+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Logically look at this nerf

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Default Logically look at this nerf

Just take a look at this warrior nerf compared to how they currently perform. Yes, they are too easy to play and need a slight bit of adjustment in my opinion but this is overkill. They are almost going to be 100% worthless in pvp now from the looks of it, assuming I am correctly understanding the patch notes.

People complain about healers being too OP and they are nerfed. I know most of you will call BS on this but myself and others consider myself to be one of the top pvp warriors on the shard. Now, I can barely take our a full p6 healing cleric 1v1, he hardly drops below 50% except in spikes. People still complain. This is clearly 90% a GEAR issue and not an issue that should be...." x% less damage nerf". P6 players don't die, fresh 50s die, it's simple game/gear check mechanics That is not how to go about solving anything in a proper manner and will only lose you subscriptions.

The 2h spec was already superior to paragon in the first place...but now? Now people are going to be calling nerfs on rift/champ, i guarantee you that. Through and through, this is a very, very poor decision on your part and your development team Trion and it reflects straight to how well I believe you run your game as a company, and as the way I am currently seeing how you deal with your problems, your game (company) is going down the wrong path and is going to start spiraling downhill.

....that's my 2 cents
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 08-11-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Plane Touched

This nerf will change nothing. The problems with Warriors remain unaddressed, specificially Lingering Wounds - a heal debuff with absurd uptime procced on insane burst damage that requires no effort to apply on the Warrior's part and is uncleansable.

Everything about it is overpowered and moronic, yet it has been ignored in favor of nerfs that I suppose Trion hopes will placate those of us with valid complaints.

It won't and I'm insulted that they even bothered with these nerfs that do nothing to address the imbalances of some of the Warrior souls. Frankly, Warriors should be insulted too.
    Last edited by Aidron; 08-11-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Just take a look at this warrior nerf compared to how they currently perform. Yes, they are too easy to play and need a slight bit of adjustment in my opinion but this is overkill. They are almost going to be 100% worthless in pvp now from the looks of it, assuming I am correctly understanding the patch notes.

People complain about healers being too OP and they are nerfed. I know most of you will call BS on this but myself and others consider myself to be one of the top pvp warriors on the shard. Now, I can barely take our a full p6 healing cleric 1v1, he hardly drops below 50% except in spikes. People still complain. This is clearly 90% a GEAR issue and not an issue that should be...." x% less damage nerf". P6 players don't die, fresh 50s die, it's simple game/gear check mechanics That is not how to go about solving anything in a proper manner and will only lose you subscriptions.

The 2h spec was already superior to paragon in the first place...but now? Now people are going to be calling nerfs on rift/champ, i guarantee you that. Through and through, this is a very, very poor decision on your part and your development team Trion and it reflects straight to how well I believe you run your game as a company, and as the way I am currently seeing how you deal with your problems, your game (company) is going down the wrong path and is going to start spiraling downhill.

....that's my 2 cents
    Actually rift/champ is useless for pvp. I was doing between 100-200 dps more with my rift/para.

Not going to be able to kill anything but warriors and ranged rogues who cannot kite.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post
    Actually rift/champ is useless for pvp. I was doing between 100-200 dps more with my rift/para.

Not going to be able to kill anything but warriors and ranged rogues who cannot kite.
    I disagree, I swapped to rift champ from parachamp about a week ago and I find that while I kill a little slower, my survivability is way up and I can take folks in 1v3 sometimes now, something I could never do as parachamp.
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

The biggest problem with Rift is that forum whining leads to nerfs. Since launch there have been constant and big nerfs, not tweaking 1-2 skills. Most nerfs have had huge impact to that particular soul or souls. The game was much more balanced pre 1.1 than it is now and it will get worse with stat inflation (p8 eats p1 in a splitsecond).

+ Reply to Thread