+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matching 3 Healers Vs None

Default Matching 3 Healers Vs None

Trion sort your matching system out please, the number of times the other side has had over a 2 healer advantage..it just sucks, really sucks when you know no matter how organized and skilled you are healing beats you!

I don't know how you can do it, but we don't want to constantly have one side with +3 healer advantage, just give them max points and move on.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Trion sort your matching system out please, the number of times the other side has had over a 2 healer advantage..it just sucks, really sucks when you know no matter how organized and skilled you are healing beats you!

I don't know how you can do it, but we don't want to constantly have one side with +3 healer advantage, just give them max points and move on.
    Nerf healers. Then nerf groups. Then nerf random.

I deserve to win, damn it!

And a full party (not raid) of warriors ?
    Oh wait--

So u want to tell that everyone on your bg was warriors?
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Rift Disciple

It's called "luck of the draw"...you WILL NOT get a perfect team every time...

Seriously? How did you get from +3 healer advantage to perfect team?

A random WF should never start with one side having +2/+3 healer advantage? Why? Because its a done deal one side will dominate!

This is about the matching system!

Rift Disciple

You seem to get mad because ONE match started unbalanced? It happens. No reason to create a thread over it whining....especially considering 3 of the 4 archtypes has healing specs...you a mad warrior? Or a rogue/mage who refuses to do anything but dps?

Roll a healer, then you know that your side will have at least 1 healer

Matchmaking does not involve roles. Maybe jelly rolls, but not roles.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

How would the system even know what role you're going to be playing? Just because I queue while farming in a chlorolock world spec doesn't mean i want to play healer when it pops. If i was playing my cleric i would probably queue in a duracell world spec even when i wanted to play healer.
    Last edited by Chancellor Gowron; 08-13-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    And a full party (not raid) of warriors ?
    Oh wait--
    How stupid... I have been in a full party of warriors with zero healers going against a defiant wf full of healers. Warriors die hands down.

Before i canceled my account I also had a pvp healer. I had abilities which would heal me if I was hit, I had damage reduction that when I was in trouble I could reduce my total damage taken by around 90%. I also had on me continous ticking of over 500 point non crit heals constantly just from soothing stream during big fights without including any other heals. I would have a ton of melee trying to kill me and not succeeding.

No team of warriors could ever match it.
    Last edited by Veronne; 08-13-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Plane Touched

The problem is the PvP is so unbalanced. In a balanced system each class would be just as effective. PvP should never be the team with the most of a certain class wins.

No whine about the other side having more healers is legit unless you're playing a healer yourself.

Ascendant

Seriously? How did you get from +3 healer advantage to perfect team?

A random WF should never start with one side having +2/+3 healer advantage? Why? Because its a done deal one side will dominate!

This is about the matching system!
    No, this is about people who don't really see the big picture making unrealistic demands.

If you're out to get favor/prestige, most people would rather have a match start and spend 15 minutes getting their heads caved in for some favor than sit in a queue for 30+ minutes earning no favor while waiting for enough healers from their faction to queue to make a "fair" match.

There's not an infinite supply of healers. They're not NPCs. Trion can't just make more on demand. If there are no healers from your faction in the queue, guess what? No healers for you!

Sometimes when I'm the only healer in a match I'll switch to dps just to show our team we can still do it, if they listen to instruction and stay coordinated. Most of the time it works.

+ Reply to Thread