+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glutton For Punishment - Gearing Alts

Default Glutton For Punishment - Gearing Alts

I'd like to suggest that mains be able to buy Marks of Retribution and mail them to their alts. This would allow us to start playing our alts without having to go through the slaughterhouse.

Your thoughts?

Ascendant

i would love this, and also BoA faction rewards (and being able to buy for all callings).

but it will never happen in a grind-mo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

I like the idea. I'd also like to see something similar for plaques of achievement.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    I'd like to suggest that mains be able to buy Marks of Retribution and mail them to their alts. This would allow us to start playing our alts without having to go through the slaughterhouse.

Your thoughts?
    I couldn't imagine gearing an alt.

So you can farm on a R8 to help gear the R6?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Your thoughts?
    BOA Marks of Retribution is a fine idea. I'd also suggest that Trion add special items, like new Synergy Crystals, that are BoA and increase prestige gains up to a certain rank. For example, at Prestige Rank 4 you can buy a synergy crystal that increases your Prestige gains up to rank 4 by 10%.

You still have to earn the Prestige to Rank up. For the most part, you're not going to run into any issues with a lack of Favor because of the increased rewards and once again lowered costs until you're in the R6 range...

...so once again, you want to farm for your R6 with your R8?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    You still have to earn the Prestige to Rank up. For the most part, you're not going to run into any issues with a lack of Favor because of the increased rewards and once again lowered costs until you're in the R6 range...

...so once again, you want to farm for your R6 with your R8?
    Well I'm still R6 even though I pvped all weekend; I didn't partake of the pvp rift exploit. I guess that puts me behind the rest of you.

I'd actually given thought to playing my cleric since we are heal starved in my battlegroup. Yea I know heals were gimped but who wouldn't want another geared healer in their wf?

Well I'm still R6 even though I pvped all weekend; I didn't partake of the pvp rift exploit. I guess that puts me behind the rest of you.

I'd actually given thought to playing my cleric since we are heal starved in my battlegroup. Yea I know heals were gimped but who wouldn't want another geared healer in their wf?
    Did you read what I said though?

By the time you hit 50, you'll have the Favor for the R1 pieces (and likely the R2 pieces). By the time you are R2, you'll have the Favor for those pieces. By the time you hit R3, with trading in the old pieces - you'll also have the Favor for them. The same goes with R4.

You generally will not run into not having enough Favor to buy all the pieces until you get into the R6 range.

So what would be the point of farming Marks to gear your lower ranked players...when they would already have the Favor they need for the gear they can use by the time they can use it for most of the trip?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Did you read what I said though?

By the time you hit 50, you'll have the Favor for the R1 pieces (and likely the R2 pieces). By the time you are R2, you'll have the Favor for those pieces. By the time you hit R3, with trading in the old pieces - you'll also have the Favor for them. The same goes with R4.

You generally will not run into not having enough Favor to buy all the pieces until you get into the R6 range.

So what would be the point of farming Marks to gear your lower ranked players...when they would already have the Favor they need for the gear they can use by the time they can use it for most of the trip?
    Yes I read it. I didn't say reroll; I said play an alt. My cleric is already 50 but I've never pvped with him, so he has zero favor. It would be nice to get him some starter gear at least before I go into a WF & get 1 shot by everyone.

Yes I read it. I didn't say reroll; I said play an alt. My cleric is already 50 but I've never pvped with him, so he has zero favor. It would be nice to get him some starter gear at least before I go into a WF & get 1 shot by everyone.
    I'm still trying to process having an alt that you did not take through PvP... sorry. All four of the guys in my sig went through PvP - I have close to a dozen other alts that I play in PvP in the lower brackets.

It literally just never occurred to me to wait to try PvP on a toon until 50. I mean, that is 39 some levels of seeing how to play that toon in PvP that you've missed out on... besides the gearing issues.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I'm still trying to process having an alt that you did not take through PvP... sorry. All four of the guys in my sig went through PvP - I have close to a dozen other alts that I play in PvP in the lower brackets.

It literally just never occurred to me to wait to try PvP on a toon until 50. I mean, that is 39 some levels of seeing how to play that toon in PvP that you've missed out on... besides the gearing issues.
    Agreed; hindsight is 20/20. I was a pve nerd (Jerry Seinfeld: "Not that there's anything wrong with that") when I first started playing the game.

I'm kinda new to the PvP junk, R3 atm. I kinda enjoy being easily killed...sounds insane, but it's teaching me how to play defensively. I figure that might be helpful at later ranks..just saying..
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Your thoughts?
    If you're going to make alts don't be a puzsy about it and rush straight to the 50 meatgrinder.

Anyone with a clue knows the best and most balanced pvp is from 20-49, so only a moron would skip that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    If you're going to make alts don't be a puzsy about it and rush straight to the 50 meatgrinder.

Anyone with a clue knows the best and most balanced pvp is from 20-49, so only a moron would skip that content.
    Deriding & clueless as usual eh Trisian? Call me a moron if it makes you sleep better at night. I could care less. Your ignorance grows exponentially each time you post.
    Last edited by Morituri; 08-12-2011 at 03:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast