+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: +hit affecting PVP, when will it end?!

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default +hit affecting PVP, when will it end?!

    Seriously....

    I'm a rogue. I noticed warriors in particular were getting much harder to kill as I started to get more prestige rank 6 pvp pieces. Lo and behold, it's because my hit rating dropped to near nothing.

    Even with +hit enchants on every possible item, it only gets me to around 75 hit, which after testing, means I'm still missing my hits a good portion of the time.

    This has caused me to have to give up a few of my rank 6 pvp pieces in place of some crappy +hit gear gotten from some T2's....and to be perfectly honest, it's completely taken my drive away to grind up to rank 8. Knowing that wearing a full set of rank 7/8 gear is seriously gimping my DPS in PVP is disheartening to say the least.

    I'm really surprised Trion hasn't fixed this yet, but after more thought, I understand why they might be scared to touch this. If they make is so +hit doesn't affect PVP at all, you might see tank survivability sky rocket upwards, so it must be a balancing act to make sure PVP balance stays the same, while making it so we can wear a full set of PVP gear without being gimped too badly.

    I hope we can keep this thread up near the top of the forums. This is my number one gripe with Rift, and I've been down this path before. I lose interest in the grind, which turns into me playing another game, which eventually leads me to cancelling my sub..which I really don't want to do, because I love playing Rift.

    Please address this devs.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    Seriously....

    I'm a rogue. I noticed warriors in particular were getting much harder to kill as I started to get more prestige rank 6 pvp pieces. Lo and behold, it's because my hit rating dropped to near nothing.

    Even with +hit enchants on every possible item, it only gets me to around 75 hit, which after testing, means I'm still missing my hits a good portion of the time.

    This has caused me to have to give up a few of my rank 6 pvp pieces in place of some crappy +hit gear gotten from some T2's....and to be perfectly honest, it's completely taken my drive away to grind up to rank 8. Knowing that wearing a full set of rank 7/8 gear is seriously gimping my DPS in PVP is disheartening to say the least.

    I'm really surprised Trion hasn't fixed this yet, but after more thought, I understand why they might be scared to touch this. If they make is so +hit doesn't affect PVP at all, you might see tank survivability sky rocket upwards, so it must be a balancing act to make sure PVP balance stays the same, while making it so we can wear a full set of PVP gear without being gimped too badly.

    I hope we can keep this thread up near the top of the forums. This is my number one gripe with Rift, and I've been down this path before. I lose interest in the grind, which turns into me playing another game, which eventually leads me to cancelling my sub..which I really don't want to do, because I love playing Rift.

    Please address this devs.
    Since 1.4 hit I'm getting resists all the time. A couple melee buddies told me that everyone seems to dodge now WAY more than ever before.

    Not sure but I think something is messed up ...

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Since 1.4 hit I'm getting resists all the time. A couple melee buddies told me that everyone seems to dodge now WAY more than ever before.

    Not sure but I think something is messed up ...
    I can confirm +hit affected PVP way before 1.4 though...so I doubt it's linked.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    IIf they make is so +hit doesn't affect PVP at all, you might see tank survivability sky rocket upwards
    Not sure I understand this. If hit didn't affect pvp, then wouldn't they be hit more often thus lowering their survivability?

    For the record, I believe they should either add hit to pvp weapons/accessories or remove hit from affecting pvp.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    I can confirm +hit affected PVP way before 1.4 though...so I doubt it's linked.
    Yeah I know that. But still, since 1.4 it feels way more intense. Having resists all the time, it's getting annoying. Well, I'll just get some focus runes or a pve ring, something like that.
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-12-2011 at 10:24 AM.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elipse View Post
    Not sure I understand this. If hit didn't affect pvp, then wouldn't they be hit more often thus lowering their survivability?

    For the record, I believe they should either add hit to pvp weapons/accessories or remove hit from affecting pvp.
    Well I'll put it this way. With 0 hit, in my testing, I missed a little over 40% of all my attacks to misses/dodges/parries against a well equipped warrior. So, if they made it so you in essence had 0 hit in PVP (even while wearing +hit gear), this would be the effect...lots of missing.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    they don't want to put hit on the pvp weapons because they don't want pvers crying "warfare weapons"

    but they need to think of something...like hit on the synergy instead of health
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    they don't want to put hit on the pvp weapons because they don't want pvers crying "warfare weapons"

    but they need to think of something...like hit on the synergy instead of health
    That's like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. You need to get to the root of the issue, which is that +hit should not effect PVP, plain and simple (thus why there is no hit on PVP gear)

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    That's like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. You need to get to the root of the issue, which is that +hit should not effect PVP, plain and simple (thus why there is no hit on PVP gear)
    no, they don't have +hit on pvp gear so you can't get "welfare epics" for raiding. the dragon-killer QQ would be endless.

    but I agree that there should not be such a huge need for hit in pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    It is true, after being full p6 geared I got sick of resists and decided to give up all my weapon adorns for +13 each and my legs had an existing +18. So that gives me +57 hit. The difference was staggering. Acceptable for me I have found and stuff dies much easier. I still get them but on the average basis going from something like 18 - 57 was huge for results.

    Adding hit to weapons would be bad. They created valor to reduce player damage and have many pvp specific mechanics. They just need to itemize a pvp-hit sort of function and put it on weapons. Can leave it a weapon only stat as well so its not abundant and overpowering to temp buffs like massive stacks of pve gear can do.

    Hit makes quite a difference, though you don't need alot. 30 - 60 start showing noticeable results as 57 has left me unbothered as a MM/Sin main player. We dont want no hit like mechanic otherwise everyone will put up with loads of parry/dodge etc with no remedy possible. The remedy should just be a stat gained higher and higher with the 4 sets of PvP weapons to give you greater chance to hit players and make regular +hit only for PvE mobs so people are not use adornments and gear used to get you deeper into PvE progression to ease the PvP experience.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It is true, after being full p6 geared I got sick of resists and decided to give up all my weapon adorns for +13 each and my legs had an existing +18. So that gives me +57 hit. The difference was staggering. Acceptable for me I have found and stuff dies much easier. I still get them but on the average basis going from something like 18 - 57 was huge for results.

    Adding hit to weapons would be bad. They created valor to reduce player damage and have many pvp specific mechanics. They just need to itemize a pvp-hit sort of function and put it on weapons. Can leave it a weapon only stat as well so its not abundant and overpowering to temp buffs like massive stacks of pve gear can do.

    Hit makes quite a difference, though you don't need alot. 30 - 60 start showing noticeable results as 57 has left me unbothered as a MM/Sin main player. We dont want no hit like mechanic otherwise everyone will put up with loads of parry/dodge etc with no remedy possible. The remedy should just be a stat gained higher and higher with the 4 sets of PvP weapons to give you greater chance to hit players and make regular +hit only for PvE mobs so people are not use adornments and gear used to get you deeper into PvE progression to ease the PvP experience.
    thats not bad for an equip on the weapons: "+30hit rating against players" or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Are parries related to hit? I didn't think that they were...

    And yeah, this hit BS pisses me right the **** off. I can understand missing if someone specced points into increasing dodge chance, but if they dont have dodge talents then I shouldn't ****ing miss them. How the hell does a mage in a robe dance around my attacks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It is true, after being full p6 geared I got sick of resists and decided to give up all my weapon adorns for +13 each and my legs had an existing +18. So that gives me +57 hit. The difference was staggering. Acceptable for me I have found and stuff dies much easier. I still get them but on the average basis going from something like 18 - 57 was huge for results.

    Adding hit to weapons would be bad. They created valor to reduce player damage and have many pvp specific mechanics. They just need to itemize a pvp-hit sort of function and put it on weapons. Can leave it a weapon only stat as well so its not abundant and overpowering to temp buffs like massive stacks of pve gear can do.

    Hit makes quite a difference, though you don't need alot. 30 - 60 start showing noticeable results as 57 has left me unbothered as a MM/Sin main player. We dont want no hit like mechanic otherwise everyone will put up with loads of parry/dodge etc with no remedy possible. The remedy should just be a stat gained higher and higher with the 4 sets of PvP weapons to give you greater chance to hit players and make regular +hit only for PvE mobs so people are not use adornments and gear used to get you deeper into PvE progression to ease the PvP experience.
    I agree with much of what you say here...but you're a bit low on your hit numbers. I needed a minimum of 120 hit in order to hit 100% of the time against a well geared warrior. I'm sure this changes depending on the defenses of the player you're hitting.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Are parries related to hit? I didn't think that they were...

    And yeah, this hit BS pisses me right the **** off. I can understand missing if someone specced points into increasing dodge chance, but if they dont have dodge talents then I shouldn't ****ing miss them. How the hell does a mage in a robe dance around my attacks?
    It's good you're on my side- but please don't use arguments that involve real world physics. They never hold up when it comes to a video game. But yes, hit is currently way broken in PVP. Upgrading your PVP gear should NOT be downgrading your DPS...which it is currently doing. BLAH.

  15. #15
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Are parries related to hit? I didn't think that they were...
    From Ciderhelm: http://ciderhelm.com/?cat=36

    Avoidance

    Avoidance is your chance to completely remove all incoming damage, as well as negative effects associated with an attack. Dodge, Parry, and Chance to be Missed are forms of Avoidance. Here are the conversions (courtesy Radak):

    Dodge is acquired at 0.02369% per 1 Rating.
    Parry is acquired at 0.01618% per 1 Rating.

    In Rift's combat system, avoidance is the first thing that is determined. In other words, a swing can be Dodged before it ever has a chance to be Blocked.

    Dodge and Parry each have hard caps of 20%, though Warriors are unlikely to reach either of these in the gearing process.

    You can Dodge attacks and be Missed by attacks when facing away from an enemy attacking you. You cannot Parry attacks from behind.

    You can Dodge, Parry, and be Missed by Ranged attacks. You can also Dodge, Parry, and be Missed by attacks while mounted.
    You can take a quick look through ZAM to see the various abilities that increase Dodge and Parry.

    Oddly enough, I've parried several things on my Mage who only sports 0.52% parry. Per the usual mess with Trion, the numbers never quite seem to match what is going on...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts