+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slip away is Trion's way of telling you "Sorry you don't have the dps to solo anyone"

Default Slip away is Trion's way of telling you "Sorry you don't have the dps to solo anyone"

Think about it this way, if Trion provides you with a reset button, then they have to balance the class around needing to use it. That means (just like with paladins) that if you have this ability, you will NOT have the dps to solo a target, and SHOULD NOT have the dps to solo a target, unless you use that ability.

Pretty lazy devs/programming if you ask me. I'd rather not roll a gimp thank you.

Slip Away is Trion's way of telling you that its ok to play poor positionally, because you get a 'get out of jail free' card.
    Pedia < Chronicle > @ Laethys US
    DPS Warrior Gear Spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/43qqmar

Ascendant

page 57 here we come!

all slip away threads:

people that have never played assassins trying to convince people that are playing assassins that what they know is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

I dont like jail. And I like getting out of jail for free over and over. Then taking out your pocket healer while you go on a lolz faceroll rampage til you realize ohh man, Im not catching any healz..

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Leoknife View Post
    I dont like jail. And I like getting out of jail for free over and over. Then taking out your pocket healer while you go on a lolz faceroll rampage til you realize ohh man, Im not catching any healz..
    Yeah man, healers totally don't deserve to play the game like everyone else.
    They exist to just get instant killed and give favor. Like pinatas for everyone with stealth or a charge.
    Oh, except those pesky mage healers. They're tough. Chainmail covered pinatas.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 08-12-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Here's a game that might be more your style:

http://www.classicgamesarcade.com/ga...Hunt-Game.html

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Here's a game that might be more your style:

http://www.classicgamesarcade.com/ga...Hunt-Game.html
    Thanks but you got that one covered already.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Think about it this way, if Trion provides you with a reset button, then they have to balance the class around needing to use it. That means (just like with paladins) that if you have this ability, you will NOT have the dps to solo a target, and SHOULD NOT have the dps to solo a target, unless you use that ability.

Pretty lazy devs/programming if you ask me. I'd rather not roll a gimp thank you.
    Think of rogues as a surgical strike. They don't look for solo kills, they look for opportunities to tilt the battle.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post
    Think of rogues as a surgical strike. They don't look for solo kills, they look for opportunities to tilt the battle.
    Speak for yourself. Whitefall is the most fun when I'm soloing basically every class (except the popular necro/chloro and paragon which i get 3-shotted by)...then again, all could change when my alt hits 50.
    Last edited by Era; 08-12-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    page 57 here we come!

all slip away threads:

people that have never played assassins trying to convince people that are playing assassins that what they know is wrong.

How ironic. Especially coming from a rogue.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    Speak for yourself. Whitefall is the most fun when I'm soloing basically every class (except the popular necro/chloro and paragon which i get 3-shotted by)...then again, all could change when my alt hits 50.
    Yea, that was a little pompous of me to speak for all rogues. I was more kidding than serious.

Rift Disciple

I'll think of you the next time I'm in Whitefall and I kill the stone carrier and return the stone 1 V 3. I usually wait to slip away until after I do all of that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Work View Post
    I'll think of you the next time I'm in Whitefall and I kill the stone carrier and return the stone 1 V 3. I usually wait to slip away until after I do all of that though.
    Cool story except for the part about you killing anybody.

Apply dots.

Works like a bloody charm.

This has been a thing with you for going on... 6 months now?
    Last edited by Satiar; 08-12-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Apply dots.

Works like a bloody charm.

This has been a thing with you for going on... 6 months now?

and the magic dots they are immune by using another rogue power... So its "poof" "magic immune" and "slip away" all at the same time.... and thus a mage or cleric can't DoT.... oh wait thats half the callings... Sorry but the BS flag has been thrown down on that statement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast