+ Reply to Thread

Thread: boneless buffs!

Shadowlander

Default boneless buffs!

how many buffs do you usually have to throw on your toon after respawning?

i love my melee rogue. in Sin spec i usually do 4 buffs(incl poisons) on my way out the gate. in my flag runner spec i do at least 5. neither of these include stealthing up.

here's my point: too many buffs, too little time. if i respawn at the Bridge in Scion while being aoe'd by the enemy, i'm helpless. if i clear out the enemy base in Whitefall, i gotta switch and rebuff to try to run the stone.

bottom line: the spec system is fun n all, but for pvp gameplay it is just impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyguns View Post
    how many buffs do you usually have to throw on your toon after respawning?

i love my melee rogue. in Sin spec i usually do 4 buffs(incl poisons) on my way out the gate. in my flag runner spec i do at least 5. neither of these include stealthing up.

here's my point: too many buffs, too little time. if i respawn at the Bridge in Scion while being aoe'd by the enemy, i'm helpless. if i clear out the enemy base in Whitefall, i gotta switch and rebuff to try to run the stone.

bottom line: the spec system is fun n all, but for pvp gameplay it is just impractical.
    Trying playing a Shaman/Justicar. It puts my rogue's buffs to shame.

Some of my toons have 1 buff. Some of my toons have 8-10 buffs.

I've started a few threads asking why some are not passives... usually, they are met with the usually trolling that takes place on the forums.

RIFT: Trolls of Telara
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Master

9 buffs, because i'm a cleric. Sure is a valuable use of my time, spending almost 15 extra seconds in the spawn.

Why are they not passives?
    Last edited by Valanceer; 08-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    9 buffs, because i'm a cleric. Sure is a valuable use of my time, spending almost 15 extra seconds in the spawn.

Why are they not passives?
    that's the thing, most are the GCD too. and if it's a +HP or mana buff, you gotta sit n drink or heal to make it worth something.

i'd recommend 3 things:
    1. cluster buffs together like a multi-spell keybind (not likely, but i just wanted to say cluster-buff)
    2. while at a spawn point, take spells off GCD and make them refill hp/mana (room for exploit?)
    3. create more passives, like why my mining/foraging/butchering is ALWAYS on (on that thought, can we take those off the buff bar to reduce clutter?)...

...for the Devs to see: stalker phases, etc, should persist through death.
    Last edited by tommyguns; 08-11-2011 at 03:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread