+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faction Balance and PvP Rifts

Default Faction Balance and PvP Rifts

So I am a little concerned about the new PvP Rifts and the current Faction balance on most servers. Most servers I have seen are very Defiant dominant, much like mine. Now some days the guardians can get away with doing a PvP Rift without seeing 3x the Defiant showing up to take them out, but for the most part we see Defiant on our server chain running PvP Rifts with 2-3 Raid forces worth of Defiant to screen. Guardians on our realm seem to have problems mustering the appropriate forces to repel the Defiant.

Now I know this is different on other servers, and it is probably not the same for most, but what will Trion do for the servers that are heavy on one faction or the other for world PvP.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tidings View Post
    So I am a little concerned about the new PvP Rifts and the current Faction balance on most servers. Most servers I have seen are very Defiant dominant, much like mine. Now some days the guardians can get away with doing a PvP Rift without seeing 3x the Defiant showing up to take them out, but for the most part we see Defiant on our server chain running PvP Rifts with 2-3 Raid forces worth of Defiant to screen. Guardians on our realm seem to have problems mustering the appropriate forces to repel the Defiant.

Now I know this is different on other servers, and it is probably not the same for most, but what will Trion do for the servers that are heavy on one faction or the other for world PvP.
    Defiants run the PvP rifts all day long on my PVE server uncontested.Basically getting free gear. Guardians rarely run them and If they try in the lower zones they get stomped by the same Defiants. The disparity is already showing this week in the war fronts. Out of the last 6 WFs I ran tonight 3 had the same premade made up from those same PVP rift running Defiants. It was a slaughter every time. not fun. And yes they were taunting heavily. Just when it felt like WF PVP was reasonably competative and enjoyable its all jacked up again. At least thats my perspective as a rank 5 since 1.4

Soulwalker

1. Move to Briarcliff shard with guardian char
    2. .......................
    3. Profit

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SoL0 View Post
    1. Move to Briarcliff shard with guardian char
    2. .......................
    3. Profit
    Sadly I think that is what most people want, the big zerg to steamroll the competition with little to no effort. Thankfully I am not stuck with such mindset. I would rather have 5 of us go up against far superior numbers. Yea, we will end up "losing" in the end, but it sure is fun seeing how long we last and how many more they call in.

Funniest part is when guy 16 that trickles in to fight us as we are dying off is ALWAYS the one who will /y about how bad we are/were. Lol, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by thechubs View Post
    Sadly I think that is what most people want, the big zerg to steamroll the competition with little to no effort. Thankfully I am not stuck with such mindset. I would rather have 5 of us go up against far superior numbers. Yea, we will end up "losing" in the end, but it sure is fun seeing how long we last and how many more they call in.

Funniest part is when guy 16 that trickles in to fight us as we are dying off is ALWAYS the one who will /y about how bad we are/were. Lol, good times.
    Yea I am just chasing the balance more or less, it's not fun on either side of the spectrum for me with it's steam roll the group, or be steam rolled.

And yeah, there is always the crazy trash talk from the defiant when they outnumber us 3:1 and truck us.
    Its funny really.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

+ Reply to Thread