+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp rifts on pvp servers.

Default Pvp rifts on pvp servers.

Really ?!?

I can't level in ice pine right now because the area is crawling with 50s doing their pvp rifts, exploits or whatever the crap thaose are, and ganking the **** out of anyone crossing their paths.

I was just getting comfortable with the ideea that Stillmoor and Shimmersand aren't playable by levelers on pvp realms, now it seems the **** has spilled over into Ice Pine Peaks.

This game just keeps finding more and more ways to piss me off. I'm out the moment I get something interesting to play.
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-13-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Its funny that they have free transfers to other servers and yet you choose to be pissed off and posting here when you can solve your own problem by moving off of a server that is open PvP if it bothers you that much. Maybe you should get pissed at yourself.

I'm on a PvP server and I'm getting PvPED!!! WTF!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    People acts like they know everything

Quote Originally Posted by Frakthefriendly View Post
    Cause pvp on a pvp server is about getting 1 shoted by maximum level players on a regular basis.

This whole "get the **** out of here, lowbies, cause we got some work to do" was lame in Stillmoor and Shimmersand and is even lamer in Ice Pine Peaks. Soon, levelers will be restricted to freemarch and silverwood as all other areas are for 50s to jerk off at some rift or crap, so trying to level while the area is crawling with aggressive 50s like flies on a turd is a real legendary feat. But I won't wait until then, I'm out soon.
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-13-2011 at 07:48 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Frakthefriendly View Post
    lol

IMO anyone who joins a PvP server should already know what's going to happen. After all, it's called PvP for a reason.

Maybe before players can create a char on a PvP server there should be a warning: "this server may contain PvP." Maybe that'd help make it a bit more obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Cause pvp on a pvp server is about getting 1 shoted by maximum level players on a regular basis.
    Sometimes it is. Walk it off.

I'm out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    People acts like they know everything

Banned

PvP servers are nothing but gank fests and zergs. Its obvious you are new to the genre because all NA pvp ends up as ganking and zergs.

The NA pvp community does not want fair and challenging fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnice View Post
    PvP servers are nothing but gank fests and zergs. Its obvious you are new to the genre because all NA pvp ends up as ganking and zergs.

The NA pvp community does not want fair and challenging fights.
    Yup, you do get a number of fair fights, but just as many, if not more times where you get steamrolled by half or a WHOLE raid party. It sucks how you HAVE to form a raid party at times just to do dailies on PvP servers.

My advice for the OP is roll on a busy PvE server, do your quests and grinding there in relative peace. I'm at the point where I prefer to keep my PvP and PvE seperate, it's a headache at times. If there's not enough ppl in your faction on when you want to do your dailies you're screwed at times. It cuts both ways, but you really have to work with the zerg principle at most times, may the zerg be with you.....

p.s. what's with the "NA" stuff? I've rolled on the EU servers and it's the same stuff, zerg fests. Rolled on EU servers in AoC and Warhammer too, same deal. I'm US, but work graveyards so I play a lot on EU and it's all the same imho, regardless of where you are.

This whole "get the **** out of here, lowbies, cause we got some work to do" was lame in Stillmoor and Shimmersand and is even lamer in Ice Pine Peaks. Soon, levelers will be restricted to freemarch and silverwood as all other areas are for 50s to jerk off at some rift or crap, so trying to level while the area is crawling with aggressive 50s like flies on a turd is a real legendary feat. But I won't wait until then, I'm out soon.
    Oh man wait till you hit 50 if you feel bad about being 1shot by max level 50's....

rank 8 much?

Really ?!?

I can't level in ice pine right now because the area is crawling with 50s doing their pvp rifts, exploits or whatever the crap thaose are, and ganking the **** out of anyone crossing their paths.

I was just getting comfortable with the ideea that Stillmoor and Shimmersand aren't playable by levelers on pvp realms, now it seems the **** has spilled over into Ice Pine Peaks.

This game just keeps finding more and more ways to piss me off. I'm out the moment I get something interesting to play.
    And this... surprises you...? I'm sorry to say but if this bothers you I don't think you're cut out for leveling on a PvP server. Hell, even at rank 4, you're still going to be kicked into the dirt (or snow in this case). If you're looking for small scale open world PvP, such a thing doesn't exist. If the daily kill quest is in say IPP, then you're ****ed as a low level. If it isn't some people will ignore you (leveling my cleric around a guardian PvP rift, I was left alone as I was keeping their runners from having to deal with mobs lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

And this is why PvP populations in MMOs always spiral down to just a small % of hardcore/mature players.

Either there's an endless supply of fresh naive players always coming in expecting MMO PvP to be "balanced" and "fair" or just a lot of dense people that like to beat their head against a concrete wall..

I confess, I smacked myself a level 39 in IPP just tonight, during a PVP rift event.

...he was carrying stones... so, I guess look at it this way - if you're gonna get ganked either way, might as well participate and get some good out of it. I stopped the little level 39 a couple of times (I was pretty much the only guardian there, so had to take folks I could kill quick) but I'm sure he got through more than I stopped him.

+ Reply to Thread