+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Still dont Get Premade vs PuG's

Default Still dont Get Premade vs PuG's

I still dont understand why premade are against a PuG group, Theres only one argument for it and thats the waiting time, But seroiusly they farm valor/prestige out of any pug and rank so much quicker.

Playing against a premade who will be using voice communication software and being rank 6+ geared is totally laughable

Playing against a Premade sucks the fun out of casual PvP, so much so that people including myself dont wish to participate in a warfront that is being farmed all day, Especially with the new weekend bonus in whitefall all premade's will be assembling to go there making a pug group just a small effort and an easy farm.

Most of the other popular games have a system to have premades against premades making the system fairer and more of a challenge for a premade group, Premade vs PuG is no challenge at all.

Here is a lol result of Premade vs PuG's:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...812161711.jpg/

Notice the lack of death of the premade (Guardians) and the kill count, Also note the damage output and lack of healing they required.

So seroiusly Tirion 1 argument for Premade vs PuG and multiple arguments against, Do the math!!
    Last edited by Ferather; 08-12-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Rift Chaser

It is stupid argument .The point of the game is team work.In pve do they the break up guilds forming to do raids why in world would trion encourage pugs the point is get players to work together.

Why do pug suck against premades?

Lack of communication
    Lack of key roles
    Lack of gear

So what is solution to the problem.

A.Players on pugs need to communicate,The easy thing would be built voice chat
    B.Give pugs groups set a format like every 6 players it would dps,dps,healer,support,random.The biggest problem pug have bad format 5 dps and 1 support.If you force teams to have better format they will have a better chance.
    C.You can't do anything about gear

The point is game should be pushing everybody to be on premade teams not separate pugs from premade teams.Can a group of random strangers beat premades? yes.I play FPS all the time you get in a good lobby with good players,We beat up on clans all the time.Rifts and MMO drops you in with random players then you match ends then que up random player again.If pugs stay together for more than one match then they can build a rhythm maybe add some of those players as friend form premades in future.

Instead in MMO it seems instead of putting in the litte bit work to get together a decent premade ( which is pay attention to who is on top leaderboard adding them as friend or ask them join you in making premade) players cry about being beat and avoid fighting good teams.Something can be done to enhance pugs but the point of warfront is teamwork of course a group that is form will have better teamwork

That is all fancy but it doesn't change the fact, that a pug cannot accomplish the same communication ever.

And don't get me the "I wanna play with my friends"-QQ. I'm not buying it.

Since 1.4 hit In my shardpool there's a Guardian premade facerolling the defiants ALL DAY. Yesterday they actually made it to have 11 (eleven) guys in one codex.

What are you supposed to do as a p7 surrounded by low ranks without a clue and no communication and not even healers present? While facing an 11 man all rank7 premade with 3 warriors focusing and 2 healing clerics in the back hotting the crap out of 'em?

That's right, there is nothing you can do. And I don't mind just reading the forums while this match lasts. But if it's ALL matches ALL day, it's getting a little old.

Plane Touched

They tried hard queues before and it didn't work. What don't you people understand about that? I pay the same ammount as everyone else and when they had hard queues the wait time for matches if you were in a group of 3 or more was ridiculous most of the time compared to the pug queue. Maybe when they get to the point when they can have all servers in the same wf queue we can give 100% hard queues another chance.

Shadowlander

I don't run in premades. I don't like getting rolled either. However, there is no way I would expect them to make premades wait for other premades to queue. I wouldn't want those kinds of waits as a solo guy, so why make the premades wait?

Simple solution if you're getting rolled. Don't fight them. Yes, you're going to lose, but don't feed them kills. They don't have to get kills to win any of the wf's. It's not a prerequisite in any of them to kill the enemy. Other factors determine the winner. Sure, it will suck, but it will suck for them too when they are just having to do the "pve" part of the warfront and it takes longer to get the win and isn't as much fun.

You can always just leave the match too. Sure you have to wait a while to re-queue, but take into account how long the wf would last and how long the normal queue might be and maybe it's not all that much different.

Personally, I always fight, even if we're getting rolled. Sure I might be more careful and won't just run out and feed them kills, but I still try to get a few myself.

Premade vs pugs - the single largest flaw in this game.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    not to mention the fresh p1s meeting the p8s. As a p1 p2 I actually contribute more to the team by staying out of the combat and not feeding them points, well depending on WF ofc =) That is just wrong =)

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    I would say it is microDwarves, personally...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Just don't allow to queue as a group.
    So sometimes they may be together sometimes not.
    I would be happy with that.
    Right now premades are out of control running around in full R8.
    Most codex games on my server are like 100 to 1000

Soulwalker

Default Totally agree

There should be a seperate que for premades or at least a checkbox where you can choose to enter into a que that will have premades. There are some incredible Guardian teams out there that steamroll PuG's everytime and it makes the game unplayable. I would love to have a group that is on comms and can compete but the reality is that without internal game voice comms thats just not going to happen unless everyone is coordinated prior to entering the WF. Also there needs to be much balancing in the level 50 que. The difference between a R0 and a R8 is joke. To make matters worse as the premades stomp the PuG's they become more and more powerful and it becomes more unbalanced with each iteration. There has been a premade rolling defiants just about every game since 1.4 and myself along with most other I know are ready to leave. When the population of this game goes down far enough just like every other good MMO it's dead... Looking forward to StarWars

Soulwalker

Default First and last post

Obviously those who want things to stay as is are either on a balanced server, hate a challenge, or hate themselves. Broken is broken, it sucks to be unable to advance your character because of massive power differences gear makes, just as it sucks to have no challenge in a fight. Sure rolling over competition once in awhile is fun but if that's your idea of playing a game go get a pve only game and put it on easy. Even with a completely balanced game the communication provided by third party programs in and of themselves provide a tactical advantage that is nearly impossible to overcome. I am not a "dedicated" gamer. i can only put 15-20 hours a week into it. On top of that i was not an early buyer of the game. The result is this game has turned into a joke, at best a total waste of money and time. I've played virtually every mmo that has come out since the original ultima online. The only one not destroyed by issues like these was eq1. As it is this game has no hope of becoming the next eq1.

I have canceled my account as i play games to have fun, not to be continuously farmed by highly geared pre-mades. If the game isn't fun anymore why would i continue to pay for it? (and the answer of dedicating my life to war-fronts for the next 6 months to catch up to the bullies and just not fight in any of them is not an acceptable solution, and if your doing this you should be ashamed of yourself) This doesn't mean the game cannot be redeemed. The game was very fun prior to lvl 50. But most people i know that have tried the game stopped playing shortly after they hit 50. Now i join them. Thank god star wars is coming out soon.

Using gear scores to tabulate sides seems to be a needed change. Dont match the numbers per side. match the power per side. Then you will see challenge that can make the game fun for all. If one side is highly geared pre-mades then they will be outnumbered by there lower power opposition. This would allow everyone a chance at advancing there characters rather then allowing one side to keep the other "in there place". A constant challenge is what i want. This seems to be an easy fix and would avoid taking players from too large of a region. though there are other options available if you want to stick to equal numbers. Have a separate ques for pre-mades that extends across all continental servers- and allow single players to join them only if they wish to. Integrated coms would help. breaking post 50 play into tiers would help. IF the Dev team is competent and wants to keep there jobs for long using elements of all of these would give them a much better chance of giving the game the longevity that the players desire, but wont put up with the current situation for.

To all of those that stay, i hope you have fun and look forward to seeing you in the next mmo, or even better in this mmo after the devs get there heads on straight.

Default lol again another Premade pff why do I bother anymore!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...813174155.jpg/

Spawn, Dead, Spawn Dead!!

Again notice the damage, Lack of deaths and kills done by the premades again!
    Last edited by Ferather; 08-13-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

i made a thread on what i thought was a workable solution to communication.

that the start time after you entered a WF be moved from 1 min to 3 min so a pug could have a chance to exchange some vent info and get together.

i think 3 people responded and none of them liked it.

i am starting to think the goal is not to fix anything but just to whine.

Rift Disciple

It wouldnt be bad if the premades joined the warfront and actually played the mechanics of the wf instead of just farming till they are tired of it and then end it. Also most premades are so ****ing rude it isnt funny. Yelling at the pugs telling telling them how bad they are and how superior the premade is. Just a bunch of *******s that just want to piss the pugs off.
    Last edited by Angelstears; 08-13-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bonestomper View Post
    i made a thread on what i thought was a workable solution to communication.

that the start time after you entered a WF be moved from 1 min to 3 min so a pug could have a chance to exchange some vent info and get together.

i think 3 people responded and none of them liked it.

i am starting to think the goal is not to fix anything but just to whine.
    As someone who plays against you & your premade on a regular basis, it's not about giving us a headstart to exchange information. It's about a play style that is different than getting in coms, scripted fights, playing the souls we want to play, and not listening to some 12 year old raid leader telling us how to play.

Some people just want to relax at the end of the day. Grab a beverage, turn on some music, and play some pvp where you really don't know what's going to happen b/c you don't play the same people over & over & over again. It's two different play styles. I respect yours. But when I opt to queue as solo, then I should be rewarded by getting a warfront where others have done the same.

I'll say it again: Trion gives us two buttons to push, solo & group. The problem is they take us to the same place.

+ Reply to Thread