+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is this cheat i am seeing in WF's?

Soulwalker

Default What is this cheat i am seeing in WF's?

The last 8 warfronts i have played tonight, I have experienced something odd. Several times I have come up on someone trying to cap a flag and let loose on them,,only to suddenly have my abilities stop working for a few seconds while i see them standing there,,then all of a sudden they are about 25-30 meters away , and these are classes without the plane shifts or random direction emergency shifts.

Would someone please clarify what is happening.

That actually sounds a lot like user side lag? I had one night in WF's where my ping was spiking to 1k and was having problems up this alley.

If not on your side and not weird legitimate net issues or video catch up, could be a result of someone ghosting in game. From the way you describe it doesn't sound like an in game mechanic of any sort. If it was all your WF's from one night, it could have been a bad night for lag. Especially a weekend night. Add to the mix the new bonus weekend WF draws a fair amount of popularity you might just be lagging, or experiencing lag from some source whether its your side, server side or opposing player side.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-13-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Soulwalker

I would have that that also but my lag never went over 155ms and a couple of them laughed at me when i was trying to relocate them.

I was talking to a friend today and he mentioned something about escape logout cancel,,,,could this be what there doing?

Soulwalker

Found the answer is a diff thread.

No he is right about DC'ing. Ive seen people DC in the middle of overland PvP and they freeze up and you cannot attack them. Pulling internet cords have been a tactic behind MMO exploiting for a long time though, its a hard side effect to protect from. Also hard to claim someone is doing it intentionally with proof. Not hard to see someone do it, but to make a case to Trion about a player abusing it, is where its tough to make a case of proof.

so this tells me they are quickly dc'ing and reconnecting to do a ghetto warp back and negate the damage that was just done to them..

Aye, that was my speculation of a few things I've seen while overland PvPing.

Ascendant

i know there is a latency glitch, as it happened to me. My internet went out while i was running a stone and came back about 15 seconds later, i was still running towards turn in because i didn't know i was lagging then all at once I got a ton of damage abilities done to me, some heals, more damage, the stone turns in and i die.

I'll bet they had me killed way before i got the turn in but my client reported that I made it to the turn in because it didn't know any better.

I'll bet $5 that there is a way to exploit that.
    Last edited by generatedname; 08-13-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

I've experienced lag several times where it seems like i have control of my character and i can see everything that everyone else in the game is doing in real time, but i can't cast and it's clear that I haven't actually moved because I'll take hits and heals from players (and i see it update in real time not a laggy burst) that aren't near me.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    I've experienced lag several times where it seems like i have control of my character and i can see everything that everyone else in the game is doing in real time, but i can't cast and it's clear that I haven't actually moved because I'll take hits and heals from players (and i see it update in real time not a laggy burst) that aren't near me.
    IP lag switch. Common cheat in FPS.

+ Reply to Thread