+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I will Dance on the Grave of RIFT

Rift Disciple

Default I will Dance on the Grave of RIFT

RIFT is DGW (dead game walking) is approximately 2 months and quite frankly the folks that have made bad decisions, aka the developers, deserve it.

Fail decision #1 - Hotfix to warriors is not enough. Charge, hit, hit, dead.
    Fail decision #2 - Premades allowed to fight pugs
    Fail decision #3 - Cross Faction Yelling Trash Talk
    Fail decision #4 - The disparity in win ratio between Defiants and Guardians, you are pissing off half your
    population. <Blizzard had a hard time fixing this but they finally did>

This game will be FTP by March and dead by November. And it's too late to fix it.
    Last edited by Rawrasawr; 08-11-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrasawr View Post
    This game is dead is approximately 2 months and quite frankly the folks that have made bad decisions, aka the developers, deserve it.

Fail decision #1 - Hotfix to warriors is not enough. Charge, hit, hit, dead.
    Fail decision #2 - Premades allowed to fight pugs
    Fail decision #3 - Cross Faction Yelling Trash Talk
    Fail decision #4 - The disparity in win ratio between Defiants and Guardians, you are pissing off half your
    population. <Blizzard had a hard time fixing this but they finally did>

This game will be FTP by March and dead by November. And it's too late to fix it.
    Then quit.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

When games go ftp usually their revenues double if not triple. Ftp=dead makes no sense

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Then quit.
    Already did, subscription has 11 days. Join me...these developers have done everything to chase away their non-warrior, non-guardian, non-premade player base. They deserve their game to fail.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletroses View Post
    When games go ftp usually their revenues double if not triple. Ftp=dead makes no sense
    DDO is the ONLY game that has accomplished what you wrote. And those competent developers did something that no other MMO has done. Allowed 100% solo play if thats what you desire. RIFTs developers are not that competent.

DDO is the ONLY game that has accomplished what you wrote. And those competent developers did something that no other MMO has done. Allowed 100% solo play if thats what you desire. RIFTs developers are not that competent.
    Why not just play a single-player game
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Why not just play a single-player game
    Easy. There are times I want to group...which DDO does. There are times I don't. Which DDO does.

This thread offers nothing. Why bother posting the electronic equivalent of hot air?

Here's an actual talking point for you:

How can we strike a balance between healing and damage output in PvP without making Clerics unkillable or allowing DPS to outpace heals?

Lotro begs to differ.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    This thread offers nothing. Why bother posting the electronic equivalent of hot air?

Here's an actual talking point for you:

How can we strike a balance between healing and damage output in PvP without making Clerics unkillable or allowing DPS to outpace heals?
    DPS should always outpace a healer. If you don't know why then I certainly hope you are not a RIFT developer in disguise.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletroses View Post
    Lotro begs to differ.
    LOTRO is DGW. Estimated time remaining, 1 year tops.

Already did, subscription has 11 days. Join me...these developers have done everything to chase away their non-warrior, non-guardian, non-premade player base. They deserve their game to fail.
    Im a defiant rogue guildless, soloer, I came to this game from a long term time in hardcore mmo raiding scene. I think this game caters well to the casual soloer. And defaint vs guardian is unprovable, it goes either way.

That's probably a little harsh. If you no longer like the game then move on; if you continue to stay & post these kinds of posts then you've only yourself to blame.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    That's probably a little harsh. If you no longer like the game then move on; if you continue to stay & post these kinds of posts then you've only yourself to blame.
    RIFT developers cant take the truth?

RIFT developers cant take the truth?
    "I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

Yogi Berra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast