+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can u call yourself a serious pvper if u roll on a pve server?

Shadowlander

Default can u call yourself a serious pvper if u roll on a pve server?

title
    since any server can queue for WFs, do u think it matters whether its pve or pvp? discuss

I am the most serious PvPer. Anywhere. All of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brytag View Post
    title
    since any server can queue for WFs, do u think it matters whether its pve or pvp? discuss
    It really depends on what your flavor of PvP is. If you like open world then a PvP server is for you. If you're big into Warfronts and don't like to open world then a PvE server is for you. Either way, it's all PvP.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

The best premade I went against was on a PvE shard.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

I think you can. Of course we all know that the best of the best probably reside in some pvp guild somewhere but I hold my own in WFs & pvp rifts on Wolfsbane & I know several others that do too.

title
    Guess I take a different viewpoint. I consider warfronts to be training grounds, or a Boot Camp. Where you learn skills while leveling up, game environment allowing, without having to contend with higher levels of players interfering with non PvP activities such as PvE questing. I don't consider PvP "fun" unless I am at near equality of gear and player level; leaving mostly skill, tactics, and luck as the mechanics for winning or losing. But I don't consider warfronts, as they currently are implemented, to be environments that encourage learning skills and I say that because proper learning of skills and tactics requires encounters that include a win chance, but the gear/power disparities introduced by having all ranks in one environment are not conductive to the lower ranks doing much beyond a lot of rez runs.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Guess I take a different viewpoint. I consider warfronts to be training grounds, or a Boot Camp. Where you learn skills while leveling up, game environment allowing, without having to contend with higher levels of players interfering with non PvP activities such as PvE questing. I don't consider PvP "fun" unless I am at near equality of gear and player level; leaving mostly skill, tactics, and luck as the mechanics for winning or losing. But I don't consider warfronts, as they currently are implemented, to be environments that encourage learning skills and I say that because proper learning of skills and tactics requires encounters that include a win chance, but the gear/power disparities introduced by having all ranks in one environment are not conductive to the lower ranks doing much beyond a lot of rez runs.
    World PvP isn't any better.

Even with equal numbers on both sides, it just becomes a battle of who's rez is closest.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

This question is moot now with pvp rifts. All pve servers have open world nonstop pvp now. Well, a good amount of us on both sides are perpetually pvp flagged now. Nice thing on a pve server, you at least have the choice/freedom to do some pve quests in peace if you want to. You don't have that luxury on a pvp server.

Ascendant

yes.

pvp servers are for ganking
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Chaser

I play on a PvE server for one reason, I'm a Guardian. I've transfered to a few PvP servers and every one I've tried world PvP is absolutely dominated by Defiants. I hear that it's this way on quite a few servers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy competition, but getting zerged and ganked by 10+ people at a time just isn't fun for me, and I doubt it provides a challenge for them.

So I play PvE, get my PvP quests done in 5 minutes, play Warfronts and do PvP Rifts occasionally. I have 2 characters at level 50 and have never even been in a dungeon, I love PvP and if people wanna think I'm bad for being on a PvE server that's fine, cause it'll be that much more satisfying when they get rolled.

Shadowlander

I'm just tired of getting ganked by the ret pally that swooped down with his flying mount while i was innocently mining a node.

oh wait wrong game

bah not much dif

Telaran

Tbh cant call yourself a PvPer unless you have played non carebear games like shadowbane or to a lesser extend DAOC or Ultima Online where there was sort of a death penalty. id usually also mention EVE but after the nano nerf small scale PVP left that game

title
    PvP / PvE server it dosnt matter you are no less of a pvp player no matter what server you play on, the only thing server dictates is do you want to level in peace before you get to the serious buisness of pvp on your terms
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

I like PvP but I'm not a fan of getting randomly rolled 15v1 when I'm out questing or ganked by rogues when I'm farming etc.

Shadowlander

title
    The term pvper derives from the concept of player versus player, so as long as there are player versus player aspects to a game, and people are playing them (like warfronts), they can call themsleves pvpers.

However, you can never be a true pvper unless you're playing on a full loot game\server. Inconsequential death like in many mmo's has basically ruined the pvp genre but once upon a time pvp meant something. Of course the zerg and campspawn capabilities of modern mmo's ruined full loot, but that is another story entirely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast