+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1.4 Hotfix #5 on Aug 12, 2011 ... NERFS!

Default 1.4 Hotfix #5 on Aug 12, 2011 ... NERFS!

Take a look at the Souls section! (Color added by me for emphasis)

SOULS
    * Addressed some specific PvP balance issues involving Cabalist and Paragon builds.
    * PvP: Reduced the bonus given by certain enhancing buffs during PvP only.
    - Teaching of the Five Rings, Weapon Specialization, and Rift Fury are reduced by 10%.
    - Slayer's Bearing is reduced by 5%.
    - Force of Will is reduced by 5% in PvP for each Soul Point spent in it.
    - Strike Like Iron is reduced by 5% when used with 1 or 2 Attack Points, and 10% when using 3 Attack Points.
    - Bend Like the Reed: Bonus is reduced by 5% per Attack Point used.
    * PvP: Certain damaging abilities have had their damage reduced when using them in PvP.
    - Paired Strike, Titan's Strike, Punishing Blow, and Frenzied Strike have been reduced by 10%.
    - Reaping Harvest and Path of the Raptor have been reduced by 15%.
    or ???
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

CABALIST
    * Fixed a bug where one character's Dark Water would overwrite another's.
    * Lurking Decay: This will no longer cause disguises to fail immediately after putting them on.
    * Sign of Asias: Now reduces the damage Decay deals to players while active.
    * Maelstrom: Reduced range to 20 and radius to 10.

The Cabalist changes were probably needed. Sign of Asias was insane.

The Warrior changes are something, but the real problem is Lingering Wounds, not their damage output. As a cleric, I could care less about bursty DPS in PvP; I just want to be able to help my teammates survive through it. As it stands, I can't do that if there's a Warrior around.
    Last edited by faulty; 08-11-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Ascendant

When the healing got reduced who could not see this coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post

Anyone who played PvP in WoW could see this coming from a mile away. It won't stop here.
    Last edited by Cherrileigh; 08-11-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Default exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    ......and possibly more dps nerfs to come!
    Claw of Sunrest <Princess> Rank 8 Cleric Healer

Lava of Sunrest - 50 DPS Warrior (retired)

Trion balances around baddies complaining. Proper group setup could easily counter cabalist SoA. Only baddies standing still after a maelstrom get destroyed. People need to learn to DoL and Heal and other than that it would be fine.
    Last edited by fineaid; 08-11-2011 at 05:48 PM.

for everything they mentioned the % reduced, why not on "Sign of Asias: Now reduces the damage Decay deals to players while active." ?
    See you all in Wildstar!

Trion class devs are always weeks and months too late with their balancing patches.

I LOL'd so hard when they said they were "generally happy with the current state of Warriors" in patch 1.4. They're absolutely clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    The Warrior changes are something, but the real problem is Lingering Wounds, not their damage output. As a cleric, I could care less about bursty DPS in PvP; I just want to be able to help my teammates survive through it. As it stands, I can't do that if there's a Warrior around.
    Their damage output needed to be balanced / nerfed along with Lingering Wounds.

LW should have been nerfed months ago. But I guess it will remain stupid OP until Trion class devs pull their heads out of their a$s.
    Last edited by Click; 08-11-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    Trion class devs are always weeks and months too late with their balancing patches.

I LOL'd so hard when they said they were "generally happy with the current state of Warriors" in patch 1.4. They're absolutely clueless.

Their damage output needed to be balanced / nerfed along with Lingering Wounds.

LW should have been nerfed months ago. But I guess it will remain stupid OP until Trion class devs pull their heads out of their a$s.
    Warriors can kill lower geared clerics easy enough. The moment we have to go against the higher teirs. (6 and above) things are a totally different thing.

Good thing trion listens to the lesser geared people. Now warriros won't kill any healers and get ganked over and over in open world pvp because they are s@@t arse weak.

But then I won't be hear. Huzzah to me and good bye to the garbage game. If they change their minds on warrior damage nerf I will re-subscribe.. Otherwise no way.

changes arent really needed, and as trion do they will most probably nerf everything to the ground rather than just doing small calculated changes.

with the wars small tinkering with the build might be needed but the only real problem was lw having just about 100% uptime even on aoe skills, and thats not even in the paragon soul

and the cab soul was fine, the skill they are nerfing has a 2min cd, in between that cab is just number padding. Without that skill cab is a nothing soul as it's single target after 1.4 is pitiful and now it wont have aoe burst. The funny thing is cabalist was stronger before the 1.4 makeover yet no one was complaining then, they had the same skills and tyranny was hitting harder

no biggie for me as i primarily heal in wf's, so now the wars hitting me wont be hitting that hard and i dont need to worry about aoe burst, gg for me

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    for everything they mentioned the % reduced, why not on "Sign of Asias: Now reduces the damage Decay deals to players while active." ?
    just as the pvp heal nerf, clerics dont get any definitive numbers
    Last edited by j3w3l; 08-11-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

......and possibly more dps nerfs to come!
    I give it 1 maybe 2 more fixes before people will be QQing about how OP healing is.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    I bet its only "5-10%" as well.

This is why it's stupid.

Parachamp needed to be nerfed. But I'm not convinced it should have been like this. Here's why:

Trion is balancing healing around a 100% uptime Lingering Wounds reduction. So for any class mismatch where Warriors do not come into play, healing is absolutely absurd. The current healing debuffs available to the other classes are not nearly as strong.

At the same time, they are balancing DPS around the healing output that Clerics can put out. Pyros previously hitting stupidly hard was to balance the absurd healing that was absurd to balance for the absurd LW. Parachamps DPS was absurd to balance around the very debuff they put on.

Lingering Wounds is the root of all problems.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

clerics have now been nerfed in EVERY patch and is the only calling never to have been the MOST overpowered class in the game..........

rank 6 pvp soul gutted, healing and now cabbalist.....

when are we going to nerf IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE MISS MISS MISS MISS on a class that can pull 1k dps WHILE NOT TAKING DAMAGE?

Fel blades and anthema stacking?! do we really need such powerful heal debuffs with healing in its current state?

and lingering wounds working on ALL abilities?

but honestly, Ill take my 3rd cleric nerf if it brings us closer to pvp balance, I never want to be the most powerful class, I want to stand out on my own.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Lingering Wounds is the root of all problems.
    This is the truth. Balancing PvP around one ability is designing for failure. WoW had the same issue - PvP healing was being balanced around the presence of a Warrior with Mortal Strike. Eventually, healing AND healing debuffs were reduced across the board and it worked rather well.

Reducing overall damage output makes playing the class less fun while allowing the broken aspect (Lingering Wounds) to remain.

I'd really love to see some active posting from Trion folks here. Come on! We love you guys. I'll bring the numbers, you bring the knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast