+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some (relatively easy) fixes for the PVP problems

Champion

Default Some (relatively easy) fixes for the PVP problems

PVP, imo, is broken for a number of key reasons:

Problem 1. Gear disparity by rank - there is far too big a gap between the rank 1 and rank 8 gear.

This has now been exacerbated by the exploits in PVP rifts. If you are new to wf's you have a huge grind ahead of you and you will die in 2 shots to most players. This is not a fun situation for new players and doesn't encourage veterans to roll a new toon (greatly decreasing re-playability). Who really wants absolutely zero chance of surviving more than a few seconds?

Solutions:

1. Two warfront brackets 1-4 and 5-8. This in itself would not be enough as the disparity between rank 5 and 8 is still too big but it would be a start. I actually don't really like this idea as some of my friends would be in a different bracket but it's a 'quick' fix.

2. Buff the armour sets to have very nearly the same valor by rank but keep the stats mostly the same. While you will not put out amazing DPS in rank 3 stuff you will still have very good damage mitigation to enable some survivability. This would also have no effect at all on PVE.

3. As a counter to those who exploited game mechanics without losing subs implement a new Favourmania for ranks 1-7 for the next few weeks. Increase the gains enough so that people feel they can earn the ranks still but there won't be a period of 3 months of levelling in WF's totally dominated by R8's. They can also thumb their noses at those who did cheat and while it does punish the tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of peope that reached it legit it is the smallest number by far.

Problem 2 - Control is lacking in PVP and/or diminishing returns are broken

How many people complain about warriors in PVP? A huge number. Is there a problem with warriors putting out huge spike dmg? No not really. There is a problem with them putting out huge spike dmg and having a really, really high uptime when healed. You all know what I mean, you have a few control spells in dps or healing builds but just how many times do you use them just to see the dreaded 'Immune' message two seconds before your face melts regardless of the rank of gear you are using.

Solution - Lower the cooldowns on things like knockbacks (not stuns or silences) and snares but increase mana costs to make non spammable. Split out the DR by class so that a cleric snare does not count against the same DR as a mage snare etc. Put ALL of the CC on DR by ability rather than by control type. Test, improve more as needed.

Problem 3 - 50% Heal debuffs and huge AOE mana/energy drain.

Solution - If you are going to nerf healing then nerf healing debuffs from 50% to 25% at most. I play a dominator as well as a cleric and the aoe drains are ridiculous and spoil group PVP. You shouldn't HAVE to have one spec of one class on your side to win a 20 v 20, it's just wrong. Reduce the amount of mana/energy drained by half and increase dmg slightly.

Ok wall of text crits you and I know it needs some refining but what do people think? Agree or disagree away...

Quote Originally Posted by IconoSton View Post
    PVP, imo, is broken for a number of key reasons:

Problem 1. Gear disparity by rank - there is far too big a gap between the rank 1 and rank 8 gear.

This has now been exacerbated by the exploits in PVP rifts. If you are new to wf's you have a huge grind ahead of you and you will die in 2 shots to most players. This is not a fun situation for new players and doesn't encourage veterans to roll a new toon (greatly decreasing re-playability). Who really wants absolutely zero chance of surviving more than a few seconds?

Solutions:

1. Two warfront brackets 1-4 and 5-8. This in itself would not be enough as the disparity between rank 5 and 8 is still too big but it would be a start. I actually don't really like this idea as some of my friends would be in a different bracket but it's a 'quick' fix.

Yes, please.

2. Buff the armour sets to have very nearly the same valor by rank but keep the stats mostly the same. While you will not put out amazing DPS in rank 3 stuff you will still have very good damage mitigation to enable some survivability. This would also have no effect at all on PVE.

Yes, please.
    lllllllllllllllllll

+ Reply to Thread