+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So still no rollbacks/punishments for cheaters.

Default So still no rollbacks/punishments for cheaters.

Clearly then Trion approve of cheating and I should exploit every mechanic possible.

gg
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    Clearly then Trion approve of cheating and I should exploit every mechanic possible.

gg
    Its much better from a business standpoint to just let things like this fade away than to do anything about them right away. Usually when its no longer a big deal they come up with a fix.

Plane Touched

Nothing ever happened to the botters who got rank 6 early or the people who abused mobs in the water at launch to get to 50 in 2-3 days. Trion did 24hr suspensions on botters, why would you think that they would actually drop the hammer on people?

I haven't seen a game make examples of cheaters since EQ1. I remember when whole guilds were banned in that game.

Banned

And there wont be.

So many did it it would be impossible to do anything.

Best thing you could do is when the next exploit happens is everyone take part and then you would have balance.
    Last edited by Notnice; 08-12-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Rift Chaser

Bump for great justice until my sub runs out or the hammer lands, whichever comes first.

Rift Chaser

Yeah. Getting tired of certain players on my realm "miraculously" reaching P8 in less than a week. They've also "miraculously" grown cajones huge enough to start talking trash when you barely ever heard a peep out of them beforehand.

Gonna make sure they enjoy their crow and foot desert when everything they cheated their way gets rolled back.

Yep, it was an entirely different thing for those folks that got shard firsts for prebuying gear they could not use. It at least remained in their inventory back then. The folks that exploited the return policy to get shard firsts by buying the item with their Marks and the current gear, then returned it to buy the next piece, and the next piece, and the next piece - returning each item and getting their Marks/gear back to do so... yep, Trion has not addressed those shard firsts...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread