+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stat Boosts for lower ranks in Warfronts - Solution to WF slaughtering

Shadowlander

Default Stat Boosts for lower ranks in Warfronts - Solution to WF slaughtering

One solution to the whole "r1's getting slaughtered by r8's" problem would be to simply give stat boosts to the lower ranks depending on their rank.

Rank 1's would receive a huge stat boost
    Rank 2's would receive a slightly less huge stat boost
    Rank 3's would receive a large stat boost
    etc.

This is the same thing they do in the lower level warfronts, but it depends on level instead of rank. This is why the warfronts at the lower levels are fun, you feel competitive all of the time.

They could make the boosts so that at rank 8 you still have an edge over a rank 1 with stat boosts to appease the high realm rank people and to give some incentive to get high rank, but still make it so that the rank 1s can compete with the rank 8s. Also, none of this would change open world pvp of course.

This would solve all of the queue time issues and people not being able to group with their friends that has been brought up by the breaking up warfronts by rank solution.

Rank 1's aren't supposed to be able to compete with rank 8's.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    You're right, low ranks should just stay at their spawn and do nothing. Very exciting if you ask me.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    I disagree. If they are to be put in a warfront together, they should be able to compete with those in the warfront. More FUN for the r1 since the r1 doesn't get slaughtered and more fun for the r8 since the r8 has some competition. Face stomping gets boring fast.

Once again, this wouldn't affect world pvp.

Rank 1 - Passive 450 Valor, max Valor allowed to be gained is passively, unless surpassed by gear. For example. No valor gear, 400 Valor. 200 valor worth of gear, 200 passive. 500 Valor worth of gear, 0 Passive.

Rank 2 - Passive 350 Valor, max Valor allowed to be gained is passively, unless surpassed by gear. For example. No valor gear, 300 valor. 200 valor worth of gear, 100 passive. 500 Valor worth of gear, 0 Passive.

Rank 3 - Passive 250 Valor, max Valor allowed to be gained is passively, unless surpassed by gear. For example. no valor gear, 250 valor. 200 valor worth of gear, 150 passive. 500 Valor worth of gear, 0 passive.

Rank 4 - Passive 200 Valor

Rank 5 - Passive 100 Valor

Rank 6 - Normal base valor.

This way, it gives them the short term boost to compensate for being undergeared, up until the point where they get the gear.

And let's face it. A dude running around with only 450 valor is gonna get blown up quickly anyways, but atleast he has a chance to atleast do SOMETHING before he dies.
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 08-12-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Rank 1 - Passive 450 Valor, max Valor allowed to be gained is passively, unless surpassed by gear. For example. No valor gear, 400 Valor. 200 valor worth of gear, 200 passive. 500 Valor worth of gear, 0 Passive.

Rank 2 - Passive 350 Valor, max Valor allowed to be gained is passively, unless surpassed by gear. For example. No valor gear, 300 valor. 200 valor worth of gear, 100 passive. 500 Valor worth of gear, 0 Passive.

Rank 3 - Passive 250 Valor, max Valor allowed to be gained is passively, unless surpassed by gear. For example. no valor gear, 250 valor. 200 valor worth of gear, 150 passive. 500 Valor worth of gear, 0 passive.

This way, it gives them the short term boost to compensate for being undergeared, up until the point where they get the gear.

And let's face it. A dude running around with only 450 valor is gonna get blown up quickly anyways, but atleast he has a chance to atleast do SOMETHING before he dies.

I'd be down for even more extreme boosts... stat boosts along with valor boosts to actually put them up to a competitive level. While your suggestions are in the right direction, I'd like to see them actually be at a point where they can contribute to the game while still having the higher ranks have an advantage (Think level 40 vs level 49 type scaling in WF's). WF's should be about creating a fun competitive environment, not a mycharacterisbetterthanyoursandIwillstompyougame.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarrio View Post
    I'd be down for even more extreme boosts... stat boosts along with valor boosts to actually put them up to a competitive level. While your suggestions are in the right direction, I'd like to see them actually be at a point where they can contribute to the game while still having the higher ranks have an advantage (Think level 40 vs level 49 type scaling in WF's). WF's should be about creating a fun competitive environment, not a mycharacterisbetterthanyoursandIwillstompyougame.
    Then you're playing the wrong genre. Some of these Rank 6's spent weeks to get there. That's if you were in a premade winning consistently. Others, who I have more respect for, solo-queued lost their way up and it took them a month and some change.
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

Shadowlander

Then you're playing the wrong genre. Some of these Rank 6's spent weeks to get there. That's if you were in a premade winning consistently. Others, who I have more respect for, solo-queued lost their way up and it took them a month and some change.
    Those people would still have an advantage, just not a huge one like they do now in order for the game to be fun for both sides of the fence.

Also, I do not think I am playing the wrong genre. DAoC was this genre and never had huge gear imbalances (least pre-TOA, and after wasn't all that huge either) along with other MMOs out there. How a game in this genre is built can vary widely. Perhaps I am playing the wrong game though.

If this were every implemented, there should be no bonus stats just lots of valor or health.

Low ranked players just need to survive longer than they do, not be competitive with high ranked players.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    If this were every implemented, there should be no bonus stats just lots of valor or health.

Low ranked players just need to survive longer than they do, not be competitive with high ranked players.
    As a level 47 who is kind of dreading making 50, I wouldn't really mind doing less damage, but surviving a couple of hits would be nice.
    Last edited by Agares; 08-12-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    Durian <Plague> - Sunrest

Rift Chaser

Awesome idea.

We should also make the change for PvE

If you have zero focus/hit, you should get a free 200 hit/focus.
    If you have 50, then you get capped at a free 150, etc...until you have the gear necessary to get you to 200 hit/focus so you can raid.

Furthermore, all new 50's should get a damage/healing boost to all abilities.

If you gear is below T1, you get a 50% boost.
    If you gear is below T2, you get a 30% boost.
    If you gear is below T3, you get a 15% boost.

This way, we can keep all players competitive in PvE environments, and not allow those that have worked to get T1/T2/T3 gear have too much of an advantage when it comes to PvE.

It's just frustrating that a person who just turns 50 can't being doing top end raid content now without grinding for better gear.

EDIT: They should also scale raid encounters.

If you enter a 20 man raid instance with only 18 people, everyone gets a 20% buff to all stats and damages/heals/health to compensate.
    If you enter a 20 man raid instance with only 10 people, everyone gets a 150% buff.
    If you enter a 20 man raid instance by yourself, you're buffed 5,000% so that you can be competive in a 20 man raid environment.

I think it's just bad design that a fresh 50, entering a 20 man raid instance, will get one-shotted by the first mob without any help. We need to make sure that all content scales so that no one is at a disadvantage.

I'm currently working on a way to buff characters from level 1-49 so that regardless of their level, they can be competitive in top end raids, too. Just because you're level 5, doesn't mean you shouldn't be out DPS'd by a level 50 in full raid gear.
    Last edited by ironzerg; 08-12-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironzerg View Post
    Awesome idea.

If you have 50, then you get capped at a free 150, etc...until you have the gear necessary to get you to 200 hit/focus so you can raid.

This way, we can keep all players competitive in PvE environments, and not allow those that have worked to get T1/T2/T3 gear have too much of an advantage when it comes to PvE.

It's just frustrating that a person who just turns 50 can't being doing top end raid content now without grinding for better gear.
    Your sarcasm is noted.

That said, he did mention only valor. Valor would help them live longer, and nothing else. Sarcastically comparing valor with focus/hit and a damage bonus is apples vs oranges, and a bit silly.
    [Server] Faeblight

Awesome idea.

So you prefer the solution that people are blowing up R1s/R2s before they can do anything? Do you know how many poor low-valor clothies I have insta-gibbed within the duration of Charge stun? They literally, didn't have time to do [I]anything[I]. Or I just happened to be walking by with 3 AP in a WF, saw a nooby looking helmet, and just shanked him for a 2k+ Reaping Harvest crit and went along my way without a second though?

Yeah. Ideally, time=effort=reward. But as it currently stands, low-valor players need some love. I'm not saying they should be able to make R8 sweat. But god forbid they live long enough to try some things out before they inevitably melt.

People complain about bad pugs in WFs. Maybe because they didn't actually get to learn to play their class in a level 50 PvP context because they never had the time to fire off an ability when it mattered. They just graveyarded their way up.
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 08-12-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

Ideally, time=effort=reward. But as it currently stands, low-valor players need some love. I'm not saying they should be able to make R8 sweat. But god forbid they live long enough to try some things out before they inevitably melt.

People complain about bad pugs in WFs. Maybe because they didn't actually get to learn to play their class in a level 50 PvP context because they never had the time to fire off an ability when it mattered. They just graveyarded their way up.
    Absolutely.

Really, this is all the lower bracket level boost does too. Gives the 42 in the 40-49 bracket a chance to play a little, before spending their requisite amount of time in the graveyard.
    [Server] Faeblight

Shadowlander

Awesome idea.

EDIT: They should also scale raid encounters.

If you enter a 20 man raid instance with only 18 people, everyone gets a 20% buff to all stats and damages/heals/health to compensate.
    If you enter a 20 man raid instance with only 10 people, everyone gets a 150% buff.
    If you enter a 20 man raid instance by yourself, you're buffed 5,000% so that you can be competive in a 20 man raid environment.

I think it's just bad design that a fresh 50, entering a 20 man raid instance, will get one-shotted by the first mob without any help. We need to make sure that all content scales so that no one is at a disadvantage.

I'm currently working on a way to buff characters from level 1-49 so that regardless of their level, they can be competitive in top end raids, too. Just because you're level 5, doesn't mean you shouldn't be out DPS'd by a level 50 in full raid gear.
    Funny. I actually laughed out loud.

The difference is that PVE is separated already. There are t1's/t2's/etc. that people can work their way up from.

What we currently have in PVP would be similar to taking away t1's/t2's, putting all the fresh 50s into t3 raids and saying HAVE FUN! GL!

The alternative would be what has been mentioned by many others, separate the WF's by rank similar to separating PVE tiers. Unfortunately this has many disadvantages (can't play with friends that are lower tier, long queue times, etc.)

Personally, I am fine with either, but I think SOMETHING needs to be done and I think this would be a good alternative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast