+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Are you gonna do anything about PVP Harassment in areas 20-29?

Soulwalker

Angry Are you gonna do anything about PVP Harassment in areas 20-29?

I would Like to know if the dev team or trion is going to do anything about the harassment being done to players level 20-29 in areas such as Gloamwood? Even on a pvp shard it is ridiculous that level 50's can come into the opposite factions town, and just kill the low level players without them being able to retaliate or defend themselves in anyway. I've watched as the NPC's just stand around as low level players are slaughtered en masse. You lose subscriptions because you don't have any way of guarding against this harassment. The GM's never respond to the opened tickets, and it seriously affects peoples interpretation of the game. I Love Rift, but I've had so many people quit because of the harassment being done by the level 50's. I want to know if there is anything in the works to stop this harassment? Or will this continue to be a major flaw in Rift?

I doubt any one remembers a game called Ultima Online, but in cities all someone had to do was yell out GUARD! and a guard would spawn and kill the aggressor. In Gloamwood Pines this would be a welcome improvement. It doesn't have to be done in every city, just the ones where high levels can waltz in AND not be attacked by the NPC's while they kill helpless low levels. So Are you gonna do anything about it? Or will it be a major annoyance to low levels who don't stand a chance?

play on a PvE server, then you can only get PvP'd when you want to. As i understand the concept of a PvP server, you can be killed any time, by any member of the opposite faction. The rules don't change for you because you are special. If you don't like it find a solution on your own. Change servers.

Soulwalker

Level on a PVE server then do free transfer to PVP server and kill lvl 20s. Its the new thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedros View Post
    I would Like to know if the dev team or trion is going to do anything about the harassment being done to players level 20-29 in areas such as Gloamwood? Even on a pvp shard it is ridiculous that level 50's can come into the opposite factions town, and just kill the low level players without them being able to retaliate or defend themselves in anyway. I've watched as the NPC's just stand around as low level players are slaughtered en masse. You lose subscriptions because you don't have any way of guarding against this harassment. The GM's never respond to the opened tickets, and it seriously affects peoples interpretation of the game. I Love Rift, but I've had so many people quit because of the harassment being done by the level 50's. I want to know if there is anything in the works to stop this harassment? Or will this continue to be a major flaw in Rift?

I doubt any one remembers a game called Ultima Online, but in cities all someone had to do was yell out GUARD! and a guard would spawn and kill the aggressor. In Gloamwood Pines this would be a welcome improvement. It doesn't have to be done in every city, just the ones where high levels can waltz in AND not be attacked by the NPC's while they kill helpless low levels. So Are you gonna do anything about it? Or will it be a major annoyance to low levels who don't stand a chance?
    If you keep crying im going to personally come to gloamwood and camp you.

transfer servers to PVE?

really op do some research first.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Hiei987 View Post
    Level on a PVE server then do free transfer to PVP server and kill lvl 20s. Its the new thing to do.
    What he said.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

I do not think that everything is harrasment.. I am one of those who have been killing lowbies in gloamwood and other low lvl zones, incl Sanctum.

The reason?

An achievement you can get, called Faith Denied.

Faith Denied – 10
    Kill 50 Players in Guardian Controlled Zones.

Sanctum
    Gloamwood
    Silverwood

So - if you have to point fingers at someone, do it at Trion for making this achievement. Not at the players doing this.
    Last edited by Amonkira; 08-11-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    "..Amonkira, Lord of Hunters. Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    This is incorrect. Every European server listed on these forums is an English language sever, as are our forums.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Amonkira View Post
    I do not think that everything is harrasment.. I am one of those who have been killing lowbies in gloamwood and other low lvl zones, incl Sanctum.

The reason?

An achievement you can get, called Faith Denied.

Faith Denied 10
    Kill 50 Players in Guardian Controlled Zones.

Sanctum
    Gloamwood
    Silverwood

So - if you have to point fingers at someone, do it at Trion for making this achievement. Not at the players doing this.
    Those 10 achievment points sure are worth pissing off 50 people. This logic is almost as good as killing level 20s because their names are red.

Shadowlander

Just buff guards in towns. They are joke atm. As a 50 I can stand in Whitefall and go get a drink - they wont damage me much. Make em hit like a train! 2k damage each. PVP players have all the rights to kill any level in any zone. But not in settlements. Look at Aion ffs. Those guards kill a full buffed/geared tank in under 2-3 seconds.

If you're on a PvP server, then live with it.

If you're on a PvE server then stop flagging yourself for PvP?

Plane Touched

Those 10 achievment points sure are worth pissing off 50 people. This logic is almost as good as killing level 20s because their names are red.
    Pissing off 50 of the other faction that you are at war with? Oh nos. Something to lose sleep over imo.

Join a guild. Tell some guildies to come help ya.

Rift Chaser

Hey I feel for you. Got ganked in Gloamwood tons. Just left when it was really bad. Then I made some friends who were 50's and it got better. I still died but at least the gankers died too. Then I finally made it to 50 and guildies started to make it to 50 as well. Went back to Gloamwood and killed the peeps who ganked me and others over and over. Many of the gankers seemed to hang out there because they stunk at fighting their own levels. Go figure.

Make a list. A list for the future. Then start ticking off names. Still have a number on that list. If they're still around we'll get them eventually. It's our own private quest. The reward is satisfaction.

Tbh, whenever I attacked a low lvl in that zone, I stopped and talked to him, asked if it was okay and that it was for an achievement.

Btw, about the logic thing - I sure hope you talk about Trion's logic - since I, just like many others, am an achievement-hunter. So yeah...dont blame me for pissing off ppl.
    "..Amonkira, Lord of Hunters. Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    This is incorrect. Every European server listed on these forums is an English language sever, as are our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedros View Post
    Even on a pvp shard it is ridiculous that level 50's can come into the opposite factions town, and just kill the low level players
    No, it would be ridiculous if you couldn't kill anyone at any given time anywhere on a PvP shard. Working as intended.
    Leoncoeur <HALT HAMMERZEIT>, R7 Warrior → 1026 Valor → Whitefall[PvP] Defiant

Rift Chaser

Its called a PvE server. Transfer there if getting killed is too much of a hassle.

PvP server isn't PvP when you feel like it, when its good for you, when you are at full health, or when its someone your level that you have advance warning they are coming, its anywhere, anytime. If you don't like it then leave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast