+ Reply to Thread

Thread: partial solution to a few problems

Rift Disciple

Default partial solution to a few problems

let identify the problems in WFs.

people want different tiered warfronts because of differences in valor. (i just think they don't want to put in the work, but ok)

people don't like going against 'premades'. (i think they should make some friends, but ok)

people don't like clerics that don't heal (i think they should play a healer, make healer friends, or L2P, but ok)

i think i can help fix all three do a certain degree and make Trion happy too.

simply increase the time between when you get in a WF from when it starts from 1 min to 3 min.

Trion should be happy because we just increased the length of time for WFs and you have to play slightly longer, (pay longer) for the same valor.

if you want you can hotkey some vent info and have 3 min to get everyone into vent to help make your own 'premade'. before long with the info in place, switching vents should be easy. it should be especially helpful in long Port Scion events and help equalize play. (i actually think the Rift should have an in game voice mechanic, but you can't get it all) sure it will be messy to begin with, but over time it is a better solution than whining about premades a year from now.

you have 3 min instead of a min or less, to change your spec and buff back up. if the clerics don't heal or if there aren't any clerics; you can go bard, go chloro, whatever and be back ready to play by the time the WF starts. heck you even have an extra 2 min to beg the cleric to heal. (or inspect him and realize the rank 6 cleric with the big stick might be better DPS than the rank 2 rogue who should be playing bard)

this addresses the valor discrepance a bit more delicately. ya, i am rank 6 but prob better known to the other team that my own, and i don't remember anyone i pug with. so, it gives you time to inspect players and see who is gonna be geared, who can use the cool down buffs and heals, and who had better be in range for AoE heals because they are just gonna be fodder anyway.

as an example last night i qued solo and the group had a few tanks. normally i just randomly put orbs up on people and they get what they get. for some reason i popped a quick inspect on them and saw one had the rank 3 neck and the other the rank 6. the rank 6 got the orbs. best bang for the buck. is the rank 3 gonna die? prob. but would he still die if he had gotten the lucky orb cast? prob. should he be happy if he wins a total higher percentage of WFs and dies an extra time or two doing it? Yes

TA DA. 3) profit

You're insane. The one minute feels too long on its own sometimes.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Rift Disciple

well, i forgot to add it would give me some time to get another beer. and sometimes i need that.

Rift Disciple

You made it clear in your first couple lines that you don't feel the problem is with the game but with the players.

This solution will solve nothing.

Rift Disciple

that really doesn't make any sense to me.

i can't change the players, so the only option is to change the game.

what you sound like is a welfare recipient who when he gets an increase in his check is unhappy that i don't respect him too.

Rift Disciple

bump for the nite crowd

Meh I've got time to waste at the moment, i'll bite...

As a earlier poster pointed out you seem to have more of an issue with the playerbase rather than the game itself and I agree that this solution wouldn't work. Even from your statements it seems as if it wouldn't work. Reasons being that from what i'm gathering from your statements the players are lazy, don't want to put in any effort, have no friends, and don't know how to play. An extra 2 minutes added on top of the 1 minute preparation time wouldn't fix it, but instead just extend the wait for these players and like in one of your posts within this thread just give people a reason to get up and grab a beverage,use the restroom, pet their pet, or whatever they feel they can do within three minutes.

For the valor issue that people bring up. You're viewing one side of it rather than the whole. The reason people have asked for a tiered warfront based on rank isn't because they don't want to put in the "work", but rather that they'd like a fighting chance. It doesn't even have to be tiered as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, but rather it could be valor/rank ranges such as 1-3,4-6-,7-8. There are numerous cases in which one side can and has one soley because one team had a massive advantage in valor compared to the other. Does it happen all the time?no, but it happens often enough that it is a significant problem for fresh 50s and or low ranking players. 3 minutes of looking through and inspecting your own team won't help that other than picking people out and hence as in your example just expressing how people starting out are often just fodder. Valor can and does make a difference if that gap is large enough(which in enough cases it has been).

(Note: I'd prefer it be done by rank, because if done by amount of valor I can imagine that some would try to work around the valor count by placing gear on with little to no valor. Unless once in said WF they are not allowed to equip gear that would put them above X amount of valor...)

In regards to people switching specs to suite the "needs" of the team. I'm all for people playing whatever they want to in a WF and I love to see when they adjust and switch roles to accommodate lack of dps/healing/support/switchtousewhateverspellthatmighthelpus, but if you have a person is dead set on playing a certain way 3 minutes won't budge them.

I'll just leave it at that. Thank you for your suggestion though, but I don't think this would be a good way of handling any of the issues you've brought up.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Rift Disciple

90% of people who play rift are horrible at it - that's the problem.
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

+ Reply to Thread