+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mages With Insane Damage Reduction?

Plane Touched

Default Mages With Insane Damage Reduction?

So what is the deal here? Was it not bad enough when pyros had the insane damage reduction? Was it not the over poweredness of it which cauued them to be fixed?

I have 2 pvp builds. Neither use battlefield intimidation, and only has lingering wounds. I play them 50/50 for fun.

So why am I hitting mages for 400 point crit finishing moves when on most pvp'ers are well over 1k (sometimes around 1900 depending on valor). This means my regular hits are double digits half the time.

Like I have always said.. casters are the developers babies and every patch a casting class is made far far beyond op. It is the Grinch who stole pvp back from warhammer again buffing up the class he plays to make up for the lack of cheat codes.
    Good Job Grinch.

I really don't care if you casters hate me. I tell it like it is because someone should.
    Last edited by Veronne; 08-11-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post
    So what is the deal here? Was it not bad enough when pyros had the insane damage reduction? Was it not the over poweredness of it which cauued them to be fixed?

I have 2 pvp builds. Neither use battlefield intimidation, and only has lingering wounds. I play them 50/50 for fun.

So why am I hitting mages for 400 point crit finishing moves when on most pvp'ers are well over 1k (sometimes around 1900 depending on valor). This means my regular hits are double digits half the time.

Like I have always said.. casters are the developers babies and every patch a casting class is made far far beyond op. It is the Grinch who stole pvp back from warhammer again buffing up the class he plays to make up for the lack of cheat codes.
    Good Job Grinch.

I really don't care if you casters hate me. I tell it like it is because someone should.
    actually the reasoning for this is because of you warriors... ironic huh?

See since you warriors are constantly globaling every mage you see, you guys have forced every single mage to spec into warlock, which means every 2 minutes for 7 seconds we get to take 80% damage reduction which means we might have a chance at killing a warrior

Telaran

I'd love to know how they're doing it because my mage is squishy as a sponge.

Edit: Ah yes, 7 seconds where I live, then back to the graveyard. I remember it now.
    Last edited by pretty fiendish; 08-11-2011 at 12:41 PM.

7s if there is no MM around.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

sure is fun when all my specs have to revolve around suvivability and not damage... yay for lock!

Neddra's Essence and Shadow Life are what keeps Mages up. If you see those icons on the Mage, purge them or switch targets if you can't get rid of those buffs. Then go back and destroy them once those buffs wear off.

Elemental Link is also nice to have. That's basically 250 Valor right there and can get you to 50%+ damage reduction against players if you're rank 6+.
    Last edited by Click; 08-11-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    Neddra's Essence and Shadow Life are what keeps Mages up. If you see those icons on the Mage, purge them or switch targets if you can't get rid of those buffs. Then go back and destroy them once those buffs wear off.

Elemental Link is also nice to have. That's basically 250 Valor right there and can get you to 50%+ damage reduction against players if you're rank 6+.
    I cannot purge with my warrior
    Secondly.... Ever try to escape from a caster with a melee in open world pvp? It just cannot happen.... I just thought of something. Touch of Tranquility.. I need to see if dots after the fact break it.

Quote Originally Posted by killhimnotme View Post
    which means every 2 minutes for 7 seconds we get to take 80% damage reduction
    its every 3 minutes , thnx

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

So you've been PvPing in this game since GOS was OP and you never encountered a 31 warlock? How is this possible?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zilvereen View Post
    its every 3 minutes , thnx
    Stop trying to hide the Op ability thank you very much.

You actually think 3 minutes is a long time when it comes to open world pvp? In Black Garden it may be, but open world... 3 minutes is so very short a time to wait for an ability to cool down.

It is really rare to see any mage running around solo as it is, so that 3 minutes is really insignificant.

The only people who run around solo for the most part are rogues who stealth and people like me who want to fight anything that moves (as long as the pvp'er opponent is lvl 50).

As for Touch of Tranquility... dots after the fact break it. However, if I spec vindicator I won't have any dots. The issue then becomes how many cc breaking abilities the mage has. Definately worth trying out.
    Last edited by Veronne; 08-11-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    So you've been PvPing in this game since GOS was OP and you never encountered a 31 warlock? How is this possible?
    I been pvp'ing since I hit level 10. I have never seen this before. No clue why I have not unless the ability was recently changed to this crazy 80%.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Nightblade rogues are the true masters of defensive cooldowns, do they not bother you?

Rift Master

Mages are the most survivable calling by a long shot.
    This makes them still good healers, unlike clerics (who are the squishiest) who get globaled by every warrior/rogue idiot with 1 button who teleports/stealths/charges to them.

It needs to stay this way so there's not even less viable healers.
    It's probably overpowered since the more survivable one is the damaging one, as opposed to clerics being more survivable and doing no damage, but it's the only thing there is.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 08-11-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Mages are the most survivable calling by a long shot.
    This makes them still good healers, unlike clerics (who are the squishiest) who get globaled by every warrior/rogue idiot with 1 button who teleports/stealths/charges to them.

It needs to stay this way so there's not even less viable healers.
    It's probably overpowered since the more survivable one is the damaging one, as opposed to clerics being more survivable and doing no damage, but it's the only thing there is.
    i want what this guy is on... clerics squishiest lololol

Rift Disciple

This thread is now the "no no my class is worse because" thread.
    Griefing - This refers to players who do not play the game as it was intended, but instead seek to harass other players as their main focal point. This includes stalking or attempting to kill another player's character that has no means of recourse within the game. To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player. A player on the opposite faction cannot be griefed. It is perfectly acceptable to take actions in order to get a player of the opposite faction killed using whatever means possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast