+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: +hit affecting PVP, when will it end?!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    What makes people think that they're never supposed to miss? I don't think it's the devs intention that every attack hits every time.

It's a trade off. Wanna hit all the time, then sacrifice some valor and use items with hit on it. You wanna be as survivable as you can be, then lose the hit and stack as much valor as possible.

Same with the PvP weapons. Want them to do tons of damage when the do hit then put str/dex/int/wis runes on them. Want them to hit more often, then put hit runes on them.
    the problem is really just with warriors as they get better gear. maybe the stats scale too much towards avoidance for pvp for them? but right now, I can't even target warriors as a rogue because I know it will be a miss-fest

not "miss some of the time" but the feeling of "oooo a hit got through, that's awesome"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Telaran

What makes people think that they're never supposed to miss? I don't think it's the devs intention that every attack hits every time.

It's a trade off. Wanna hit all the time, then sacrifice some valor and use items with hit on it. You wanna be as survivable as you can be, then lose the hit and stack as much valor as possible.

Same with the PvP weapons. Want them to do tons of damage when the do hit then put str/dex/int/wis runes on them. Want them to hit more often, then put hit runes on them.
    You're not understanding the issue here. I'm not complaining that we shouldn't miss against warriors, I'm complaining that upgrading my PVP gear shouldn't cause me to LOSE DPS.

The devs need to make it so hit doesn't effect PVP, so that upgrading your PVP gear is actually an UPGRADE. They can balance it so dodge/parry/block still works appropriately in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    You're not understanding the issue here. I'm not complaining that we shouldn't miss against warriors, I'm complaining that upgrading my PVP gear shouldn't cause me to LOSE DPS.

The devs need to make it so hit doesn't effect PVP, so that upgrading your PVP gear is actually an UPGRADE. They can balance it so dodge/parry/block still works appropriately in PVP.
    Then put hit/focus runes on them. That will net you +39 hit/focus to start with. It's better than nothing.

Also, there are souls in each calling that gives bonuses to +hit/focus, you can use those.

The best solution I can think of is to put a +hit/focus talent in each PvP soul, and the problem would be solved. That way it would also make the PvP souls more attractive than they currently are.

Can't we come up with solutions to the game's problems that don't demand nerfs to things players have played hard to get?

Seriously, we should be able to find better ways to fix problems in the game besides constantly calling for nerfs that screw our fellow players over.
    Last edited by -Shiva-; 08-15-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sourdiesel22 View Post
    So here I am just hit rank 8 got every single piece of 7-8 on sitting at a godly 940AP 1100CRIT 1HIT thinking I'm about to destroy the next warfront I join, boy was I very wrong lol. Sure I already knew how bad hit mattered in pvp since I been running with 100 hit since p4 so I been spoiled this whole time by my relic bow and RoS dagger. I barely "hit" anyone that dam warfront, so now I have to use my 33dps dagger as an offhand and gp ring also losing valor just to hit anyone. What a fail game.. I did destroy the next warfront tho 50-100hit is vital for pvp performance imo.
    It sucks when a warrior parries all your gun/bow shots like a Jedi
    Hit its now your friend in pvp. Go figure.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Telaran

Then put hit/focus runes on them. That will net you +39 hit/focus to start with. It's better than nothing.

Also, there are souls in each calling that gives bonuses to +hit/focus, you can use those.

The best solution I can think of is to put a +hit/focus talent in each PvP soul, and the problem would be solved. That way it would also make the PvP souls more attractive than they currently are.

Can't we come up with solutions to the game's problems that don't demand nerfs to things players have played hard to get?

Seriously, we should be able to find better ways to fix problems in the game besides constantly calling for nerfs that screw our fellow players over.

That's not a bad solution you proposed. But what am I asking for to be nerfed? Saying +hit shouldnt' affect PVP isn't asking the devs to nerf something.

That's not a bad solution you proposed. But what am I asking for to be nerfed? Saying +hit shouldnt' affect PVP isn't asking the devs to nerf something.
    Yes it is, it's making +hit/focus weapons less effective. If somebody raids and PvPs then their gear should be better than a pure PvPer, or a pure PvEer, and right now it is.

The way things currently stand, if a PvE player starts warfronts and they have good weapons they at least stand a bit of a chance to damage a maxed out PvP killer. Same with PvP armour in raids, PvPers will be more likely to raid if they can partially gear up doing something they enjoy, ie grinding warfronts for armour instead of T2s.

Having a small amount of overlap is a good thing. It allows for players sitting on the fence to try new things, which in turn gives raiders/PvPers a bigger pool of talent to draw from.

For example:
    I have a friend I met in guild who is in my raid group. He wasn't interested in PvP at all because he'd heard the usual horror stories. I told him, given the fact he's almost ready to start raiding HK, that he would do just fine. Sure he'd die a lot, but given his gear, he'd be dishing out a fair amout of pain as well...

Well guess what? It went exactly how I predicted. He dies a lot, but he also wrecks people before he goes down. Given just this small taste of success, he's now the biggest WF/PvP rift junky going around, because he knows as he gets more PvP gear, he's just going to get better and better.

And after listening to the two of us talk in vent about WFs before GSB this week, we had another 3 of our PvE raiders join us for PvP afterwards, and now they are hooked as well. So that's 4 extra players joining the queues that normally never would have.

PvEers are more likely to try PvP if they have a chance to compete. Tell them that the gear they worked so hard to get will no longer be any good in PvP, and they aren't going to bother. Same with PvPers who raid in PvP gear.

These type of situations is what the pvp soul should address.

I mean quite a bit of the general mechanics in pvp such as hit rate, could be addressed in the designated pvp soul.

Why that isn't the case is a very big mystery.

Shadowlander

Having Hit affect PVP makes souls that are built around dodge and parry for their survival redundant (paragon and bladedancer springs to mind).
    Remove hit affecting pvp and these souls could be played as they were meant to be played and not as sidebuffers for other souls.

Shield of Telara

Stop crying about hit and go get some hit runes or talents.

Honestly, +hit is so easy to come by with runes and talents or ONE piece of T2 plaque gear (gloves), it is not nearly the big deal everyone is making it out to be.

From just runes you can get 75 hit, 3 weapons @13 each and head/legs 18 each.

Then you can use talents to pick up more for most builds.

Using just the T2 gloves gives around 30 hit.

You guys want this game to be so generic, you cry over having to go to any extra measure in balancing your characters stats. This is how we got stuck with needing hit and valor in the game in the first place. "qq, pvp gear is too easy". "qq pve gear is too good in pvp". What do you really want? Gear that can't even be equipped outside of where it was obtained? You want mitigation builds to have no counter in pvp? You want mitigation builds to be completely useless in pvp? (Lol for warriors on that one).

The current system works fine, just quit being cheap/lazy/ or wanting free stats.

Leave as is or add some tiny amount of hit to pvp weapons and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Telaran

Also,there are souls in each calling that gives bonuses to +hit/focus, you can use those.

hmmm, i know that Paladins get hit +45, Bladedancers get Hit +25 and mages get ??? is it storm caller and the 10% gain to focus of water??? As far as I know, Clerics dont get squat for any focus boost.

Plane Touched

Why are PvE people crying about the PvP armor? Your full PvE set is still better than a full PvP set even with the synergy bonus. PvPers can't even begin to compare their weapons to what PvE can get either. You work as a group in PvE, don't forget that, whereas in PvP you're gearing up to protect yourself, not your friends.

PvE trash drop staff:
    Int 74
    Wis 44
    End 30
    Sp 667
    Sc 35
    Focus 101

PvP best staff:
    Int 61
    Wis 42
    End 41
    Sp 692
    Sc 45

The PvP staff will hit slightly harder, yet the PvE staff is still better, especially if you get the relic version which probably has +80 more spell power easily. This is being pretty generous towards the differences in PvP/PvE gear to. You don't even want me to mention the difference between rank 6 PvP weapon and its counterpart relic from alsbeth, they don't even compare, as these new weapons won't either. This isn't even mentioning the damage proc from PvE relics either.

And just to emphasize this some more, in PvE you are there to help better the raid. I know not all of the synergy crystals are badass, but some of them do more for your team than 200 spell power will do for you. (6% increased raid damage for everyone from stormcaller anyone?)

i am actually on the other side of the fence on this one.
    i want +hit to not work in pvp.... because i WANT more resists and more dodges and blocks and parry.

makes no sense I spec 30 points in a tank tree and am a pvp rank 7 tank who gets steamrolled by a rogue in gs armor and hammerknell weapons... because i dont block or parry.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

I noticed the exact same thing. I've lost hit to gain valor but at some point I may make some changes. The game allows us to equip what we want & there are +hit pieces & runes out there so I can't really complain.

I just hit rank 8. Never noticed resists before in pvp as I always had relic weapons, but it was extremely noticeable with 0 focus. Was getting resisted about 30% of the time. I think its pretty absurd that you can be in full rank 8 gear and miss/resist 30% of the time.

Hit/Focus should have no bearing in PvP. Its one thing if someone is stacking dodge or resists, it is another completely to have to be dependent on a PvE stat to function properly in PvP.

Default How about blocking and dodging bleeds ?

Seriously....

I'm a rogue. I noticed warriors in particular were getting much harder to kill as I started to get more prestige rank 6 pvp pieces. Lo and behold, it's because my hit rating dropped to near nothing.

Even with +hit enchants on every possible item, it only gets me to around 75 hit, which after testing, means I'm still missing my hits a good portion of the time.

This has caused me to have to give up a few of my rank 6 pvp pieces in place of some crappy +hit gear gotten from some T2's....and to be perfectly honest, it's completely taken my drive away to grind up to rank 8. Knowing that wearing a full set of rank 7/8 gear is seriously gimping my DPS in PVP is disheartening to say the least.

I'm really surprised Trion hasn't fixed this yet, but after more thought, I understand why they might be scared to touch this. If they make is so +hit doesn't affect PVP at all, you might see tank survivability sky rocket upwards, so it must be a balancing act to make sure PVP balance stays the same, while making it so we can wear a full set of PVP gear without being gimped too badly.

I hope we can keep this thread up near the top of the forums. This is my number one gripe with Rift, and I've been down this path before. I lose interest in the grind, which turns into me playing another game, which eventually leads me to cancelling my sub..which I really don't want to do, because I love playing Rift.

Please address this devs.
    Its one thing to be dodged blocked or parried on an attack. wtf is up with this happening on my bleeds. And its not just a little, its like 90% of the bleed damage. Who has that much block for one. And how exactly do you dodge or block a bleed ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast