+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do we ever chat with the enemy?

Default Do we ever chat with the enemy?

Anyone ever bother to ask why a guardian would go all the way to shimmersand for a pvp rift? Maybe there's something in it they need, or maybe they feel the need to get rid of it before it corrupts the land around it, ect....

MAYBE, Trion..... we should give players more REASONs in the lore to pvp, and EXPLAIN these reasons to the customers better so they have a sense of pride in their faction?

MAYBE, Trion..... the best way to balance these pvp rifts is tailor them to a specific factions.

As it works right now they spawn pretty randomly and it's a mad dash to where ever it is, back when there was a point to doing them. What people don't realize tho is Trion hates randomness. They want this game to fit like a glove, and 1 size fits all. Sometimes a pvp rift spawns in guardian territory, sometimes in defiant, giving either side an advantage depending on how close to home they are.

TRION? How did you allow that kind of randomness to ruin your pvp rifts, and now players are just avoiding each other all together. Might as well rename them PvA Rifts, "Player vs Avoided". Here's a way to fix your pvp rifts and end the randomness.

When pvp rifts spawn, the server should always spawn 3 at a time, and only in 1 zone, in 1 part of the world.

BAM, there's your pvp. It's that simple. One hour, 3 pvp rifts spawn over in gloamwood. Everyone shows up, (or not) and has some fun. The next hour, 3 pvp rifts spawn in the Droughtlands, people show up to deal with them.

For issues with people crying the Rifts close to quickly before people can reach them, MAKE THEM TAKE LONGER. The purpose for a pvp rift IS NOT TO DO THE RIFT. The purpose is to attract people to an area so they can experience some fun the game has to offer. There, done, it's that simple. Now when I chat with the enemy faction, maybe we'll have a common goal, instead of a simple nod and wave as we embark to our separate rifts. At least with my idea, we'll both be heading to the same place.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-11-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Rift Chaser

PVP rifts aren't random.

You have to open them with a skill. If someone opens a PVP rift it's deliberate.

I don't actually dislike the idea.

I feel Trion is probably going to adjust and improve on the idea as it goes along. This is their first patch implementing PvP content like this, and I doubt it will be the last.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Jalliah View Post
    PVP rifts aren't random.

You have to open them with a skill. If someone opens a PVP rift it's deliberate.
    I mean randomly dotted across the world. Sorry for the vagueness, I'm never 100% in the mornings.

What Trion needs to do is make PvP rift TEARS, and designate them accordingly. This way players still have a choice which rift they want to go spawn, but the rifts will be consolidated into 1 zone so the action is maintained and contained.

+ Reply to Thread