+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Whoops! Forgot to balance stormcaller!

Rift Master

Default Whoops! Forgot to balance stormcaller!

Sure am loving queueing against all the mage stacked premades mindlessly mashing AoEs.

Firestorms and 1-shotting stormcallers as far as the eye can see!

Good job nerfing cabalist's AoE, too bad you missed a bigger problem. Oh and getting placed against the broken gimmick premades in the first place. That's a problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Sure am loving queueing against all the mage stacked premades mindlessly mashing AoEs.

Firestorms and 1-shotting stormcallers as far as the eye can see!

Good job nerfing cabalist's AoE, too bad you missed a bigger problem. Oh and getting placed against the broken gimmick premades in the first place. That's a problem too.
    You're complaining about a group of organized mages, specced for AoE damage dealing alot of AoE damage? Lol
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    You're complaining about a group of organized mages, specced for AoE damage dealing alot of AoE damage? Lol
    Same complant cabalists got, even from mages. Ironic eh?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    And doing much more damage than a soul that was nerfed for doing the same thing?
    And being much more survivable so they can stand in place and just spam?

Yeah, i'm complaining.

Plane Touched

Stormcallers are nice how they can heal and damage at the same time... oh wait.

Plane Walker

Queues are definitely longer than yesterday and even longer than the warrior nerf fix.
    What queue changes did you guys make, Trion?

Every class has awesome abilities, go find one and hit him with it.

Rift Master

Hahaha, you thought cabs could heal? Not if they wanted to do decent dmg, any hybrid cabs were not complained about, because their dmg was about half. A full dps cab has 1 survival cd on a long timer.

The good news is that Trion is now showing they are willing to hotfix classes for pvp. Everyone duck their heads! INCOMING!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    The good news is that Trion is now showing they are willing to hotfix classes for pvp. Everyone duck their heads! INCOMING!
    Except they buff some instead of nerf, and fail to address the real problem.

Lingering wounds is throwing pvp balance way off.

If you're getting one shot by anything you should probably put on some pvp gear. Not even lightning burst should 1 shot you.

L Burst needs a nerf for sure, but I'm not sure about anything else in SC since its so-called protection is worthless because of all the DRs.
    It's so rare to be able to to sit there and channel the AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Except they buff some instead of nerf, and fail to address the real problem.

Lingering wounds is throwing pvp balance way off.
    It is really one of the few utilities warriors bring to the table, though I have never been a fan of healing reduction talents.

Firestorms and ....
    Stormcallers have a move called "firestorm"? I must be a total McNooblet.

1-shotting stormcallers as far as the eye can see!
    Screeny or it didn't happen. I am the only stormcaller I ever see in my server cluster, Defiant side, and there isn't a regular PVPer on our side I haven't had the opportunity to play with (and if someone fires off a SC buff I recognize it instantly, it's all I play.)

Never mind that I have been trying for months to recruit one of my guildies to spec into SC for some AOE fun.

Noone who I know has been able to PVP as a 50 SC for more than a day or two.

One of my guildies saw a guardian "stormcaller" in a warfront today and started telling me on vent ... I got so excited ... but turns out the "stormcaller" was actually a 51 lock.

I frequently top damage in warfronts, but I always, ALWAYS top "deaths". I'm a "suicide bomber", it fits my playstyle, and I hope they never change it.

If there is a server cluster with a team of stormcallers I will personally attempt to recruit them to Sunrest, it's very lonely over here.
    Last edited by kissmybuns; 08-12-2011 at 11:01 PM.

<Amazonia> Leader - Sunrest Server
    It's only a game ... until you get a piece of Asph.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Odaman View Post
    If you're getting one shot by anything you should probably put on some pvp gear. Not even lightning burst should 1 shot you.
    I have 900 valor and 26% reduced damage from souls. Arctic blast and lightning burst are worse than 1.2 pyro. At least fulminate has a cooldown.
    electrify is applied in AoE something like 30x faster than it can be cleansed, leaving a ton of choices on who to 1-shot if some get panic cleansed. Repeat until rollover.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 08-12-2011 at 11:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast