+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rift needs multiple warfront tiers for rank 50+ as SOON as possible.

Shadowlander

Default Rift needs multiple warfront tiers for rank 50+ as SOON as possible.

First let me start out by making a generalization.

Most people who spam the boards complaining about how their class sucks are usually just under-ranked and undergeared compared to the people they are playing against. The disparitiy between the r1 and r6 gear caused there to be absolutely no competitiveness for the r1's and no challenge for the r6's With the professional gamers already hitting rank 7 and soon to be rank 8, the casual, or NEW players hitting rank 1 stand absolutely no chance.

Now I'm going to also fill you people in on something you may not know: This is the same phenomenon that killed Warhammer the 2nd time. Warhammer took a hit on release, a big hit, because it had a lot of problems, but 6 months- 1 year later, the game was actually really fun. However by that time, there were a lot of max_ranked characters. When new players hit the final tier of pvp and came in at the lowest rank, there was absolutely 0 chance at being competitive. Seeing how it takes months and months of casual gaming to get into the higher ranks, who in their right mind is going to get repeatedly curb stomped month after month? Not many people. I started warhammer with 8 irl friends, we loved the game, but when we got into the last tier, there was no point in even trying in scenarios (warfronts). To be honest, one of our players bit the bullet and continued on and he actually still plays (although yet to hit max level, 2 years later). But thats 1 for 8.

Trion, you guys have a great game, the pve is better then the competitors, and the pvp is pretty decent up until 49. But as of this moment the same fatal mistake warhammer made is happening. Please, split up the lvl 50+ warfronts\scenarios so R1's aren't getting stuck with premades of r6-8's. (Oh and if you didn't know, premades are still happening, just as easily as before. The changes to group Qing basically did noting since its easy to work around.)

Pvp should be more about skill, less about gear. But how do you fix that and not infuriate the nerds who spend their entire lives playing video games who are already rank 6-8? You make makes several tiers separated by ranks for people lvl 50+!!! What are the bonuses to this? Lower ranked people have more fun because they have a chance at winning. Higher ranked people have more fun, because in facing people of equal rank, the match is automatically going to start on competitive grounds. That is where the teamwork\skill\strategy (stuff that makes group pvp fun) can come into play and be the deciding factor.
    And I will say this: Yes, currently, there is skill in warfront pvp. There is the rare occasion when you see higher ranked chars going against higher ranked chars, and that is usually pretty fun unless its just an aoe\cc spam fest. But that is rare, and usually its just about gear vs ungeared.

The ball is in your court trion, good luck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

The ball is in your court trion, good luck.
    It won't just infuriate the nerds who've been playing since beta and have been r6 for half a year already. Those people I don't really care about. But I'm relatively new to Rift and grinded my way to r7 so far as a Guardian in a cluster where Guardians lose 9 out of 10 WF's. So it will infuriate me because I paid my dues. In fact I over-paid my dues. And I kind of like it that way. You want to play where the big boys play, you gotta pay your dues. Make it any other way and it'll just be WoW pvp.

Sure, skill should play a part. But right now the only class that requires skill to win even when gear is equal is rogue. I'd much rather them spend their time fixing that. You want to come play with me?... Beat me? Pay your dues just like I did.

I agree.... It cant be all that hard to set up Tier (1 & 2), Tier (3 & 4), Tier (5 & 6), and last but probably not the end of it......Tier (7 & 8). I mean, it was pretty easy to set up a requirement for doing different dungeons and such....Set up a tier or valor requirement for it.

This would make Rank 50 Warfronts more like the 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 groups....And much more enjoyable for all, except those that got used to top gear vs. lowest gear fights, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaOkie View Post
    I agree.... It cant be all that hard to set up Tier (1 & 2), Tier (3 & 4), Tier (5 & 6), and last but probably not the end of it......Tier (7 & 8). I mean, it was pretty easy to set up a requirement for doing different dungeons and such....Set up a tier or valor requirement for it.

This would make Rank 50 Warfronts more like the 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 groups....And much more enjoyable for all, except those that got used to top gear vs. lowest gear fights, hehe.
    Queues would break horribly.

I'm all for breaking up the competition. But only if they make everything one single regional cluster.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Banned

So a level 10 has a chance against a level 19? I have to disagree with that. Also, I rather enjoy WF queues that pop in less than 2 minutes. Make it 4 tiers as you suggest, and WF queues will be at least 4 times longer, in prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    It won't just infuriate the nerds who've been playing since beta and have been r6 for half a year already. Those people I don't really care about. But I'm relatively new to Rift and grinded my way to r7 so far as a Guardian in a cluster where Guardians lose 9 out of 10 WF's. So it will infuriate me because I paid my dues. In fact I over-paid my dues. And I kind of like it that way. You want to play where the big boys play, you gotta pay your dues. Make it any other way and it'll just be WoW pvp.

Sure, skill should play a part. But right now the only class that requires skill to win even when gear is equal is rogue. I'd much rather them spend their time fixing that. You want to come play with me?... Beat me? Pay your dues just like I did.

You also gotta remember, this is a game that they need to make cash money on. If it wasnt the way it is, and more like it was working up to lvl 50. They would have a much higher group of pvp going on. Tho Im sure a few will cry big ol' crocodile tears because they suffered and everyone should suffer too. Instead of just agreeing to evolve to a better played setup. Im geared, I suffered, and I dont mind seeing it evened out.

And I will "NOT" go crying to some other crappy game if we do or dont get our way, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Queues would break horribly.

I'm all for breaking up the competition. But only if they make everything one single regional cluster.
    Oh, Im sure they would have to set something up to work queue times for sure.

Banned

You also gotta remember, this is a game that they need to make cash money on. If it wasnt the way it is, and more like it was working up to lvl 50. They would have a much higher group of pvp going on. Tho Im sure a few will cry big ol' crocodile tears because they suffered and everyone should suffer too. Instead of just agreeing to evolve to a better played setup. Im geared, I suffered, and I dont mind seeing it evened out.

And I will "NOT" go crying to some other crappy game if we do or dont get our way, lol.
    Agree to disagree on your first point. On your second, this will be the last MMO I ever play. MMO's in their current state are all just variations of EQ, which is what? 10 years old now. It's high time for technology to step in and bring gaming up to it's potential. We're working with a 10 year old model even in Rift. You still using that laptop you had 10 years ago? I think not.

So a level 10 has a chance against a level 19? I have to disagree with that. Also, I rather enjoy WF queues that pop in less than 2 minutes. Make it 4 tiers as you suggest, and WF queues will be at least 4 times longer, in prime time.
    Again, they would have to work on queues. and fine....you want a little more spread???.... Tiers 1 - 3, Tiers 4 - 6, Tiers 7 - 9, ect., ect......

Banned

Again, they would have to work on queues. and fine....you want a little more spread???.... Tiers 1 - 3, Tiers 4 - 6, Tiers 7 - 9, ect., ect......
    No. No spread. I like it the way it is.

Soulwalker

It will get even worse when more people hit R8, the power gap with that gear will be ridiculous.
    This should have been in with 1.4 tbh.

Or they enable prestige gain from rank 10 on, so by the time you PvP'ed to 50 you are r6.
    But trion is greedy, they want us to grind longer, yet not realising how many people quit due to the ******** going on.

Plane Touched

It's not going to happen. TRION didn't take the time to create the Prestige system only to put in a bracket system that removes it. They WANT people who have put in more time to have an advantage because it's an incentive to keep your subscription active for longer. Not to mention the comments above about the queue times being spot on. Even if you broke it up in wider brackets, I hope you're ready for 2+ hour wait times for a single warfront.

Agree to disagree on your first point. On your second, this will be the last MMO I ever play. MMO's in their current state are all just variations of EQ, which is what? 10 years old now. It's high time for technology to step in and bring gaming up to it's potential. We're working with a 10 year old model even in Rift. You still using that laptop you had 10 years ago? I think not.
    Well, this wont be my last MMO, Its one I hope to stick with for as long as I did with EQ/EQII at least. Or even the amount of years I put into cough cough....WoWsers.

And it does make more sense with 3 to 4 ranks per tier than 2 ranks. I typed quicker that I thought. 2 ranks would not make much of a challenge to learn yer way into it.

So a 1-3, 4-6, 7-8 or a 1-4, and 5-8 Would be less of a pain for the lower geared in each group, but still a smackdown of a game.

Banned

Well, this wont be my last MMO, Its one I hope to stick with for as long as I did with EQ/EQII at least. Or even the amount of years I put into cough cough....WoWsers.

And it does make more sense with 3 to 4 ranks per tier than 2 ranks. I typed quicker that I thought. 2 ranks would not make much of a challenge to learn yer way into it.

So a 1-3, 4-6, 7-8 or a 1-4, and 5-8 Would be less of a pain for the lower geared in each group, but still a smackdown of a game.
    Well, far be it from us to negotiate on behalf of Rift devs, but I guess I'd support 2 brackets. The queue times would still get messed up and I don't think players would develop the quality skills that the game forces you to acquire as it currently is. I got better not only because I got better gear, but because I got my arse handed to me over and over and it made me angry, which made me study and practice and spend 100 platinum trying out different variations of all the specs, which all helped to give me a smidge of a chance if only i could get just 1 heal.

I wouldn't be as good as I am If I hadn't had my face beat in so bad as an r1.

Plane Touched

If this was in the cards, why did TRION release two more Prestige ranks in 1.4 instead of condensing them? They already created a system with 8 separate levels. They're not going to turn around now and undo all of that with an unnecessarily complicated system that will screw up queues even more than they already are. This is an extremely pointless topic of discussion because it's just not going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast