+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Rift. Will my faction dictate my pvp experience?

Soulwalker

Default New to Rift. Will my faction dictate my pvp experience?

While I wait for my forever download and patch update to finish ive been reading. All ive read thus far is about how on majority of shards the defiant faction out numbers the guardian faction significantly. Does this effect the pvp experience? Such as the rate at which you are able to gear up, or the amount of time you wait in ques?

I hate to pick my faction soley based off of this but at the same time I dont feel like sitting in ques for 20 minutes or getting completely thrashed on a daily basis in any world pvp situations.

Sorry if this is a repeat topic, just easier to get a few responses from the experienced before I make my leap into Rift.

It does indeed impact a lot of things.
    If you're outnumbered badly doing the event invasions (big draw of Rift) will be a nightmare on a PvP server because people will just kill you before you're able to experience them.
    PvP rifts and World PvP: Ditto.
    Queue times: The Defiant have bad queue times in most server groups.

Guardian is basically if you want "Hard Mode" unlocked on PvP server, although I think Briarcliff is actually the other way around.

Most people that PvPed in previous games saw this coming and rolled Guardian because of it.
    Last edited by nacho; 08-12-2011 at 09:44 PM.

dont think of it as being outnumbered.

think of it as a target rich environment

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    It does indeed impact a lot of things.
    If you're outnumbered badly doing the event invasions (big draw of Rift) will be a nightmare on a PvP server because people will just kill you before you're able to experience them.
    PvP rifts and World PvP: Ditto.
    Queue times: The Defiant have bad queue times in most server groups.

Guardian is basically if you want "Hard Mode" unlocked on PvP server, although I think Briarcliff is actually the other way around.

Most people that PvPed in previous games saw this coming and rolled Guardian because of it.
    So why do people complain that faction imbalance results in obtaining pvp gear faster? On the one hand, defiants will dominate most world pvp events and/or rifts but on the other hand, Guardians que times will be significantly faster.

Im going to attempt to pick my faction based off what im genuinly drawn to but its hard to not get caught up in the fear of gimping my pvp experience.

+ Reply to Thread