+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FIx your imba servers or remove all 'pvp' from your game.

Rift Disciple

Default FIx your imba servers or remove all 'pvp' from your game.

Title more or less says it all. Dayblind is consistently (and by that I mean more or less 80%+ of the time) in a 2-3 ratio in favor of defiants. Its played out at this point. They simply get 2-3 more GCD activations per/sec then guardians making it pointless. Its not a skill/L2P issue. Its a balance issue. No matter of skill/valor is going to make up for the gcd activation / per sec balance issue. PvP rifts are not even 'attempted' by guardians as mentioned above (its pointless). When we got 20, they got 40+.

Im sure there are pvp servers with a balance issue favroring guardians as well which surely frustrates defiants as well.

Summary: Either lock all character creation per server to be only the faction that needs players, force move accounts to balance population inbalances, merge cross faction over populated servers together to balance them out, or prepare to lose pipe-swinging chunks of your pvp player base as this BS has gone all long enough.

I have to admit, I don't see what level of skill could help me when I'm jumped by 3-4 defiants anytime I wander out into the big wide world.

I don't even bother to do dalies on my mage anymore in Stillmoor. My rogue, he can do it, if he's very careful (basically ninjaing all the quest requirements) - he'll only die a dozen times or so.

Right now, this game's got nothin' for me. PvP warfronts is a grind, dalies are painful, and instances just dont interest me in their current state.

Last few times I've got computer game time - Civ IV has been running on my computer, as Rift can't hold my interest as well as that ancient game.

(edit to add that I guess there IS a way to survive those numbers - I've seen a few geared warriors not only NOT hiding, but bravely charging in when ounumbered 2 or 3 to one, and pretty much wiping the floor with anyone they see. Guess I'll just have to dust off my old tank warrior, change his spec to whatever everyone else is doing, and learn to baa like the rest of the sheep - oh, wait, I'[m not supposed to have to do that in this game, right?? PLay a certain soul combo/spec in order to be viable?? (sigh!)
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 08-11-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry30 View Post
    Title more or less says it all. Dayblind is consistently (and by that I mean more or less 80%+ of the time) in a 2-3 ratio in favor of defiants. Its played out at this point. They simply get 2-3 more GCD activations per/sec then guardians making it pointless. Its not a skill/L2P issue. Its a balance issue. No matter of skill/valor is going to make up for the gcd activation / per sec balance issue. PvP rifts are not even 'attempted' by guardians as mentioned above (its pointless). When we got 20, they got 40+.

Im sure there are pvp servers with a balance issue favroring guardians as well which surely frustrates defiants as well.

Summary: Either lock all character creation per server to be only the faction that needs players, force move accounts to balance population inbalances, merge cross faction over populated servers together to balance them out, or prepare to lose pipe-swinging chunks of your pvp player base as this BS has gone all long enough.
    While defiant does outnumber guardians on Dayblind..

We pretty much farmed pvp rifts the entire day, and the day before yesterday as well..

Defiant is filled with a whole lot of bads.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Prophet of Telara

Unfortunately this is how it is on Deepwood as well. We can't muster up half of their numbers and those of us who aren't baddies have all but given up due to the numbers. The Defiants have a group that farms these unopposed all day and most of them are already R8, making things even more unbalanced. It was bad form to release owPvP with such population imbalances..

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Unfortunately this is how it is on Deepwood as well. We can't muster up half of their numbers and those of us who aren't baddies have all but given up due to the numbers. The Defiants have a group that farms these unopposed all day and most of them are already R8, making things even more unbalanced. It was bad form to release owPvP with such population imbalances..
    Its funny, its quite the opposite on Molinar, usually guardians are mad cause there's no defiant. I seriously think most people would have no problem being moved around (as a clan) to servers to even out population, its just that nobody has any clue ever which servers are highly populated with defiant or guardian.

Faction change.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

+ Reply to Thread