+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Marksman is broken

Default Marksman is broken

Hey thanks a ton for not even acknowledging the broken On the Double and break free skills, and really...does every single ranged spec have to out damage the only one that actually uses a ranged weapon?

Your PvP dev is missing..no one even listens. Who is running this POS?

I'd LOVE to see any dev respond to the literally 20 broken skills and DR faults.

How about for starters you restore Bards to 30m Range? The weakest armor class and the least heals has to stand in melee range?

Please make all our damage elemental..because I am so sick of seeing 70 damage hits on Clerics and Warriors while they get all fire/air/ earth damage as ranged that Rangers and Marksmen should actually have to help counter 10k armor...WTF?

Please add your PvP gripes to this post. I have so many I can't even begin to start.
    Last edited by CarnageBC; 08-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Carnage R8 Rogue

Banned

Nerfing classes with no survivability in hotfix #5 yet others can dps and heal while tanking 5+ players? Nah the game is fine bro Gersh knows what hes doing.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by CarnageBC View Post
    Hey thanks a ton for not even acknowledging the broken On the Double and break free skills, and really...does every single ranged spec have to out damage the only one that actually uses a ranged weapon?

I'd LOVE to see any dev respond to the literally 20 broken skills and DR faults.

Please add your PvP gripes to this post. I have so many I can't even begin to start.
    What rank are you bro? Cause earlier today I got hit with a deadeye shot for 2500. I have no idea what rank that marksman was, only that i have 25% damage redution from valor. But even if i was 40% damage redution he still wounda hit me for 2125. I am not trying to troll your post, just expressing my honest opinion. I myself have a rank 5 rogue, i liked the MM build, but unless you're a stud at kiting, they are pretty difficult to play effectively, however good kiters can play a MM pretty spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookster View Post
    What rank are you bro? Cause earlier today I got hit with a deadeye shot for 2500. I have no idea what rank that marksman was, only that i have 25% damage redution from valor. But even if i was 40% damage redution he still wounda hit me for 2125. I am not trying to troll your post, just expressing my honest opinion. I myself have a rank 5 rogue, i liked the MM build, but unless you're a stud at kiting, they are pretty difficult to play effectively, however good kiters can play a MM pretty spectacularly.
    I'm full R6, with 900 Valor. I get wiped if I make 1 single mistake in kiting. I'm just so tired of seeing 2.2k instant cleric and warrior ranged skills. The range on warrior ranged attacks is inaccurate as well, more like 27 M vs 20.

And really...my issue with clerics is that they can outdamage me while I am purging them and still fck me up at range while being able to HEAL THEMSELVES. Just stupid game design..who gives ranged attacks to a plate class that does more damage than the only ranged class that uses a ranged weapon and cannot heal?
    Last edited by CarnageBC; 08-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Carnage R8 Rogue

./facepalm
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Sorry I meant heavy armor class not plate.

But really ...what designer gives the heavyist armor class in the game a set of ranged attacks that do FAR more damage then the only true ranged classes?

It's just silly at this point.....add in the absolute terrible CC that is present that does not obey DR...

They need to remove all CC for PvP..then have someone intelligent balance damage vs time till death vs healing capabilities.
    Last edited by CarnageBC; 08-11-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    Carnage R8 Rogue

Sowl...what you got to say? You don't agree?
    Carnage R8 Rogue

I'm full R6, with 900 Valor. I get wiped if I make 1 single mistake in kiting. I'm just so tired of seeing 2.2k instant cleric and warrior ranged skills. The range on warrior ranged attacks is inaccurate as well, more like 27 M vs 20.

And really...my issue with clerics is that they can outdamage me while I am purging them and still fck me up at range while being able to HEAL THEMSELVES. Just stupid game design..who gives ranged attacks to a plate class that does more damage than the only ranged class that uses a ranged weapon and cannot heal?

Yup I feel the same way.
    Last edited by XBlackstarX; 08-11-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Ascendant

How about for starters you restore Bards to 30m Range? The weakest armor class and the least heals has to stand in melee range?
    So your armor is weaker than a mages?

Rogues atm are probably pretty balanced (except for stealth having no real counters)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Banned

Yup... more armor.. more HP... more heals and yet they do a ton more damage with more survivability. This **** needs changing. Has the healing nerf even done anything? I still see chloros essense surge back to full from 10%... that just breaks what ever nerf there is.... even when I put a 50% healing debuff on top of that.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 08-11-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Yeah it is pretty bs.

However, I just go for blue bars...generally being mages...or those rogues with the crafted helms....soooo squishy.

I am r7 with a hectic bow...and my deadeyes have crit for 3.5k before without mega damage on.....I remember hitting a mage trying to run away with mega damage on and my trinket poppd for over 4k...I pretty much pissed myself.
    I agree though versing warriors is ****...but come on, we can't have an all rounder build....pick your targets (i.e mages, rogues...even squishy clerics) and you will do well.
    I constatnly top k.b using mm.

Ascendant

im perfectly fine with marksman being a glass cannon.

but we are currently less damage than all other classes, and they are not as "glass"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Disciple

Please make all our damage elemental..because I am so sick of seeing 70 damage hits on Clerics and Warriors while they get all fire/air/ earth damage as ranged that Rangers and Marksmen should actually have to help counter 10k armor...WTF?

If by broken you mean they need a slight nerf I agree.
    I get killed in seconds by marksmen all the time.

Sowl...what you got to say? You don't agree?
    There's a nerf tomorrow morning even though I didn't feel it was all that necessary.

You know... In this game, especially since I assume you play the rogue, there's a spec for everything. I don't think there's no rock without it's paper in rift although there are a couple of rocks without any scissors.

The MM is a ranged class cannon that excel's at killing the back lanes : Casters, Rangers, Healers. Who are their nemeses? Warriors. Obviously, plate + valor on physical damage will reduce your damage output by a lot. Somehow, most of them has made their build around mobility/range. They spent their points in bullrushes, anticc and the like to PREVENT from being kitted by the MM (whom would obviously kill them too easily if he simply had 0 bullrush or ranged attacks).

Take the mages for instance, most of them now are running Dom, Chlorolock, Chloros, Necrolocks etc. Know why? Because if they didn't they have such a small damage mitigation that Sin's would eat them. The general consensus was to build the class to be able to counter as many classes as possible.

PvP is a whole "I'm-building-this-to-counter-you" fest. To me, MMs just happen to get destroyed by warriors if you don't kite/snare well. But it's alright, if you want to kill warriors, you can go NB or Sab. Not saying you can't kill one, but you are going to have a harder time than when you try to kill that sin/ranger/bard tribrid :P.

Remember that it isn't balanced around 1v1 and you should do fine and live with your class.

And somehow... it's quite late, so if stuff don't make a lot of sense, just blame my lack of sleep annndd the fact that I am a frenchy.
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-11-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Shadowlander

i crit from 1k to 3k with Deadeye shot using a crafted bow (the Blue con Shadethorn bow, close to same dps as the Shadespine or w/e it's called)

damage is fine, your problem is your spec or your gear

>Imrpoved Hit and Run, insta cast empowered shot/deadyshot at 50% energy cost
    >Quick Reload ^ reset that cooldown

wtf else do you want?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast