+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP-Rifts only in ONE ZONE

Ascendant

Default PVP-Rifts only in ONE ZONE

We saw it in Warhammer, we see it in rift:

If people (even on PVP-Servers) have the chance to grind things without effort and fighting they will do it, even if reward is much less then by fighting.

In Warhammer they raided in circles, when order was in one area destruction took castles in other area and so on... in Rift if Guardians do pvp rifts in stillmore, Defiants do them in Schimmersand etc.

Even when you yell in world chat people wont come, its more convienent for them to just run stones without enemy obviously.

So conclusion: Dont give them oportunity to avoid the enemy. Make PVP-Rifts only possible in ONE Zone at each day. Best would be: PvP-Rifts are only possible where the current PvP-Daily-Zone is. And of course
    still only ONE PvP-Rift in a Zone, so people really have to fight for them.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 08-11-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Ascendant

right now I just want to get 5 pvp rifts sealed and get credit for the weekly.

There are way too many unknown variables and a fair amount of luck involved in getting credit for participating in a successful pvp rift. That is just unacceptable .

Until it fixes, people don't want to sit there all day with contested rifts, losing some, winning some, and having to do 10+ successful rifts before they get their 5/5 credit.

PVP Rifts for most people:

do the buggy POS rifts, run the shards whatever whatever and hope that credit is awarded. get 5 done, see you guys wednesday.

Now:

they need to realize that people on the PTS are just looking for exploits to not report to the devs and find a way to win the race with, they are not testing your game. You need internal QA and limited PTS for stress testing.

These rifts should have been tested for credit award, make sure the terrain was fair for all rifts for each faction. There are just too many problems to make these a reasonable goal for pvp.

On the flip side, pvp rifts could be used just to tell the other faction "we are in this zone looking for a fight, check your map" but as long as pvp rifts are so important to the progression of players, they will not be done as a solid source of pvp on most shards.

you made it to the end, i can't remember what I wrote in this cause I blanked out half way through. sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Telaran

I used to hate that in Warhammer. I remember once a raid leader actually ordered the raid not to attack the castle which had just been taken in the zone we were in. Their argument was that if we all left it 20 minutes the enemy would get bored, leave, and we could take the castle uncontested! Unbelievable.

I agree that it would be good to force peopl into one zone.

As far as the argument that people just want to complete their weekly, I'd rather have some fun PvP going on than an uncontested PvP rift. Surely you'd rather that?

If there was a point to stopping them gain valor, maybe people would pvp in the open world.

Ascendant

getting worse, basically no fighting anymore. Trion you must do something ...

Whats the next step, guardians and defiants get their own warfronts with no need to fight each other and guaranteed rewards? ^^

+ Reply to Thread