that the enemy all runs within range to get beat on. That is the lack of pvp ability on the other side and you should never fault the warrior for taking advantage of it.

The Point is... the warrior does not have the survivability or healing powers of other classes, so in order to make up for it over a full fight they need the burst damage to compensate for the time unable to strike an opponent.

Sad thing is the complainers have no clue that the fight does not start from the warriors first hit, but the moment they hit the warrior is in their dps range.
    Last edited by Veronne; 08-13-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Rift Master

i do agree that warriors need 2 get some defensive skills in there offensive callings like the other classes.

but then we would be way 2 powerful in group pvp, but in solo pvp warriors are 1 of the worst pvpers..

just can't do anything poping up to someone and they droping everycooldown they have 2 stay alive and ur hp dips and nothing u can do about it but dps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    i do agree that warriors need 2 get some defensive skills in there offensive callings like the other classes.

but then we would be way 2 powerful in group pvp, but in solo pvp warriors are 1 of the worst pvpers..

just can't do anything poping up to someone and they droping everycooldown they have 2 stay alive and ur hp dips and nothing u can do about it but dps.
    I never minded dieing more then any other class in wf's as long as I got in my share of slaughter. True that in solo pvp warriors are the worst spec.

My survivability was bloodthirsty of three ranks and healing tonics (the ones that healed 3449 health. No slip away rogue could kill me if that was off cooldown. I had one rogue follow me around complaining that warriors had an over powered healing ability when all I was using was a potion to live. He kept trying to gank me and failed everytime.

But I digress.

The fact is I have never seen anyone die as much as I ever did unless it was another warrior. But that is why the warriors had the need for burst. We needed to kill something before we died, which we usually did.
    Last edited by Veronne; 08-13-2011 at 01:00 PM.

You don't need defensive abilities because you have passive survivability: plate armor and high endurance. Mages need cooldowns like that because if you ever reach one, you can take him down in 2 or 3 hits. Same with rogues.
    My goals? My goals are to find a cure for irony and make a fool out of God.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post
    I never minded dieing more then any other class in wf's as long as I got in my share of slaughter. True that in solo pvp warriors are the worst spec.

My survivability was bloodthirsty of three ranks and healing tonics (the ones that healed 3449 health. No slip away rogue could kill me if that was off cooldown. I had one rogue follow me around complaining that warriors had an over powered healing ability when all I was using was a potion to live. He kept trying to gank me and failed everytime.

But I digress.

The fact is I have never seen anyone die as much as I ever did unless it was another warrior. But that is why the warriors had the need for burst. We needed to kill something before we died, which we usually did.

i still don't understand what ur trying 2 get out then? what do you want out of this post..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa. Ever tried RB/pally? You get ToL, tons of CC from RB, tons of defensive buffs, Riftwalk (best gap closer for any war), and really good damage/survivability.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Rift Master

You seem to confusing mages for clerics. Honest mistake.

Enjoy being able to win warfronts for your team with grey vendor weapons and broken lingering wounds while it lasts. Pretty soon everyone is going to get sick of it and subscriptions will expire.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 08-13-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Ascendant

Who in their right mind uses dps to measure any kind of performance in PvP?

DPS is a PvE stat. Learn it, live it, love it. If you're going to bring the full brunt of your inner dork to bear, check to make sure you've loaded it with ammunition first.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Who in their right mind uses dps to measure any kind of performance in PvP?

DPS is a PvE stat. Learn it, live it, love it. If you're going to bring the full brunt of your inner dork to bear, check to make sure you've loaded it with ammunition first.
    And that... Is why you fail at pvp and understanding the dynamics.

I wrote my initial post in a simple form so people like you would understand it. Unfortunately you are incapable of doing so, which is not my problem but yours.

Warriors have been nerfed due to people complaining about dieing quickly, FACT IS, THEY ARE ONLY THINKING ABOUT THE TIME THE WARRIOR GETS IN MELEE RANGE. WHAT THEY FORGET IS ALL THAT HAPPENED PRIOR TO THE WARRIOR GETTING INTO COMBAT RANGE.

THIS INCLUDES CC'S, DAMAGE DONE TO THE WARRIOR VIA RANGE, ABILITIES SUCH AS SQUIRRELING, SLIP AWAYS, ETC.

If you get a warrior almost dead before he hits you, then he globals you... that is totally fair because over the whole time of the fight you had an equal chance to kill the warrior. Not his fault you did not.. it is yours.

So people who complain tha tthe warrior killed too fast are just cry baby pvp'ers. Why? Because they will not consider the whole fight where they had control over the battle.. just the small part where the warrior did.

And the developers listen to the crybaby pvp'ers when if they listened to people who understood what was going on, this game would not be in such a mess.

If you cannot understand this that is fine. They need more people working at 7-11's, which is why I am done trying to explain simple logic to thick headed people, and done with this post.

In pvp, whether open world or wf the main thing that almost every warrior pvp'er is guilty of is spec'ing to maximize killing power since trying for survivability severely gimps their damage.

Funny though, certain mage builds,cleric builds,rogue builds all have survivability given to them as well as the ability to kill.
    4) Crazy healing clerics who can tank multiple high gear dps and not die.

Any decently geared cleric could heal themselves for over 1000 (additive) per tick from their own HoTs. Then add in things such as the 40% damage reduction during hard times and SHAZAAM. That cleric is now tanking multiple dps without any problems. I have done it so if you have not.. then you don't play your class properly in pvp.
    you just mentioned about warriors having to gimp their dps to have survivablity, then you mentioned how good none offensive clerics can survive? HoTs ( warden) 40% reduction ( sentinel ) = healing cleric without dps role.
    See you all in Wildstar!

+ Reply to Thread