+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Increased favor/presituge events for low ranks (1-5)

Default Increased favor/presituge events for low ranks (1-5)

Would be nice if we could have increased prestige/favor events for people under rank 6. Rank 6 and above would get no increase. As it stands with rank 7/8 gear, people of lower ranks are massively outgeared to the point where they stand no chance what-so-ever. This somewhat kills the fun in pvp when you get slaughtered by a rank 8. This would give some more motivation to lower rank players to tough it out and help them decrease the gap faster.

PvP is fun for everyone when the playing field is more or less even and skill is what ultimately decides who wins not which team has the better gear.

The difference between rank 6 gear vs lower wasn't so massive as it is now with rank 8 and the grind is still quite long for casual PvPers.
    Last edited by Noctrin; 08-10-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Noktrin - Cleric - <vVv>

Too lazy to make a rift sig. Enjoy my Aion one

Rift Master

As someone who hit P6 not so long ago, I'm very tempted to tell you to shut up. I ground out my prestige playing intelligently and cautiously, mostly in support-oriented roles. It was rough sometimes, but it definitely made me a better player. Now, I can hold my own against most anyone, and I can seriously wreck those under-geared folks who don't play with requisite caution/intelligence - and for the most part, I think that's how it should be.

Then Trion went and introduced P8 weapons that are ~33% stronger than what was previously available, completely destroying game balance with runaway mudflation. They've grown stats so quickly and recklessly as to force themselves completely into a corner. When P8 weapons become relatively commonplace, these boards will explode with demands for tiered WFs - and the complaints will be 100% justified.

Rift Master

Just call R7-R8 Armor/Weapons Doomflayer or Warpforged, reduce the amount of servers to 3, rename this game Warhammer Online and get it over with.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 08-11-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Ascendant

I think the exact opposite.

do not want multi-month grind to get rank8 plz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Plane Touched

You had your prestige/favor event, it was this past week.
    Captaincrook/darklcd <Best in Slot>

+ Reply to Thread