+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP changes---Trion makes the simple complicated

Soulwalker

Default PvP changes---Trion makes the simple complicated

At first the new trade in system for PvP gear sounded awesome. But I don't understand how they came up with the system they implemented or why. It is ridiculous. I used to be able to press "k", then "pvp" and at a moment's glance, I knew precisely how much favor I needed to get my next piece of gear. Now I need a damned calculater. And, why is having a trade in mandatory? Does a car salesman refuse to sell you a car if you do not have one to trade in? Of course he doesn't. You pay more for the car if you have nothing to trade in, but it is still available to you. How much more comes out of your pocket with no trade-in should be your problem....your business...shouldn't concern the salesman at all.

Weapons for clerics are absolutely ridiculous. Let's say a cleric wants crit on his weapon. As a new level 50, his only choice for crit on a weapon is the 2H warhammer. Neither the mace nor the staff has crit. Wait, no crit on the staff? Yeah, why would a mage need crit, right? Now, when he's ready for his R4 weapon and if he wants to stay with crit, he needs to switch to the mace/tome combo. But, he cannot just trade in his warhammer, oh no no! He must go back and buy the R1 mace and tome because that is the only way he is allowed to buy the R4 stuff. He finds that irritating, but does it because he really does want that crit.

Now, at long last he is R6 and he's excited about getting his R6 mace/tome. But wait, you still want that crit, don't you? It's back to the beginning for you, because we have yet again moved crit from the weapon you now use back to the warhammer.

Why? Well, I can't hazard a guess, since it just seems completely ridiculous and stupid to me.

Wow... i cant believe someone would QQ about getting to upgrade their gear for less... Really, how is it complicated at all? You just need the previous piece and x amount of marks. Each mark is 1.6k favor and if you can not do the math, than you may need some help sir..
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    Wow... i cant believe someone would QQ about getting to upgrade their gear for less... Really, how is it complicated at all? You just need the previous piece and x amount of marks. Each mark is 1.6k favor and if you can not do the math, than you may need some help sir..

Ya, its fair that the OP has to buy the 1h mace + the shield + the 2 handed mace from R1 to R6 just keep a stat.

I see no reason why they would do that other than to make you grind more.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    By less of course you are meaning by more than warriors/rogues etc as to keep the weapon with the stats for the spec we have to have both a 1 hander and totem pair and a 2 hander for differing levels....

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    By less of course you are meaning by more than warriors/rogues etc as to keep the weapon with the stats for the spec we have to have both a 1 hander and totem pair and a 2 hander for differing levels....
    As the warrior NEVAR would have had the need to buy two one hander weapons (hmm ... daggers or swords ... damn that's 4 already) and one two hander ... surely the clerics got the A card with the 3 weapons compared to the warriors choice of 5.

and why doesn't a warrior just stick to one weapon? Because the flavour of the patch made different specs, weapons more interesting.

... on a side note ... why don't you just stick to pve stuff for the main/offhand slots? I mean focus isn't too bad for pvp either, or?

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedDuck View Post
    As the warrior NEVAR would have had the need to buy two one hander weapons (hmm ... daggers or swords ... damn that's 4 already) and one two hander ... surely the clerics got the A card with the 3 weapons compared to the warriors choice of 5.

and why doesn't a warrior just stick to one weapon? Because the flavour of the patch made different specs, weapons more interesting.

... on a side note ... why don't you just stick to pve stuff for the main/offhand slots? I mean focus isn't too bad for pvp either, or?
    Focus is all but useless in PvP because it doesn't matter. However, I still use my PvE weapon because it's better than any of the weapons I have access to currently.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Oh, and at rank 8, the staff has the highest total crit.

1 int = 1 spell crit rating for clerics
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

+ Reply to Thread