+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Just throwing it out there... concerning warriors and healers

Soulwalker

Default Just throwing it out there... concerning warriors and healers

Warriors have incredible natural synergy with healers. The Warrior charges in (in gear of high armour and generally a lot of HP - so relatively not squishy), puts out nice damage and doesn't die easily because the healer keeps the " generally higher than leather/cloth survivability" DPS machine alive while lots of people wail on him. So the natural logical solution is, stop the healer and then stop the warrior before the warrior kills us all. However you run to that healer, and low and behold, can't kill him because he doesn't have to sit there and cast a 2 second heal to fill most of his HP bar (with %reduced healing from a debuff he mystically heals while running away from you with instant heals with freedom to move).

Warriors, which are largely more dependent on the healer synergy than other classes, would suitably be indirectly nerfed, and healing classes would require skill to play if the following changes are made.

Healing should be fixed by forcing casters to use a cast bar, ie the more instant the heal the much smaller (much much much much much smaller) the amount healed. For the HoT casters, HoTs should be weak but stackable to be strong, where quite a few stacks would be needed to reach significant tics, but the larger the stacks the more mana required to maintain the stacks (ie only a fully HoT'ed warrior will survive with approximately 3 or 4 DPSers on him - dependant on gear of course). Along with this, greatly reduce the amount of mana pvp gear gives healing classes, and greatly increase the amount of mana that pve gear gives. These things will increase the amount of skill required to play a healer in a WF (who cares about 1v1 balance in team orientated WFs) - Which would indirectly lead to nerfs for classes which rely on healers such was warriors, as they can no longer charge in and wreck for as long while their healer is being attacked by a dps.

Its either that or, give more classes silences of approximately 4 seconds, which doesn't require an interruption, which wont affect physical abilities.

Ascendant

You are clueless about healing. My heals that actually do the job of keeping people alive are castable and use a cast bar. The exception is one heal that is on an 8s cool down, but it is about 1/5th a bar of an average warrior's pool.

The insta heals with no cool down are all tiny, and mostly hot related. Sure a warden can 4 stack a warrior with the 30% nerfed Streams BUT it takes 4 gcds to stack them. Any heal that actually saves someone involves burning cool downs or sitting through a 2/3s cast spell.

Seriously stop crying for healing nerfs because you are bad, it has already happened.
    Last edited by Covenn; 08-12-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    Irony - Pathiss

Soulwalker

Why is it that it takes more than 2 or 3 dps to take down a healer then?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGermans View Post
    Stop being bad, low ranked dps.

The dps are bad if it takes more than 2.

Ascendant

Either a large gear imbalance ... bad players ...or a combination of both.

There are times I can face tank 5 people because they are all low ranked, nobody bother stripping hots off of me, and/or applying heal debuffs and CC. Its is almost comical because 2 high ranked warriors can turn me into a fine red mist in under 10s THROUGH my cool downs.
    Irony - Pathiss

Prophet of Telara

Why would you ever admit to sucking this bad?
    Last edited by Maladon; 08-12-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Gear differences (rank 8 vs rank 1), you don't use CC, you don't know your class that well, you decided that 2v10 was a good idea.

The list goes on.

Full rank 5, almost rank 5 with a full set waiting there and people kill me just fine. That is granted that they are Rank 4 or higher and actually know what they are doing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Why would you ever admit to sucking this bad?
    I seriously almost choked on my own spit laughing so hard.

Stop whining about healing. You got it nerfed already. Stop crying about instant heals. They're HoTs. They do 'nothing' to keep people alive through burst damage. All they do is help stabalize people and top them off. We still have to use actual cast-time heals to bring them back up to a shape they can continue fighting in.

Rift Master

Warriors have incredible natural synergy with healers. The Warrior charges in (in gear of high armour and generally a lot of HP - so relatively not squishy), puts out nice damage and doesn't die easily because the healer keeps the " generally higher than leather/cloth survivability" DPS machine alive while lots of people wail on him. So the natural logical solution is, stop the healer and then stop the warrior before the warrior kills us all. However you run to that healer, and low and behold, can't kill him because he doesn't have to sit there and cast a 2 second heal to fill most of his HP bar (with %reduced healing from a debuff he mystically heals while running away from you with instant heals with freedom to move).

Warriors, which are largely more dependent on the healer synergy than other classes, would suitably be indirectly nerfed, and healing classes would require skill to play if the following changes are made.

Healing should be fixed by forcing casters to use a cast bar, ie the more instant the heal the much smaller (much much much much much smaller) the amount healed. For the HoT casters, HoTs should be weak but stackable to be strong, where quite a few stacks would be needed to reach significant tics, but the larger the stacks the more mana required to maintain the stacks (ie only a fully HoT'ed warrior will survive with approximately 3 or 4 DPSers on him - dependant on gear of course). Along with this, greatly reduce the amount of mana pvp gear gives healing classes, and greatly increase the amount of mana that pve gear gives. These things will increase the amount of skill required to play a healer in a WF (who cares about 1v1 balance in team orientated WFs) - Which would indirectly lead to nerfs for classes which rely on healers such was warriors, as they can no longer charge in and wreck for as long while their healer is being attacked by a dps.

Its either that or, give more classes silences of approximately 4 seconds, which doesn't require an interruption, which wont affect physical abilities.
    Ha, he thinks it has anything to do with healers.
    There was no healing going on.

With clerics being the squishiest every idiot warrior and rogue was charging/stealthing/teleporting to them and instant killing them and it turned into a DPS race blood bath.
    The end result was that everybody died super fast with all the healers dead instantly, every everyone spent significantly more time waiting to respawn.

Healers should be able to tank you by self healing. End of story.
    You want to win? Guess what? If you're beating the **** out of the healer (who should be easily able to tank you with constant self healing) he's not healing that overpowered globaling warrior.
    The difference is that it's not an instant team wipe from clerics being too squishy. There's plenty of time for a team to peel off the dude tying up the healer.
    Meaningful strategic interaction beyond "OMG I AM GUN FAESROL I DO SO MUC H DEEPZ! 111111111111111OMG WHY CANT I HURT THIS HEALER111111NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!!"

protip: mana drains are also incredibly overpowered against clerics, because they're balanced around being used again mages who have more than twice the mana and a bunch more ways to restore it.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 08-12-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Ha, he thinks it has anything to do with healers.
    There was no healing going on.

With clerics being the squishiest every idiot warrior and rogue was charging/stealthing to them and instant killing them and it turned into a DPS race blood bath.
    The end result was that everybody died super fast with all the healers dead instantly, every everyone spent significantly more time waiting to respawn.

Healers should be able to tank you by self healing. End of story.
    You want to win? Guess what? If you're beating the **** out of the healer (who should be easily able to tank you with constant self healing) he's not healing that overpowered globaling warrior.
    Precisely.

If a healer cannot insure their own survival against another player (equally geared, perhaps a bit higher in rank/gear) then what is the point? Their entire soul design is meaningless. If we cannot keep ourselves alive unless vastly out numbered or if the DPS is higher than our HPS, then how are we supposed to bloody keep any of you whiners alive? We couldn't. End of story. Stop asking for healers to be nerfed further simply because your DPS is less than our HPS. We work hard as hard, if not harder to maximize our HPS than you do your DPS because we know a lot more is riding on our HPS than your DPS - your life and ours.

Default Bloodthirsty

I love everyone's replies to OP - I've been dying from laughter!

Warriors I heal sometimes get more healing from bloodthirsty than I heal them for.

The cleric/warrior duo is more like this: Warrior and cleric enter combat. Cleric gets focused by the dps and with new nerfs the cleric mainly heals themselves and cleanses warrior. Meanwhile warrior picks off squishy targets, most likely like the OP, and procs their bloodthirsty for heals. This continues until one of the teams wipe.

EDIT: This just occurred to me - bads like op are probably the reason warriors seem to get so many heals because they feed bloodthirsty! OP, you'd better improve your game because someone might start a thread about not allowing you to queue because you are making warriors OP.
    Last edited by Riftella; 08-12-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Claw of Sunrest <Princess> Rank 8 Cleric Healer

Lava of Sunrest - 50 DPS Warrior (retired)

Rift Disciple

yeah but why should a full healer that gives up dps and really has no way to kill someone not be able to survive 2+ dps's. If I go full survivability I expect to survive as I give up a lot to get that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeon View Post
    yeah but why should a full healer that gives up dps and really has no way to kill someone not be able to survive 2+ dps's. If I go full survivability I expect to survive as I give up a lot to get that.
    It damages their belief that if only they could escape their basement ... err. ... dungeons they would wade through their foes like Conan through gradescoolers. Because they've earned the right. They also reserve the right to tell you to get back in the kitch...spec heals because otherwise you aren't a "team player".

Default proof - bloodthirsty heals the warrior more than I do

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7...0812141520.jpg

My friend Geldan and I just completed this codex today. Check out the 4th highest healer - it's Geldan the warrior! He healed himself for almost half the heals he took. He did not pot or drink the entire match - and why would he - bloodthirsty keeps him up.
    Claw of Sunrest <Princess> Rank 8 Cleric Healer

Lava of Sunrest - 50 DPS Warrior (retired)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast