+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laying it Down - Asphodel - Video

Prophet of Telara

Default Laying it Down - Asphodel - Video

New video of the Asphodel server.

trying a new template for my videos, tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rSUrnhB1Cw

Soulwalker

I am not sure this could be done without assisting...Gorth? Good times over here. You all should come over for some open world.

Hmmm, well I'll be honest critic if you like...

You had a somewhat good opening. The tunnel fit well with RIFT(though it looked more mechanical than organic such as the rifts in the game), but the typography just didn't fit at all in the opening or in the rest of the video. Also Was there a reason that the video was so small in size? It's quite difficult to see anything beyond the damage numbers. I felt the black space around the video was wasted and that space could've been used either for a frame to compliment the video itself or allow the video to be bigger and more clear.

Sound was good quality, but I'd pick different music personally. While it is inherently a personal preference, I felt that the music choices just didn't fit with the video and that the consistency in musical style wasn't there. In addition the random voices throughout threw me off and after watching it again they didn't exactly seem to me within the context(being the unity of the visual and audible) all that important unless you're trying to emphasis on the team and not yourself.(in which case having a higher quality video to let us see how you're interacting with your team would help)Usually I'll go with either one or the other, but if you're going to have music and voices lower the volume on the music a bit more.

I can only assume this is a rough idea of how you wish to layout your videos in the future and in that case it serves as a good base, however in its current state it needs work. Hope that helps, look forward to seeing what you do later.
    Last edited by Typrop; 08-13-2011 at 01:44 AM.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Soulwalker

So out of 5 stars, how many stars would you give this video?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Typrop View Post

You had a somewhat good opening. The tunnel fit well with RIFT(though it looked more mechanical than organic such as the rifts in the game), but the typography just didn't fit at all in the opening or in the rest of the video. Also Was there a reason that the video was so small in size? It's quite difficult to see anything beyond the damage numbers. I felt the black space around the video was wasted and that space could've been used either for a frame to compliment the video itself or allow the video to be bigger and more clear.

Sound was good quality, but I'd pick different music personally. While it is inherently a personal preference, I felt that the music choices just didn't fit with the video and that the consistency in musical style wasn't there. In addition the random voices throughout threw me off and after watching it again they didn't exactly seem to me within the context(being the unity of the visual and audible) all that important unless you're trying to emphasis on the team and not yourself.(in which case having a higher quality video to let us see how you're interacting with your team would help)Usually I'll go with either one or the other, but if you're going to have music and voices lower the volume on the music a bit more.

I can only assume this is a rough idea of how you wish to layout your videos in the future and in that case it serves as a good base, however in its current state it needs work. Hope that helps, look forward to seeing what you do later.
    I'm down with everything that guy says, as far as the video goes. Good PvP on the other hand.
    GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, GP 4/4, DH 4/4, HK 2˝/10

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Typrop View Post

As of currently, I make my videos rapid fire. I cater the music to myself and the style of music I listen to while gaming. I'm also no expert movie maker, I've only been making them about a year. I appreciate the feedback.

The reason for me displaying things so small is so people can't see my micro fighting. I will give small tips but I'm not trying to give out free tutorials on how to play mage..not saying I do it very well, because we all have our flaws. For instance I don't de-taunt enough.

And currently dubstep is the most popular gaming music. So I don't think the music was all that bad. The cocky first song was implemented as a BiS pun.

Telaran

dude!!! sick!
    Nato Rank 6 Killer
    Laying it Down

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by NatoRosella View Post
    dude!!! sick!
    nato!!!! miss you!! and Krit and Uben

Well... I freaking liked it in any way and shape. Good music, excellent gameplay (everyone seems perfectly calm and just professional) and very entertaining

And I envy your hardware. I would have had like 0.01 fps in encounters like that.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Well... I freaking liked it in any way and shape. Good music, excellent gameplay (everyone seems perfectly calm and just professional) and very entertaining

And I envy your hardware. I would have had like 0.01 fps in encounters like that.
    Thanks, we really got an awesome group of guys and 4 gals. I had a nice time making this video. Got a few more I'm going to push out on this server.
    Thanks again

This is a pretty good one Power. I agree you need to work to make the video, bigger? Not sure why it was small unless it was for the text.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
    This is a pretty good one Power. I agree you need to work to make the video, bigger? Not sure why it was small unless it was for the text.
    Windows movie maker fail

- Enjoyed

- Devouring shadow ticks between 800-2164 is OP as hell

- I believe to each their own in music tastes but Eminem...really?

- intro would have been better if it ended is some king of nice spell special effect when you got at the end of the pc line tunnel as opposed to generic text

keep them coming though - I love a daily dose of pvp vids

Rift Master

ur aoes hit harder then ur single target, very strange ehhe..

nicely done tho, but u hit those guys way 2 hard, iv never had a lock hit me that hard in pvp.. kinda weird.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Prophet of Telara

It's mainly because when I'm using devouring my empowered darkness is normally toggled. Void Bolts will go as high as 4200. P8 now since yesterday with hammerknell offhand = madness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast