+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lingering wounds is making pvp unhealable(sugguestion)

Rift Master

Default Lingering wounds is making pvp unhealable(sugguestion)

Make it cleanseable.

Remove the ability for healers to cleanse themselves if you must, but it really doesn't matter cuz your next gcd is likely to put it back up.

This ability reduces Everything I can do by 50% with no sacrifice to spec for it, no gcd to apply it, is 100% uptime, applies with ae abilities, cannot be cleansed. Get a freaking clue trion. I don't care if you nerf heals by another 25%, fix lw.

I certainly have no problem with clerics survivability going down.. My main problem is trying to keep up other players with lw debuff on them. Focus fire has and always will make people explode regardless.

I know threads have been made on this issue, and other probably better sugguestions have been made, but please do something!
    Last edited by Nooblet; 08-12-2011 at 11:02 PM.

I wouldn't mind it being cleansable, but due to the mechanic that applies it, I'd say that it'd almost be pointless unless you're using a CoT(cleanse over time) that would remove it every X amount of seconds. If anything I'd say perhaps being able to put LW on multiple targets at once might be an issue if anything.

My strongest opener always has been that in each WF charge in the middle of everyone build up to 3 points if i don't have it,timing buff, then use an AoE crit(which in turn places LW on anyone nearby) and go to town on the lowest hp target. This I find stresses healers out the most if I pull it off. Even for some pre-mades I've found it to be a nightmarish for some of them to handle(I don't know how good or bad they were but as ut was various premades I can only assume it depends on whether the premade is prepared or not for it)

That is just my experience, but I always felt that something like that was a bit more drastic than the usual warrior stuff people often present.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Plane Touched

No, it should be cleansable on everyone, including healers. Furthermore, it should not have the absurd uptime it does.

It requires 17 points to invest into and is easily the most overpowered PvP ability (in a PvE tree no less, much like all the other great PvP tools).

Remove it, fix it, do something. In its current state it is helping to dig Rift PvP's grave even deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Make it cleanseable.

Remove the ability for healers to cleanse themselves if you must, but it really doesn't matter cuz your next gcd is likely to put it back up.

This ability reduces Everything I can do by 50% with no sacrifice to spec for it, no gcd to apply it, is 100% uptime, applies with ae abilities, cannot be cleansed. Get a freaking clue trion. I don't care if you nerf heals by another 25%, fix lw.

I certainly have no problem with clerics survivability going down.. My main problem is trying to keep up other players with lw debuff on them. Focus fire has and always will make people explode regardless.

I know threads have been made on this issue, and other probably better sugguestions have been made, but please do something!
    lol lingering wounds is prfectly balanced and fine stop crying.

By the time they nerf LW, I'll be trollin' around with my sith marauder.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    lol lingering wounds is prfectly balanced and fine stop crying.
    Only a bad warrior would say this, because he does need it to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    By the time they nerf LW, I'll be trollin' around with my sith marauder.
    Hell ya bro! Sith Warrior FTW

Rift Disciple

lol rubberduckie is the biggest joke I have ever seen in a videogame

Telaran

They just need to move it near the top of the VK tree. VK is suppose to be anti caster anyway.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Only a bad warrior would say this, because he does need it to compete.
    Precisely, and judging by his posts and threads, that is all he is.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Skunk View Post
    They just need to move it near the top of the VK tree. VK is suppose to be anti caster anyway.
    But it is not an anti-caster specific debuff. It is more of a PvP debuff. Maybe place it in the PvP tree? You know, the trees that are meant to work well in PvP yet people seldom, if ever use.

Very peculiar.

Telaran

LW is fine on its own. Just need to apply only on the target of the warrior. And every new application makes the old one fades. /fixd.
    GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, GP 4/4, DH 4/4, HK 2˝/10

Plane Touched

This is how it should be :

-out of gcd ability, requiring a crit to land it, cd 30s

or

-gcd ability with 15s cd

And in any case ALL trauma debuff, should be curable, like it was on beta (even if it must requires n other/new spell for it ).

Ascendant

put lingering wounds in the pvp soul since it is mainly pvp.....

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    put lingering wounds in the pvp soul since it is mainly pvp.....
    then no one would take it lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast