+ Reply to Thread

Thread: p1 & p2 vs p6 premades = no fun

Telaran

Default p1 & p2 vs p6 premades = no fun

Why does Trion think p1-p2 vs premades wearing p6 is in any way going to be the least bit competitive? I don't mind the grind and consider winning 50-50 what I paid for. Losing 30+ games in an evening 95-1000 in codex, 200-1000 in PS, 10-500 in BG, etc....it's not fun. It's not entertaining. There's no competition. And there is no reason to expect people to want to continue paying to play your game if this kind of imbalance is going to continue.

PLEASE FIX this imbalance. Thanks.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SerStickman View Post
    Why does Trion think p1-p2 vs premades wearing p6 is in any way going to be the least bit competitive? I don't mind the grind and consider winning 50-50 what I paid for. Losing 30+ games in an evening 95-1000 in codex, 200-1000 in PS, 10-500 in BG, etc....it's not fun. It's not entertaining. There's no competition. And there is no reason to expect people to want to continue paying to play your game if this kind of imbalance is going to continue.

PLEASE FIX this imbalance. Thanks.
    Don't worry you will still lose like that at p6.

But yeah, it's no fun.
    Last edited by Kenr; 08-11-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Rift Disciple

Why do people continue to complain about imbalance? The imbalance is less about gear then it is about the players.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by thechubs View Post
    Why do people continue to complain about imbalance? The imbalance is less about gear then it is about the players.
    Because getting rolled over and over and over and over again while never winning isn't fun, regardless of what the reason is.

Plane Walker

If you want to beat a team of full r6s with r1-r2s, then you will need the best coordination and cooperation, the likes of which has never been since in Telaran history. And that is assuming the r6s are uncoordinated.

I believe if people want to queue with their friends/guild and PvP, they have every right to do so. But I also believe that in a gear based game where pugs are the main groups in WFs, having a premade with all r6+ vs lesser ranked pug is ridiculous and unfun for both sides.

My solution: Split the WFs r1-r4s and r5-r8s. Also make it so that r5-r8s can queue with lower ranked members, but upon entering the warfront they are placed with r1-r4s and their r5-r8 gear is temporarily converted into the r3-r4 equivalent.

Thoughts? Please no rage, only peace.
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-11-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    If you want to beat a team of full r6s with r1-r2s, then you will need the best coordination and cooperation, the likes of which has never been since in Telaran history. And that is assuming the r6s are uncoordinated.

I believe if people want to queue with their friends/guild and PvP, they have every right to do so. But I also believe that in a gear based game where pugs are the main groups in WFs, having a premade with all r6+ vs lesser ranked pug is ridiculous and unfun for both sides.

My solution: Split the WFs r1-r4s and r5-r8s. Also make it so that r5-r8s can queue with lower ranked members, but upon entering the warfront they are placed with r1-r4s and their r5-r8 gear is temporarily converted into the r3-r4 equivalent.

Thoughts? Please no rage, only peace.
    They'd need to make group queues region wide. Queues are bad enough for anything over 3 players in party.

My suggestion is that R1-R2's can be dragged up into the higher bracket, but R6's can't be dragged down into lower bracket. So a R6 would have to queue for the R1/R2 to activate the higher bracket queue. But if a R1 player tried to queue for a game with a R6 in party, it would say that it is ineligible.

A few R6's in a group can carry a R1/R2 alt/reroll anyway.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Telaran

The Troll lane is to your left. Drive safe!

Shadowlander

Haha you are obviously a person with the gear. But seriously, I agree with TS. Pvp needs to be less about gear and more about player skill. I mean seriously... if you're the type of r6 that thinks stomping r1's is fun and in anyway makes you good, you are pathetic and need to get a clue. Thats like manny pacquiao boxing 10 year olds. He would never do it because there's not even the slightest challenge to it. Its awful now to be R1 and go up against R6s. I have several friends i got to play this game, then when they hit lvl 50 they just laughed and said "warfronts were fun up til lvl 50, then it is ******ed". Now fast forward a month when there are R8 people, you think r1 players will remotely stand a chance? How many utter curbstompings in a warfront before r1's quit.. You know how long it will take an r1 who's new to the game to get anywhere near competitive with current rank 7-8s? months of getting curb stomped.. and are they really gonna stick around? NO... please trion, look at warhammer, they had the SAME EXACT problem.

So there's two solutions here:
    1: create warfronts tiers for r1-r3, r2-r5, r6-r8
    This is good option but open world pvp still be lulz.
    2: Make the difference between rank gear much less noticable. Instead of 25 valor to 50 valor to 75 valor to 100 valor per piece of gear, increase at like 10-20% per jump. So from like 50, to 60, to 70, to 80. Obviously dps for weapons and other stats would need to be curbed as well. This way Rank 8's would still have an advantage over lesser ranked people, but the advantage wouldn't be so great to take away any challenge or competitiveness out of the game, and still leave a skill factor in the game.
    Last edited by Mookster; 08-11-2011 at 08:32 PM.

OP is massively exaggerating or outright lying. Why? Probably had a bad streak and wants to vent.

Hey dude, we all get rolled. We've all had bad streaks. EVERY warfront is a mixture of r1-r8. You had plenty of r6 on your team losing over and over. Were their heals marked? Like someone open up the window and sort the opponent by heals and mark specifically who's healing? Did people switch to appropriate specs (cough healing cough) they might not have wanted to, but did to win? Prolly not.

You'll wake up tomorrow and probably have a great run streak and then feel foolish about this thread.
    Last edited by Sunrun; 08-11-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    OP is massively exaggerating or outright lying. Why? Probably had a bad streak and wants to vent.

Hey dude, we all get rolled. We've all had bad streaks. EVERY warfront is a mixture of r1-r8. You had plenty of r6 on your team losing over and over. Were their heals marked? Like someone open up the window and sort the opponent by heals and mark specifically who's healing? Did people switch to appropriate specs (cough healing cough) they might not have wanted to, but did to win? Prolly not.

You'll wake up tomorrow and probably have a great run streak and then feel foolish about this thread.
    Time goes by fast so we'll see if your viewpoint has merit, and if it is of benefit to the survival of warfront PvP in this game, within a month or two. I'm betting that within 2 months, maybe less time than that, you'll be fighting only R6+ players in warfronts (assuming you are at least R6 now) regardless of if Trion splits ranks in warfronts or not. Either Trion implements split rank warfronts or there will be no more new low ranked players entering the warfronts.

Let's see what shakes out by then.
    Last edited by Taptap; 08-11-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

p1 & p2 vs p6 premades = no fun

way to state the obvious

and anyone who says otherwise is full of it
    who took my names!

Rift Master

being a P7 im tired of getting u p2 -p3s to try to carry vs abunch of p6 players, absolutely tired of it..

how the hell are u guys not P6 yet, i have no clue,this weekend made it so easy for u bads.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    being a P7 im tired of getting u p2 -p3s to try to carry vs abunch of p6 players, absolutely tired of it..

how the hell are u guys not P6 yet, i have no clue,this weekend made it so easy for u bads.
    Low rank does not equal bad player. Sorry I had to tell you this. I know you are probably going to go to lose your mind because your ego will be shattered, but trust me, it's the truth.

On a side note, please rage more. It's very funny.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 08-11-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    There's such thing as new players and people that have stuff to do outside of a video game.

HERP DA DERP

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    Low rank does not equal bad player. Sorry I had to tell you this. I know you are probably going to go to lose your mind because your ego will be shattered, but trust me, it's the truth.

On a side note, please rage more. It's very funny.
    This
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-11-2011 at 10:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread