+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Still waiting for an update on what is happening with the realms/players that exploit

Shield of Telara

Let this be a lesson to you: Next time you hear of an exploit, get on it immediately and take full advantage. Because when they finally fix it, there will be no consequences for exploiting and they'll probably go the other direction and nerf legitimate ways of accomplishing the same objective. (See the nerfing of bonus alternate warfront prestige in the patch notes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    The reason these threads are closed is because they like you as the OP failed to do a search or post in the lengthy thread on the front page of the general forums. Using your brain is ftw.
    The mods doesn't just close threads regarding this exploit. They've completely deleted all of them except that 1 thread in the General section because Trion doesn't want any more attention brought to yet another embarrassing oversight in this game's history.

Like I've said before in a thread that was deleted, Trion won't seriously penalize the exploiters. The most we can hope for is a rollback on the people who got caught. Most people won't be caught nor penalized because it takes way too long to go through the logs of so many exploiters. They simply won't have enough GMs / devs to accomplish this.

I expect this thread to be deleted some time today...

Rift Disciple

I find it difficult to believe that they can't write a script to parse all currently r7/r8 players logged in over the weekend and calculate their prestige per hour rate excluding time spent in warfronts. At that point you just need to rollback the accounts with obviously huge prestige increases.

Banned

I doubt you will see one. This is one of those situations where the company acknowledges it and then says nothing else hoping that the players will give up and stop posting about it.

Rift Disciple

Its an exploit, not a cheat. Trion cant do anything to the players who have done it, because there would be no evidence unless a dev was actually seeing them do it with there own eyes.

I havent done this nor will i try this exploit. All i can say is stop crying....if you are getting stomped by P8's, dont complain....do the "exploit" yourself and get even.

Plane Walker

Nothing will be done.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    Let this be a lesson to you: Next time you hear of an exploit, get on it immediately and take full advantage. Because when they finally fix it, there will be no consequences for exploiting and they'll probably go the other direction and nerf legitimate ways of accomplishing the same objective. (See the nerfing of bonus alternate warfront prestige in the patch notes.)
    sad but true ...

Plane Touched

Please do something, Trion! Loyal customers here asking for justice!

Trion remember if you don't do anything you're sending the message that it is okay to do this.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kdps View Post
    Please do something, Trion! Loyal customers here asking for justice!

A rather infamous guild on Briarcliff was doing something similar back in the 1st few weeks after release. They were recorded fighting another guild and everyone was naked - essentially farming for easy favor. Members of this guild were known afk'ers/botters in WF's and even the guild leader was caught. Nothing was done until said guild leader started making public comments on the Briarcliff forums about this. He was incredulous and basically dared Trion to punish him.

They did just that. After weeks of benefiting from such "exploits" Trion decided to roll back his favor.

20k worth.

What a joke...

jzm
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post

Wow...pretty epic in its simplicity and eloquence. Poignant. Amazing to think that these people making these decisions at Trion still have jobs... I don't think any of these shlubs even play the ****ing game lol
    No matter. No one else will, either, in a few months.
    Last edited by jzm; 08-16-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM View Post
    A rather infamous guild on Briarcliff was doing something similar back in the 1st few weeks after release. They were recorded fighting another guild and everyone was naked - essentially farming for easy favor. Members of this guild were known afk'ers/botters in WF's and even the guild leader was caught. Nothing was done until said guild leader started making public comments on the Briarcliff forums about this. He was incredulous and basically dared Trion to punish him.

They did just that. After weeks of benefiting from such "exploits" Trion decided to roll back his favor.

20k worth.

What a joke...

Spitescar had the same thing, Rhiraden and everyone in Laying it Down, essentially went to a rez spot in IPP and worked with defiant to farm each other for R6. Nothing was ever done, just like nothing will be done here.

It does send a bad message to the playerbase, and the next time something like this comes up people will feel like it's ok to abuse it because if they don't they are punished more for not abusing it. Trion especially by stating they will be taking action, and then doing nothing has done nothing but promoted the abuse of exploits to get ahead.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Rift Chaser

CONFIRMED, on my server the cheaters are still running around in their free gear, still have their ill-gotten rep, still have their favor and prestige.

I reported one of the main organizers of cheating on my server, a player who got all his gear in a weekend, and he's still got every piece, still has his synergy crystal, still has his rep and all the other nice, free shinies he got by cheating.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHodge View Post
    Its an exploit, not a cheat. Trion cant do anything to the players who have done it, because there would be no evidence unless a dev was actually seeing them do it with there own eyes.

I havent done this nor will i try this exploit. All i can say is stop crying....if you are getting stomped by P8's, dont complain....do the "exploit" yourself and get even.
    Wow. You've never heard of logging? It's a big thing in these here computrar machines. I hear they tell tales of events of prior moons, and from which you can gain specific insight into the past.
    Last edited by croon; 08-16-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by croon View Post
    Wow. You've never heard of logging? It's a big thing in these here computrar machines. I hear they tell tales of events of prior moons, and from which you can gain specific insight into the past.
    They log literally everything. Chat ingame in all channels, combat logs (balance decisions are made from these polls in particular) buffs and debuffs used, everything. Much more robust than we have available to us ingame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast