+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serious question from a newbie: Are there *any* server clusters where Defiants win?

Lightbulb Serious question from a newbie: Are there *any* server clusters where Defiants win?

I haven't seen a win in days. The first few matches I played during the early morning on the first day were wins for Defiant but after dozens of matches all losses I'm wondering if I picked a ****ty server when I rolled on Briarcliff.

I have Googled for the info and looked through old threads. There was a ton of Guardian QQ in March about imbalance but nothing really since. There is no official list of what servers are in which groups either which makes it very hard to pick one.

My preference would be for a server that has active World PVP in a server cluster that is relatively balanced but searching the forums and the net I haven't seen any suggestions.

Thanks for any helpful responses in advance

EDIT: I should add I've asked a number of people in private, in warfronts, in local and server chats and every single one says "No."
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 08-13-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Go to sunrest its about 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by XBlackstarX View Post
    Go to sunrest its about 50/50.
    I'll give that a try, thanks.

Yeah, our cluster is pretty evenly matched. Lots of hard fought games.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54822&dateline=131225  5993

Shadowlander

Default well

on the sunrest/belmont wargroup, it's about 90%-10% in favor of the defiant.

in fact, guardians often only get single-digits in kills.

I like the Freeholme/Molinar cluster. Decent queues for all levels, and pretty even.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jeopardydd View Post
    on the sunrest/belmont wargroup, it's about 90%-10% in favor of the defiant.

in fact, guardians often only get single-digits in kills.
    its cuz seastone is their, holding ur hands.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Deepstrike/Dayblind defiant premades rule the world.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    its cuz seastone is their, holding ur hands.
    This spelling it's... inspiring

Freeholme/Molinar cluster is pretty even depending on the time of day. You have to learn when defiants logged on and participating. It's all about getting to know your server, its community, and the cluster.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-13-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Telaran

Sunrest seems quite even. Depending on time of day i could very easily win 10 in a row or lose 10 in a row. Very rarely does it alternate but it very much goes back and forth on who's dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by cdale View Post
    Sunrest seems quite even. Depending on time of day i could very easily win 10 in a row or lose 10 in a row. Very rarely does it alternate but it very much goes back and forth on who's dominating.
    Well. I was doing okay, roughly even (maybe 60/40 losses/wins) until I hit the 20-30 bracket. It's back to 90/10 losses/wins now. Defiants absolutely refuse to play as a team most of the time. I'm seriously considering a re-roll to Guardians. I did play open beta briefly and I know most of the pvpers there were talking about rolling Guardians then because they knew Defiants would be higher pop.

Rogues seem pretty weak too .. I can kill most mages, most other rogues although not good bards or exceptional marksman, a handful of warriors and NEVER a cleric (1v1). I'm an assassin primarily (with 5 in rifstalker for the teleport mostly and 6 in inflitrator). The stealth is nice, that's about it, the burst isn't enough to compensate for the heals and damage mitigation though. I know rogue forums are saying nightblade or marksman *shrug*.

I really really wish there was more info around referencing how things are at end game, statistics from servers and numbers like there are for WoW. I know there are 8 ranks after 50 which reminds me a lot of Warhammer (as this whole game does, only a PVE focused version).

Anyway thanks for the helpful responses, far less flames than I expected.

+ Reply to Thread