+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2100 Favor - 572 Favor

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default 2100 Favor - 572 Favor

    Ok I'm done with this.

    0-10 this morning. Same guardian premade all morning.

    This latest game we will none of them so it ended with them getting 2100 favor and us getting the loser 572 favor for just showing up.

    They are gearing up/ranking up 4 times as fast as us which will give them even greater advantage.

    Trion this is not PVP. Whatever this is you have created seriously fails. I will dance on the grave of your game when SWTOR/Diablo 3 hits.

    For now I'll just go back to WOW.
    Last edited by Rawrasawr; 08-13-2011 at 08:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Look, buddy, I'm feeling with you, really am. Experiencing the same stuff all the time. But spamming here all the time won't change anything. You just hurt your own cause, trust me.
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-13-2011 at 08:11 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Look, buddy, I'm feeling with you, really am. Experiencing the same stuff all the time. But spamming here all the time won't change anything. You just hurt your own cause, trust me.
    I disagree. Trion needs to know what a unbelievably fantanstic failure this change has brought. However in the long run it doesnt matter. This game will be dead next year with the good games coming out.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    It is a complete and abyssmal failure. It seems like the more Trion does, the more they wreck their own PvP.

    I think this is going to be my last subscription cycle. Enough is enough. There are just too many things wrong with Rift as it currently is.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    852

    Default

    But but but they changed the queing to prevent premades!

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Shhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    sooooo you're expecting the losing team to gain more favor because they're worse and lost so you can gear up and then come up with another excuse for losing? Damn I'm going to have to make a sig for pvpers now too.

    And here I was hoping this threads title was just a simple math problem.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 08-13-2011 at 08:20 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    sooooo you're expecting the losing team to gain more favor because they're worse and lost so you can gear up and then come up with another excuse for losing? Damn I'm going to have to make a sig for pvpers now too.
    I cannot speak for the OP, but for me... on my shard cluster it has been the same 2 - 3 Guardian pre-mades queuing for Escalation all day. Out of 60 or so attempts, I have won exactly one.

    The warfront goes the same way every time. They quickly get two stones, then camp the Defiant spawn point holding onto to the third.

    Trion obviously nothing to segregate pre-mades from pugs, just like they did nothing to address the genuine issues with Warriors and just like they wrecked one of the Cabalists abilities it has to spend 4 points in to go full 51.

    It's a mess. Rift, as best I can see, is deteriorating quite rapidly and Trion seems to be almost intentionally doing it at this point.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I am a solo player and have been for all of Rift. I just don't buy these types of threads. perhaps I will start a tally again for my cluster. If you actually sit around and do it all day odds work out like general odds. It's often near 50/50 in the grand scheme. Sometimes you win back n forth, sometimes you win 10 in a row, maybe sometimes you lose 10 in a row. But I have never had such frustrating issues where I feel my experience is ruined because I can't get a win or get ahead. /shrug, maybe I'll collect data again since I stopped xfering to a new cluster every week.

    What cluster is OP from? Premade doesn't always mean win. The problem is people give up when someone says the premade word. Nothing about grouping together makes people any better than other bunch thrown together. The objectives are simple, PUG teams can beat a premade anyday if they play a good game.

    The rewards are plenty. I put in more than average time probably but not near as much as some. I am p7 after 8 days. Also if I check back on my ranking history over a month, it's quite steady despite many cluster transfers and such. If you que up for WF's, do the dailys and attempt world pvp kills, you get your progression in due time.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-13-2011 at 08:25 AM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    sooooo you're expecting the losing team to gain more favor because they're worse and lost so you can gear up and then come up with another excuse for losing? Damn I'm going to have to make a sig for pvpers now too.
    ^This. If you are getting rolled by a premade, then you have 4 options.

    1) Continue queueing for the warfront and get your welfare favor / prestige

    2) Learn how to coordinate. If you say you PUG and that you can't coordinate that's your fault for not finding people to do a premade with. I pug most the day and generally, you can get some coordination going if you actually start talking.

    3) Stop queuing for that warfront for a while. Seriously, there are 4 of them, you don't have to do one exclusively all day. Hell, soon there's gonna be 5 warfronts. You'll really get to see some premades when that comes out.

    4) Go do PvP rifts and build some favor and get valor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I am a solo player and have been for all of Rift. I just don't buy these types of threads. perhaps I will start a tally again for my cluster. If you actually sit around and do it all day odds work out like general odds. It's often near 50/50 in the grand scheme. Sometimes you win back n forth, sometimes you win 10 in a row, maybe sometimes you lose 10 in a row. But I have never had such frustrating issues where I feel my experience is ruined because I can't get a win or get ahead. /shrug, maybe I'll collect data again since I stopped xfering to a new cluster every week.

    What cluster is OP from? Premade doesn't always mean win. The problem is people give up when someone says the premade word. Nothing about grouping together makes people any better than other bunch thrown together. The objectives are simple, PUG teams can beat a premade anyday if they play a good game.
    For me personally, pre-mades do not equal certain doom. I have seen them beaten. Unfortunately, as long as Escalation has been going on I have been queuing off and on. Please read my above post to find the results of my experiences today.

    However, as a general rule, I agree with you. I have never bought into the perception that one side always wins and another always loses. I find that is most often the result of people focusing on the negative (i.e. losses) more than the positive (i.e. wins) because that is typical human nature. It was true in WoW, and it has been mostly true in Rift (I've played both factions in both of these games).

    The problem with Rift, however, is that unlike WoW all the shards are not linked, so you wind up facing the same people over and over again (in this case, the same pre-mades over and over again). Unlike WoW, the PvP in Rift is also a good deal more of a wreck. Health pools are too small compared to damage output, healing has been nerfed severely (30% on some spells, with my Soothing Stream hitting for almost half of what it does in PvE at four stacks), Warriors were not actually addressed... and the list goes on and on.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    The losing team should get more favor/prestige. There's nothing wrong with bumping it up to 2k for winners and 1k for losers.. 4:1 is a very low ratio.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Sunrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    384

    Default

    I'm sure you had a little bad streak, happens to everyone. If it miraculously was 10 straight rofl stomps by the SAME premade hitting que simultaneously to get in the same wf... and you kept getting these same opponents... um.... have you figured it out yet?

    Wait 5 minutes THEN que again, you'll be out of their loop and they'll get a different set of opponents that might give them a run.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    I had a few close matches last night, but I also wasn't playing in a broken bracket.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Carondimonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    ^This. If you are getting rolled by a premade, then you have 4 options.

    1) Continue queueing for the warfront and get your welfare favor / prestige
    This.

    2) Learn how to coordinate. If you say you PUG and that you can't coordinate that's your fault for not finding people to do a premade with. I pug most the day and generally, you can get some coordination going if you actually start talking.
    2-3 afk, 3-4 don't speak english, 7-8 *******s

    3) Stop queuing for that warfront for a while. Seriously, there are 4 of them, you don't have to do one exclusively all day. Hell, soon there's gonna be 5 warfronts. You'll really get to see some premades when that comes out.
    There is at least a premade for evey wf: many for bg and whitefall, lesser for scion and codex.

    4) Go do PvP rifts and build some favor and get valor.
    Omg 600 prestige/20 min.
    More than ten characters.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Rowwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default

    /scratches head....wish i knew where the Guardian domination was happening....seems the defiants rule in every wf where i play.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts