+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 0 viable melee dps now.

Ascendant

Default 0 viable melee dps now.

warrior is dead. i think its hilarious that the 7.5k hp chloro/lock mages that heal themselves are now the top dps in Wfs.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Rift Master

Chloro/lock has always been top dps in wfs for one reason: nature's fury. With enough gear, and the warlock damage mods, this spell hits for about 1.5k on four targets every 8 seconds. Thing is: it chains from one to the next with a fairly noticeable delay, so it's not the same thing as a cabbie or a stormcaller nailing everyone at once. It's also pure aoe damage, which means it's not going to function very well as targeted threat removal - which is still the name of the game in competitive pvp.

Warriors can still top charts, but they've always done it with most single-target dps. That's why, even when they don't top damage, they're always crushing KBs. Warrior damage, unlike a lot of the aoe "fluff", really matters.

Ascendant

warriors are still killing whoever they target.

as said above, no fluff involved. if you have a warrior on you, you're as good as dead in most situations
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    warrior is dead. i think its hilarious that the 7.5k hp chloro/lock mages that heal themselves are now the top dps in Wfs.
    The only warriors who think it's dead are the bad ones.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    The only warriors who think it's dead are the bad ones.
    if you are dieing to a warrior now you are bad. My rank 7 took easily a 45% damage nerf. Im hitting rank 6 mages for 800 with my hardest hitting finisher. Devouring shadows now hits me harder as an AOE than any single target ability i can use against a chlor lock.

Mofugga-bethlam

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    Chloro/lock has always been top dps in wfs for one reason: nature's fury. With enough gear, and the warlock damage mods, this spell hits for about 1.5k on four targets every 8 seconds. Thing is: it chains from one to the next with a fairly noticeable delay, so it's not the same thing as a cabbie or a stormcaller nailing everyone at once. It's also pure aoe damage, which means it's not going to function very well as targeted threat removal - which is still the name of the game in competitive pvp.

Warriors can still top charts, but they've always done it with most single-target dps. That's why, even when they don't top damage, they're always crushing KBs. Warrior damage, unlike a lot of the aoe "fluff", really matters.
    i dont have a single ability that can hit a rank 6 chloro lock for 1.5k after this nerf. These guys are tossing AOEs that hit that hard while healing themselves.

Mofugga-bethlam

Don't worry sunshine, sooner or latter people will discover Nightblade Rogues for group PvP. When that happens you can kiss all those silly lock/chloro bye bye...

Its not even funny how hard a Nightblade owns a lock/chloro, perfect paper-scissors scenario.
    Last edited by Riftrox; 08-13-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Screenshot or it didn't happen.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Master

What? Every other warrior is enjoying the buff

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Don't worry sunshine, sooner or latter people will discover Nightblade Rogues for group PvP. When that happens you can kiss all those silly lock/chloro bye bye...

Its not even funny how hard a Nightblade owns a lock/chloro, perfect paper-scissors scenario.
    dont care about 1v1 that relies on a nightblade popping an hour and a halfs worth of CDs to win.

Mofugga-bethlam

Perhaps you know how mages felt when Trion nerfed Cinder Burst and Fulminate, and put Inferno on the GCD in one great movement of soul destruction.

Or you're just trolling and/or bad.

dont care about 1v1 that relies on a nightblade popping an hour and a halfs worth of CDs to win.
    They are on 2min CD, if you have 2min CD's you know they are allways up..

AND..

Wait for it...

The NB will kill that silly lock/chloro while being focused by the other team lol

All his team mates need to do is just look at the lock/chloro while the NB is on him and its bye bye locki
    Last edited by Riftrox; 08-13-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Rift Disciple

chloro/lock is a good spec, however we have steady dps. think about this. If you are in a raid, your war does 2k dps, however in a wf this dps is much less for many reasons. A chloro/lock does low dps, however it is consistent dps and so on the charts at the end of a match it appears that the chloro/lock did great dmg. Most of this dmg is not important though and had little effect on the match. The important thing was the healing. If you do not understand this you are ignorant and/or stupid.

Where is patch 6 notes?
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Rift Master

dont kno whats wrong with you mofuga, but im ****** face. I destroy anything i touch.. and iv a R6 cleric leaves me alone long enough its dead, also been dueling p6 clerics in merdian havent lost a battle yet..

im just plane rapping it and making another pvp vid,

you just need 2 find the right spec, and its not dual wield
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast