Closed Thread
Page 49 of 124 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: So when is Slip away going to eat a nerf?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    What to prove? I made my point. You disagree. Anything else just banter. There is nothing to argue.
    You said you need slip away to go to stealth, then go right on ahead and said that two other souls that do not have slip away are able to get into stealth by doing exactly what i said should be done.
    Nonsense. Stop and think about the crap you're typing for a second. "You should have to find a way to make your enemy stop attacking you for 5 seconds in order to be able to use your defensive cooldown." Are you even trying to form a cogent argument, or are you just typing out the first stream of nonsense that comes to mind?

You then went on to say that they dont take a skill out all willy nilly, and either you, or another poster said something about compensating. Both are wrong. They did and they didnt compensate the loss either.
    The only time they don't compensate is for damage nerfs. Slip Away doesn't do any damage. And again...it's a fundamental Assassin ability. The soul would be broken without it.

Then you went on your little flip flop stating that its ok to take a skill out if it is too annoying, like slip away.
    No, I didn't say it's okay to take it out of it's "too annoying". I've said the contrary in countless threads on countless issues...choosing to participate in PvP is choosing to subject yourself to situations where the abilities of other players irritate the bageezus out of you and the solution is not to change/nerf because someone got their jammies in a wad when they got outplayed. I've said that clerics could afford to have a massive DR cooldown taken away because they already had mountains of survivability.

May i ask when discussions is of your approval? When you are not proving someone else point, or when you are not wrong? Because then i can see why this discussion is displeasing to you.
    Generally, a reasonable discussion would involve intelligent exchange of ideas. You're ignorant. You haven't got the foggiest clue of what you're talking about. All you see is that Slip Away bugs you so it should be removed. That kind of crybaby nonsense, if the devs were to take it seriously and act on it, is what ruins PvP in MMOs. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Of course.
    Because if you remove their current abilities to replace them with slip away, they'd be rogues.
    And if you don't remove their current abilities and just ADD slip away, then they'd have the great cooldowns of 2 different callings.
    It has nothing to do with slip away being right or not.
    That's just like saying, well, touch of life/slip away/nedra's essence are clearly OP, because if you gave them all to the cleric, that'd be OP.

Is this a joke or what?
    You propose to replace a 31 point ability on a 2 minutes cooldown by a teleport + a 1 second CC?
    that's AMAZING!

Since you said "what if mages had slip away..."
    Well, this "fixed" slip away just plain sucks, so can I take Nedra's essence on my assassin please?
    I'll take 80% reduction damage for 7 seconds rather than a 1 second CC, thank you.

As long as you spend 2 minutes in stealth without doing anything?
    -you're about to die
    -slip away
    You got 2 minutes without slip away. Either you try something and can die just like anyone else, or you do absolutely nothing for 2 minutes are you're completely useless.

People overrate slip away so much.
    Why don't you try a sin build and prove us wrong with your perfect warfront scoreboards without any death?
    You'll realise real fast that 2 minutes is a long as hell in a warfront, and that most most most of the time, you're fighting without that "out of jail free" card in your deck.
    you want to talk about cooldowns? let's talk about them.

if i want to res someone, thats on a 10 minute cooldown.

let's continue to talk cooldowns.

if i want to res myself, thats another 10minute cooldown.

you think that just because you spec 31 points into a line you should have an OP ability like slip away? you don't think it should be changed into something that's crap? let's talk about ****ty 31 point spec abilities:

take a look at the purifier.
    take a look at the champion.
    take a look at the riftblade.
    take a look at the warlord.
    take a look at the reaver.
    take a look at the ranger or druid trees (they're both simply just pet summons).

you think there aren't souls with exceptional 31 point abilities? lol, those are all awful. and i've listed multiple ones from either healing dps or tank trees just to prove my point that it doesn't matter what archtype it is, some 31 point abilities just flat out blow.
    Last edited by aylictal; 08-13-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

So I'm only doing this so this thread can finally get locked:

Wax on, wax off niqqa!

:: throws up gang signs ::

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Sone ppls are really stupid and have no clue what they are talking about.
    And the one whos comparing slip away with mana bar... lol
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    Sone ppls are really stupid and have no clue what they are talking about.
    And the one whos comparing slip away with mana bar... lol
    hey, i was told that the assassin can't operate without going stealth.

if they can't function as an offensive soul without stealth, them supply them with abilities that offensively apply stealth, and not to give them just a cheap defensive ability they can use to get out of jail free.

it's beyond cheese, and i've had it with this bull ****.
    Last edited by aylictal; 08-13-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Telaran

If it was off gcd then I might agree, however, the instances described here can't happen. Popping cleanse soul triggers the gcd for slip away as well. Also since patch 1.3whatever hidden veil hasn't been popping so after 6 seconds if you stack any sort of dot on the rogue while they slip away they will just pop back out of stealth again. Besides, it's really the only survival skill the assassin tree has and it wouldn't be very assassinish if they just stood out in the open instead of having some sort of ability to "slip away" now would it?

Sorry if you're disappointed, but there are much worse soul combos/classes that fare much better than assassins who can run away every 2 minutes after ganking a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeovanti View Post
    If it was off gcd then I might agree, however, the instances described here can't happen. Popping cleanse soul triggers the gcd for slip away as well. Also since patch 1.3whatever hidden veil hasn't been popping so after 6 seconds if you stack any sort of dot on the rogue while they slip away they will just pop back out of stealth again. Besides, it's really the only survival skill the assassin tree has and it wouldn't be very assassinish if they just stood out in the open instead of having some sort of ability to "slip away" now would it?

Sorry if you're disappointed, but there are much worse soul combos/classes that fare much better than assassins who can run away every 2 minutes after ganking a target.
    only, slip away is off the global cooldown, so this post makes no relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    only, slip away is off the global cooldown, so this post makes no relevance.
    "Slip Away

No Cost
    Instant
    2 Minutes 0 Seconds

The Rogue completely disappears from sight and becomes immune to all damage effects for 3 seconds. This also removes Snares and Roots
    . This ability does not trigger global cooldown."

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/1110447249/Slip-Away

Someone can't read.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 08-13-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Name a skill that has been entirely removed from a soul since launch. Name a skill that has been entirely blocked from use in any PvP situation. Slip Away is a fundamental defensive cooldown for the assassin soul. If you take it away, there needs to be something offered in return. The entire assassin soul hinges around stealth. And with the number of ways players can knock an assassin out of stealth...even accidentally...there needs to be a way for assassins to get back into stealth while in combat or they're a sitting duck.

Clerics were already given an ability that prevents a rogue from entering stealth for 30s. Warriors can get a passive bonus to stealth detection. Mages can put up an anti-stealth bubble. Every calling has something they can use to counter stealth (except rogues, of course). Learn to use the tools you're given before you cry for nerfs.
    Well said, I agree with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

Is this a joke or what?
    You propose to replace a 31 point ability on a 2 minutes cooldown by a teleport + a 1 second CC?
    that's AMAZING!
    The proposed change would provide the same function that slip away is suppose to do without removing you from battle. It being a 31 point skill can be changed quite easily. As if they havent changed around trees before.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Nonsense. Stop and think about the crap you're typing for a second. "You should have to find a way to make your enemy stop attacking you for 5 seconds in order to be able to use your defensive cooldown." Are you even trying to form a cogent argument, or are you just typing out the first stream of nonsense that comes to mind?
    Every class has to put up with deterrents that prevents them from using key skills. Silences, stun, mes, constantly being beat on, purge. Sins however, must have be exception because they are special i guess.

The only time they don't compensate is for damage nerfs. Slip Away doesn't do any damage. And again...it's a fundamental Assassin ability. The soul would be broken without it.
    They didnt compensate for templars defensive buff either. Templars defensive capabilities are 0 now.
    No, I didn't say it's okay to take it out of it's "too annoying". I've said the contrary in countless threads on countless issues...choosing to participate in PvP is choosing to subject yourself to situations where the abilities of other players irritate the bageezus out of you and the solution is not to change/nerf because someone got their jammies in a wad when they got outplayed. I've said that clerics could afford to have a massive DR cooldown taken away because they already had mountains of survivability.
    Because the calling that already has a tanking soul with its own defensive cooldowns in addition to three healing souls really needed another massive defensive buff from their PvP soul, amirite?

Slip Away isn't in the Infiltrator soul. It's a defensive cooldown in the assassin soul.
    According to you, the templar skill was too complimentary because of other souls that a cleric has thats why it deserved a nerf.

Well you guys have tanking soul with defensive cds too, thus, the defensive skill sins have deserves a nerf.

Generally, a reasonable discussion would involve intelligent exchange of ideas. You're ignorant. You haven't got the foggiest clue of what you're talking about. All you see is that Slip Away bugs you so it should be removed. That kind of crybaby nonsense, if the devs were to take it seriously and act on it, is what ruins PvP in MMOs. Period.
    According to you, an intelligent exchange is simply something that doesnt disagree with your position.

FTR. It bugs me, i think its a bad mechanic and gives an unfair advantage to sins. But due to certain mechancis in the sin soul, i wouldnt want it to be removed because despite its idiotic nature and its abuse, it serves a real purpose.

But you, and all sins, sitting here, and not seeing the major issue with the skill in practical practice, using the same tired excuse every class says about every important skill that is a crutch for their build. Using proposterous reasoning other than "This skill makes me do more damage." And many of you having the GALL to come out of your face talking about the "lets stop the nerfs" while you go around in other threads speaking about how OP something is, is just disgusting.

Every nerf that was doled out has been for mechanics that could have been countered fairly easily. But many of the posters within this thread seem to have considerable trouble doing so. Yet when their class is under scrutiny, the strats they come up with could end the Afghan war.

Stop the hypocrisy. Slip away gives an unfair advantage because it allows you to remove yourself from battle whenever you want. Unfortunately its tied to you doing competent damage. So until the second if fixed, i cant expect the first to be taken away. But i wont pretend that slip away is all fine and balanced.
    Last edited by Eughe; 08-13-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Ascendant

if they can't function as an offensive soul without stealth, them supply them with abilities that offensively apply stealth, and not to give them just a cheap defensive ability they can use to get out of jail free.

I'm not sure what you mean by abilities that "offensively" apply stealth. Stealth is stealth. Whether I simply vanish in front of you or kick you in the junk and...vanish in front of you, it's still stealth in combat.

U still don't get what is assassin. 1st mmo u play?

If sin uses slip to run away then hes bad rogue, so why u bother about bads?

And u can cry how much u want - slip wont be removed.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"

- Vybz

Hay guise, World PvP matters I hear.

So I hear people cry about vanish in WoW (and they have 2 lol).

Oh wait....
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 08-13-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Every class has to put up with deterrents that prevents them from using key skills. Silences, stun, mes, constantly being beat on, purge. Sins however, must have be exception because they are special i guess.
    Assassins get their own set of abilities used by other people that irritate them. Ground targeted AoE, targeted AoE (ie. Fan Out) that is aimed at the friendly player 10m away. DoT effects that make reliable stealth impossible without Cleanse Soul and/or Hidden Veil. Etc, etc. Try not to be so narrow minded.

They didnt compensate for templars defensive buff either. Templars defensive capabilities are 0 now.
    Templar is a PvP soul. Your defensive capabilities as a cleric come from self heals and defensive cooldowns in the Justicar tree. Don't be ridiculous.

According to you, the templar skill was too complimentary because of other souls that a cleric has thats why it deserved a nerf.
    It has nothing to do with "complimentary" and everything to do with excessive. Justicar/Inquisitor/Sentinel builds, particularly in higher rank PvP gear, are survival juggernauts. They heal on hit. They heal with DoTs. They heal with Convictions. And if none of that is enough, they get a beefy instant-cast heal on an 8 second CD with a 0 point investment in Sentinel.

Assassins get...Slip Away. Cleanse Soul is nice if the damage you're taking (or about to take) is magic based. Self healing doesn't care what caused the damage. It just heals.

Well you guys have tanking soul with defensive cds too, thus, the defensive skill sins have deserves a nerf.
    Ya? And what soul do we throw into the mix to get all kinds of passive and active self healing?

According to you, an intelligent exchange is simply something that doesnt disagree with your position.
    No, if you could actually come up with something intelligent to add we could agree to disagree. You're still falling short of the mark, however.

But you, and all sins, sitting here, and not seeing the major issue with the skill in practical practice, using the same tired excuse every class says about every important skill that is a crutch for their build. Using proposterous reasoning other than "This skill makes me do more damage." And many of you having the GALL to come out of your face talking about the "lets stop the nerfs" while you go around in other threads speaking about how OP something is, is just disgusting.
    WTF do you care if a rogue escapes, anyways? He didn't kill you (unless he re-opened on you, but nobody is whining about that. They're whining about rogues using Slip Away defensively.) It's OP because it lets them get away...

LOL.

Every nerf that was doled out has been for mechanics that could have been countered fairly easily. But many of the posters within this thread seem to have considerable trouble doing so. Yet when their class is under scrutiny, the strats they come up with could end the Afghan war.
    I get it now. You're just looking for someone else to be miserable alongside you after the cleric healing nerfs, aren't you?

Suck it up. Find your big-boy pants, put them on, and get on with your life.

Stop the hypocrisy. Slip away gives an unfair advantage because it allows you to remove yourself from battle whenever you want. Unfortunately its tied to you doing competent damage. So until the second if fixed, i cant expect the first to be taken away. But i wont pretend that slip away is all fine and balanced.
    Just because you got nerfed doesn't mean you have to go around coming up with lame excuses to have everyone else nerfed. Grow up.

Closed Thread
Page 49 of 124 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast