+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Let's cut the crap...Warriors are OP right now and need some nerfs

Soulwalker

Default Let's cut the crap...Warriors are OP right now and need some nerfs

I am rank 5 and whenever a warrior charges me, I get dropped in 5 seconds if I don't have my surviability cool down. This is rediculous...warriors are doing insane amount of damage. They should not be outdpsing a mage where a mage is suppose to be a glass canon.

I actually don't mind their damage if warriors can be kited but you cannot kite a warrior in this game. In wow I can kite a warrior all day, but nope not this game. Why? because DR is messed up beyond recognition in this game so anytime you try to cc someone, 80% of the time they're immuned. Fix warriors and fix diminishing return!

They're immune 0% of the time if you stop trying to CC after that point of immunity.
    "Ah could blow both yer nuts right awf using n'more than this 'ere spoon and a piece o' sweetcorn, aye."
    Keen-Eye Bill, leader of <Culinary Six-Shooter Extraordinaire's Swish 'n' Swanky Super-Spiffing Members-Only Club>
    Impeccable aim, and an all-round impressive bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Scerun View Post
    They're immune 0% of the time if you stop trying to CC after that point of immunity.
    ..... which still means that you can't kite them. ;-)

I like that Warriors will complain about being kited in the same way that others will complain about not being able to kite the Warriors... trippy, eh?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Shield of Telara

Hey, mr mage guy. I'm just a 2 button pressing war, so I don't know all that much, but I hear you have this soul called domi that gives you a ton of cc and warrior gimping abilities. I know you probably like to be top damage or something, because you said dps, but I think in pvp it is a better tactic to have more tools even if it means a little less damage.

I guess you could always keep playing your mage pve spec that doesn't include any domi, and just hope for Trion to nerf warrior instead.

Novel thread topic.

Rift Disciple

did you really have to start a new thread? I mean there's already a i-donno-how-many page thread about this going on.

You're just not fighting a warrior properly. A well played dominator can render any warrior useless - even with DR the way that it is. Believe me this is true, I'm not making this up - learn to use your dominator tree.

Also you can't expect every class to be exactly evenly matched against any other class - thats like saying every game of rock paper scissors should end in a draw - obviously a heavy meele dps is going to be able to eat through a mage if they aren't ready or speced for it.
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

Sure give warriors the ability to stealth and a shield they can put up to block all incoming damage for an ungodly amount of time and you can nerf their damage again.

Or how about the ability to heal? That'd work too.

If you are toe to toe against a warrior and you have no tricks the warrior should win. Otherwise when would warriors ever win?

Warriors aren't broken. The healing nerf in 1.4 combined with Lingering Wounds is whats broken. Reposting this here:

LW applies through just about everything a warrior does (including AOE fear), isn't dispellable, has a fairly high duration (15s), has no cooldown, and is basically up all the time. Lets take a look at the other healing debuffs in the game:

Anathema - Rogue - 15 pt Infiltrator - 30 second duration, 30 second cooldown. Instant. Dispellable.
    Fell Blades - Rogue - 32 pt Nightblade - 15 second duration, 10 second internal cooldown. Applies on melee hit. Dispellable.
    Void Shroud - Mage - 18 pt Dominator - 10 second duration, 10 second cooldown. Instant. Dispellable.
    Blight - Mage - 38 pt Chloromancer - 10 second duration, 30 second cooldown. Instant. Also dispels HOT effects. Dispellable.
    Spiteful Spirit - Cleric - 44 pt Druid - 15 second duration, 8 second cooldown. Instant. Dispellable.

All of these abilities have cooldowns and are dispellable. Fell Blades is the closest to LW, but it has an internal cooldown and is dispellable. Also, there aren't many 32pt Nightblades.

As it stands, a warrior is a walking 50% heal debuff on anything within 20m. Automatically. With no additional effort on the part of the Warrior.
    Last edited by faulty; 08-11-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Ragestorm spec is ****ing op. 1v1 its impossible to defeat an equally geared warrior. they can root & silence both at range while dealing damage. Macro abilities off the global to filler and win. Free additonal damage on autoswings, 50% reduced healing with pretty much 100% uptime that cant be dispelled. they are extremely endurant and are basically gods if they run in groups.

*Either way since the healing nerfs something has to be done about lingering wounds, at least make it dispellable.

*Both their ranged silence & root should not deal damage when used. i'd be happy to accept a silence or a root...just not an extra 800 damage to go with it.

*Weapon scaling and ability damage should be changed in some way, they dont even have to pop cooldowns to nuke someone in 3 hits. whereas a mage has to pop multiple cooldowns on a 3 min timer just to live through the basic abilities a warrior throws at them.

*I also think that reactive abilities should not be macro'able, its purely skill-less to rely on free abilities off the gcd that randomly go off whenever they are spamming a macro.

also having to incorporate dom into our tree just to live against a warrior is completely stupid. what ever happened to synergy?

I'm p7 and I get bashed by the new fotm warriors (Champion/Riftblade/Void Knight I think) in a couple seconds, too. I can usually tank quite the stuff in my Chlorolock spec but against those with high end gear it's just gg.

Blowing all c/ds mostly doesn't help, either. Maybe it would, but those warriors can last a good while alone, giving their pocket healers enough time to show up and get them back into the fun in no-time.

Well, that brings us to the pug vs premade thing. Wrong thread, so, whatever ^^

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Metoz View Post
    also having to incorporate dom into our tree just to live against a warrior is completely stupid. what ever happened to synergy?
    It's a team game.

To properly form a team solid you need to have healing, dps, cc, and sneaky buggers covered.

what are the best classes for these roles?

Mages - cc
    warriors - dps
    clerics - heal
    rogues - sneaky buggers
    Last edited by Tankalron; 08-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

Plane Touched

Warriors are in a good place. Im sorry we are not cannon fodder in Rift where you get to kite us to death while we struggle to get in range.

An equaily geared mage can rock a warrior in a 1v1 setting, I have had my butt handed to many many times by good mages. I have 900+ valor and LW on...

Op, you should take some time and check out the mage forums and see how the mage community can assit you with your fail spec.

If you think its bad now, wait a few weeks till we have full r8 and the 68? dps 2hander..

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Warriors nerfed in the new hotfix coming tomorrow? Just posted. I don't play a warrior so I can't interpret these things very well.

SOULS
    * Addressed some specific PvP balance issues involving Cabalist and Paragon builds.
    * PvP: Reduced the bonus given by certain enhancing buffs during PvP only.
    - Teaching of the Five Rings, Weapon Specialization, and Rift Fury are reduced by 10%.
    - Slayer's Bearing is reduced by 5%.
    - Force of Will is reduced by 5% in PvP for each Soul Point spent in it.
    - Strike Like Iron is reduced by 5% when used with 1 or 2 Attack Points, and 10% when using 3 Attack Points.
    - Bend Like the Reed: Bonus is reduced by 5% per Attack Point used.
    * PvP: Certain damaging abilities have had their damage reduced when using them in PvP.
    - Paired Strike, Titan's Strike, Punishing Blow, and Frenzied Strike have been reduced by 10%.
    - Reaping Harvest and Path of the Raptor have been reduced by 15%.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-11-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Oh my, how can this be? I thought warriors weren't even closely op? Hurm...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast