+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kymeric

Thread: The new pvp gear progression is not done well.

Champion of Telara

Default The new pvp gear progression is not done well.

Decided to try and return to another build and went to purchase some gear for it only to find out I cant simply purchase my ranks gear, I am forced to re purchase the older ranks gear.

I like many I know did not hold on to our outdated pvp gear, some vendor sold it others salvaged or broke it down. So now to try a new spec I have to buy the old weapons and such AGAIN just to get the current item. Seems like a poorly implemented system.
    Last edited by Ogmodon; 08-11-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Ascendant

I don't get it.

So you have your r5, say, and you trashed your r3 when you bought your r5. In order to get your r7, you only need the r5. You don't have to go back and get the r3.

Can you elaborate on what the problem is?
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmodon View Post
    Decided to try and return to another build and went to purchase some gear for it only to find out I cant simply purchase my ranks gear, I am forced to re purchase the older ranks gear.

I like many I know did not hold on to our outdated pvp gear, some vendor sold it others salvaged or broke it down. So now to try a new spec I have to buy the old weapons and such AGAIN just to get the current item. Seems like a poorly implemented system.
    It's worse in some ways and better in others. After going from P2->P4 I can see why they did it, and I'm loving the change. I have no reserve to upgrading each piece as I can, whereas before I was saving up solely for the P6 gear.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    It's worse in some ways and better in others. After going from P2->P4 I can see why they did it, and I'm loving the change. I have no reserve to upgrading each piece as I can, whereas before I was saving up solely for the P6 gear.
    you were not alone by a long shot, this change helps players by actually having them wear their appropriate gear and letting there be a difference between rank1 and rank 4 players. The overall favor cost is the same as buying only rank 6 stuff before 1.4, so its like free upgrades along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    I don't get it.

So you have your r5, say, and you trashed your r3 when you bought your r5. In order to get your r7, you only need the r5. You don't have to go back and get the r3.

Can you elaborate on what the problem is?
    Take our guild warrior for example. Had started out as a paragon and then switched to a champ spec and sold his pvp weapons. He is now a paragon again and in order to purchase the pvp weaps he now needs to purchase the lower end pvp weapons in order to then use them as part of the currency requirement to purchase the appropriate rank pvp weapons.

On my cleric I had broken down my chest piece as I had a better stat wise pve one and used a valor rune to get by, now I have to repurchase the lower end chest piece to get the one I now qualify for.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    you were not alone by a long shot, this change helps players by actually having them wear their appropriate gear and letting there be a difference between rank1 and rank 4 players. The overall favor cost is the same as buying only rank 6 stuff before 1.4, so its like free upgrades along the way.
    I completely agree with this. I was rank 4 wearing rank 1/2 gear saving for rank 5/6 gear. The change came in and I upgraded to my new gear and I can tell an improvement over wearing the 1/2 gear. Plus it was extremely cheap and easy to just upgrade existing items due to the much lower favor cost.

The gear progression now feels more natural and should help people feel they are getting better which each rank instead of focusing on max rank to get the gear they need to compete.
    Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts - Defiant - Molinar
    Vinzan - 50 Rogue Rank 4/Dragonskin - 50 Warrior Rank 2/Sairen - 50 mage Rank 2
    Threesprings - Defiant
    Kurra - 40 Cleric

Nothing to see here, another whiner that never even purchased pvp gear after 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmodon View Post
    Take our guild warrior for example. Had started out as a paragon and then switched to a champ spec and sold his pvp weapons. He is now a paragon again and in order to purchase the pvp weaps he now needs to purchase the lower end pvp weapons in order to then use them as part of the currency requirement to purchase the appropriate rank pvp weapons.

On my cleric I had broken down my chest piece as I had a better stat wise pve one and used a valor rune to get by, now I have to repurchase the lower end chest piece to get the one I now qualify for.

Just an FYI they changed the cost so you can buy all three pieces for the price of the p5/6 price. So in the example given your guild warrior would spend exactly the same amount of points under the new system as they did under the old.

+ Reply to Thread