+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: +hit affecting PVP, when will it end?!

Focus not only reduces chance to outright resist a spell, it also pierces resists of your target in PvP making you do more damage.

Pretty pointless to get resists (which aren't given out like candy) when every PvE staff got lots of focus.

The reason I thought of giving PvP weapons a unique hit stat was so to not undermine warriors or other classes whose part of their main defense and bread and butter is ability to dodge and parry and such. I understand lots of people get more benefit from stacking hit at a certain point in PvP but, the fact that PvE gear provides enough to surpass many temps or completely blow past someones base stats with the gear seems extreme. Which is why if it was itemized for PvP hit on only PvP weapons, they could keep it the stat in control and in check much better.

I just don't feel like it was their intention for the loot that gives you 200+ hit to also function in PvP as a stat that can pretty much penetrate any parry/dodge stat.

As for the people who say it doesn't have an effect in PvP...I don't have parses to support this. But I am quite certain because I played at ~3% hit acc for a while and ya, moving it up to 12% was huge. Which my speculation was having 12% + 3% from my MM spec I can probably negate base dodges but temps and special abilities still work against me. Which I feel is how they want classes to be....geared players should land hits easier, but if only kept on weapons they can keep it so that you can't gather so much hit-esque stat to blow through base stats, powerful passives and temps.

And I agree with what lots of people have said, to be good in PvP, you can get all you need from PvP merchants, including all your stats, except +hit, but the fact it is highly suggested to find yourself some for PvP I feel boldens my point. PvP weapons have no PvP related stat, this could be the avenue to keep control on how much hit sinking can be done while not allowing players to get so much +player hit that they can blow through powerful temps easier. Like I imagine someone with an insane amount of hit in a WF would sink a rogue with the +50% dodge chance temp. That should always be useful for PvP, not useful only against people who don't have a **** ton of hit.

I don't think they want us running around with 0% chance extra to hit, but I don't think they wanted us rolling around in PvP with the amount of +hit PvE gear nor did they forsee stat progression would lead to +hit being worth a couple sacrifices for PvP play. If weapons used it would be simple, 4 progressive steps atm would be in place of getting your hit in pvp better and a p8 player will land hits the easiest, which makes complete sense progression wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    I used to use a wand with 35hit, swapping to the pvp wand put me at 0.
    Might be why some of you are noticing it now.
    At 0 focus, resisted quite often.

With 35 focus, never resisted.

Can you please just give us a base +hit/focus would be a simple fix.
    Aye it is much easier with magical damage since gear doesn't increase base chances to resist magical damage types unlike gear that increases base stats like dodge and parry for melee attacks. Like just with my world event/merchant essences I only pack ~2 - 4% chance at best to resist magical types. when I had +18 hit that was giving me ~2.6% chance to increase hit. So I imagine 20 - 35 focus would cover it for mostly everyone, which is my only concern about making a unique pvp hit stat. Hit has a way bigger impact on melee experience in pvp than focus does just because of how mechanics and stat availability is. Although it could be less of a concern though if itemized +focus for PvP weapons, with no itemized resist magic casters really wouldn't need more than what you mentioned to pretty much never resist anyone.

Telaran

The main issue here is you lose DPS when you "upgrade" your PVP gear, and you get more and more pieces.

This should not be the case. I don't care how it's fixed, but I'd like to see DPS increases when I spend my hours grinding PVP for the PVP pieces.

Soulwalker

If hit/focus is an important part to pvp why not adding hit/focus to pvp gear also? Smart devs. separate pve from pvp, why do we have to grind to r6-r8 for the dps weapons that have no hit on them since from what i see lately my spells miss alot in pvp being a r7 cleric. Why do we have to farm pve content for pvp if u added npcs with pvp stuff, that makes no logic to me tbh. Miss miss miss alot lately in pvp and it's really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    Well I'll put it this way. With 0 hit, in my testing, I missed a little over 40% of all my attacks to misses/dodges/parries against a well equipped warrior. So, if they made it so you in essence had 0 hit in PVP (even while wearing +hit gear), this would be the effect...lots of missing.
    TBH I have maybe 20-80 hit in my PVP gear. ... Im not missing or nothign like that. If i get rid of my hit i dont miss either.
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vigour View Post
    TBH I have maybe 20-80 hit in my PVP gear. ... Im not missing or nothign like that. If i get rid of my hit i dont miss either.
    You need to re-test than. Against a mage it's not much of an issue at all. But against a well geared warrior (especially tank specced), you're going to need 120 hit or higher to make it so you don't miss against him at all.

I tested this in multiple spars with statistics to back it up. Try it yourself. Go spar a tank warrior that has at least prestige 3 level gear, take off all your hit gear..and see how many times you get dodged/parried/etc. Then put on 130 hit or so and see then.

Ascendant

Go raid the first two bosses of DH and GP. They're piss-easy and only require 10 people (actually, they only require like 8 people if you know what you're doing), and they drop weapons with +hit/focus. Problem solved.

Don't like it? Neither do PvE-only players who have to grind Unseen/Eye and Codex rep for boot runes and DPS trinkets, and R6+ gear and synergy crystals for the stat bonuses over PvE gear.

You want to be the best at what you do in this game, you need to participate in all aspects of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Go raid the first two bosses of DH and GP. They're piss-easy and only require 10 people (actually, they only require like 8 people if you know what you're doing), and they drop weapons with +hit/focus. Problem solved.

Don't like it? Neither do PvE-only players who have to grind Unseen/Eye and Codex rep for boot runes and DPS trinkets, and R6+ gear and synergy crystals for the stat bonuses over PvE gear.

You want to be the best at what you do in this game, you need to participate in all aspects of the game.
    This is not a good counter argument. It's like saying it's OK since it's broken for both sides. PVE players should not have to PVP and vice versa. That doesn't mean it's right, or how it should be. In addition, you're still not going to completely negate missing with +hit weapons from those instances, you'd still need to give up DPS by using additional runes/enchants.

Ascendant

i haven't bothered grinding the dragon brotherhood whoever they are "farm CC" rep because I cannot afford to replace hit on my legs, as its my only hit rating.

i don't even bother targeting warriors anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post

Also, the p8 weapons are a lot higher dps than the weapons off those two bosses...so the long pvp grind to rank 8 is almost pointless if you can't use the higher dps weapons and have to use the +hit weapons from those two pve instances.

So here I am just hit rank 8 got every single piece of 7-8 on sitting at a godly 940AP 1100CRIT 1HIT thinking I'm about to destroy the next warfront I join, boy was I very wrong lol. Sure I already knew how bad hit mattered in pvp since I been running with 100 hit since p4 so I been spoiled this whole time by my relic bow and RoS dagger. I barely "hit" anyone that dam warfront, so now I have to use my 33dps dagger as an offhand and gp ring also losing valor just to hit anyone. What a fail game.. I did destroy the next warfront tho 50-100hit is vital for pvp performance imo.

I haven't noticed any change since 1.4 in Rank4/5 gear, but then I'm not insane enough to attack tank warriors...I let the mages handle them.
    Even free cost too much now

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sourdiesel22 View Post
    So here I am just hit rank 8 got every single piece of 7-8 on sitting at a godly 940AP 1100CRIT 1HIT thinking I'm about to destroy the next warfront I join, boy was I very wrong lol. Sure I already knew how bad hit mattered in pvp since I been running with 100 hit since p4 so I been spoiled this whole time by my relic bow and RoS dagger. I barely "hit" anyone that dam warfront, so now I have to use my 33dps dagger as an offhand and gp ring also losing valor just to hit anyone. What a fail game.. I did destroy the next warfront tho 50-100hit is vital for pvp performance imo.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Long PVP grind, upgraded your gear..and blam, your DPS drops.

This should NOT be happening. How long is it going to take Trion to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    You need to re-test than. Against a mage it's not much of an issue at all. But against a well geared warrior (especially tank specced), you're going to need 120 hit or higher to make it so you don't miss against him at all.

I tested this in multiple spars with statistics to back it up. Try it yourself. Go spar a tank warrior that has at least prestige 3 level gear, take off all your hit gear..and see how many times you get dodged/parried/etc. Then put on 130 hit or so and see then.
    What makes people think that they're never supposed to miss? I don't think it's the devs intention that every attack hits every time.

It's a trade off. Wanna hit all the time, then sacrifice some valor and use items with hit on it. You wanna be as survivable as you can be, then lose the hit and stack as much valor as possible.

Same with the PvP weapons. Want them to do tons of damage when the do hit then put str/dex/int/wis runes on them. Want them to hit more often, then put hit runes on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast