+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Weeks of Sploitable New WF....

Rift Master

Thumbs up 2 Weeks of Sploitable New WF....

Well we are on week 2 of Trions Awesome new exploitable WF. In case you were wondering the new WF is easy as all belief to win every single time. You just grab the stone, run it back to your base. Now instead of capping or defending it, it's not that hard to sploit the stone up into your spawn point. The other side can't get to it, and for some reason when the idiots who coded this WF were drooling on their keyboards and between watching episodes of Dora the Explorer, they figured that it would be a good idea to make it so as long as nobody caps the first stone, the other stones don't spawn. Lovely.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    Well we are on week 2 of Trions Awesome new exploitable WF. In case you were wondering the new WF is easy as all belief to win every single time. You just grab the stone, run it back to your base. Now instead of capping or defending it, it's not that hard to sploit the stone up into your spawn point. The other side can't get to it, and for some reason when the idiots who coded this WF were drooling on their keyboards and between watching episodes of Dora the Explorer, they figured that it would be a good idea to make it so as long as nobody caps the first stone, the other stones don't spawn. Lovely.
    So the exploit is to let the match go on for 20 minutes for a small bonus instead of completing it every 5-6 minutes and getting a minimum of 3x as much Prestige?

Something seems off. That or I'm mis-interpreting what exploiting is. My understanding is it's when you abuse a game bug for your advantage -- not abusing it to your disadvantage.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    So the exploit is to let the match go on for 20 minutes for a small bonus instead of completing it every 5-6 minutes and getting a minimum of 3x as much Prestige?

Something seems off. That or I'm mis-interpreting what exploiting is. My understanding is it's when you abuse a game bug for your advantage -- not abusing it to your disadvantage.
    It depends on what you are going for. Turning the game into a massive farmfest for 20 minutes and getting the auto-win probably nets you more favor and prest.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    It depends on what you are going for. Turning the game into a massive farmfest for 20 minutes and getting the auto-win probably nets you more favor and prest.
    Not even close, lol. Calculate it sometime. The bonuses are far greater than sitting there farming people -- especially when they stop letting you farm them and just sit at their spawn (which Defiant does often).

Oh really? Had not heard of this one. Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    Not even close, lol. Calculate it sometime. The bonuses are far greater than sitting there farming people -- especially when they stop letting you farm them and just sit at their spawn (which Defiant does often).
    This might depend on the shard cluster. I know as a Guardian my queues are instant, but the Defiants have to wait quite a while. We always want to get things done quickly to get to the next match, but it seems like if the Defiants are winning they want to stretch it out so they get more favor before waiting for the next Warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    This might depend on the shard cluster. I know as a Guardian my queues are instant, but the Defiants have to wait quite a while. We always want to get things done quickly to get to the next match, but it seems like if the Defiants are winning they want to stretch it out so they get more favor before waiting for the next Warfront.
    This would influence it. Hate my 10 min queues... I've been considering a transfer for weeks due to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    Odd - I get instant queues on both my Defiant and Guardian chars (Defiant is on a PvE server now, forgot which one, lol) and Guardian is on one of the Oceanic servers.

Wow, I feel bad that I don't even know what servers my chars are on, rofl. Stupid server changes (both of them were on /b/rocliff).

Soulwalker

Also worth mentioning is the increased fav/pres on weekends. It's awfully hard to go back during the week. A game that used to have me logging in 7 days a week, now has me only caring to do so on weekends. Quite honestly, that is just not far from deciding that it simply is no longer worth the price of admission.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Micaiah View Post
    Also worth mentioning is the increased fav/pres on weekends. It's awfully hard to go back during the week. A game that used to have me logging in 7 days a week, now has me only caring to do so on weekends. Quite honestly, that is just not far from deciding that it simply is no longer worth the price of admission.
    Yeah, I rarely do warfronts in the week now. When I realized I can earn in 1 hour of weekend time the same amount as 3-4 hours of week time, I decided it's better to use my time more constructively.

(For calculations I base it on the fact that BG awards around 1k per 20 minutes or so, whereas WF gives as much as 1k every 5 minutes.)
    Last edited by raptorak; 08-13-2011 at 01:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread