+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Well I've seen enough.

Rift Disciple

Default Well I've seen enough.

broken.

Doesn't matter how skilled or what teamwork goes down, if one side has gear that makes them 1 shot everything, and make the other sides attacks hit for 60-100 instead of 700-1000, I see no point in bothering

Yes, if you run into a group of people with a ton of Valor, good communication, and raid weapons, and you are in a pug that has none of those things you will get owned. This is how reality works.

How can i 1 shot people? Ive tried a lot of specs but i just cant seem to do 5k+ damage in 1 hit. I see all these people talking about how they die in 1 hit so I'm sure its possible, i just cant figure out how, can somebody let me in on how to do that?

OP, quit crying, either suck it up and go on or do us all a favor and actually quit, not make posts about quitting.
    Last edited by Robes; 08-11-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Rift Disciple

Default found out whats happening

all these r8 folks that's who's 1 shotting

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ng-abused.html

people been getting r8 in a night apparently.

Wondered wth was going on I was actually doing fine in pvp until recently

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    How can i 1 shot people? Ive tried a lot of specs but i just cant seem to do 5k+ damage in 1 hit. I see all these people talking about how they die in 1 hit so I'm sure its possible, i just cant figure out how, can somebody let me in on how to do that?

OP, quit crying, either suck it up and go on or do us all a favor and actually quit, not make posts about quitting.
    reread.
    maybe an r8 weapon would help

Telaran

I would never quit an mmo that I like cause of its pvp. So instead of telling you to "suck it up" like these pvp'ers do(its a game not a bootcamp) I will tell you what you might want to try if you like rift pve but don't like the lev. 50 smash-a-noobfest.

I keep my lev 50 PVE main

1. lev an alt of the same class to 15
    2. buy her some gear from my main
    3. have alot of fun in WF's for the next 34 levels
    4. delete at 50 and start again.
    5. And the great fun of it is. No rank 6-8 guys lol'ing at you and acting like *****s. You get a little beat up for 3 lev. hold your own for 4 and kinda beat other people up for 3. then start again in next bracket.

And you can pvp for the lutz when you are tiered of rifts or raiding. . Don't quit, I need you to pay a sub so there are dev. $ for new content.
    Last edited by kerstal; 08-11-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

wow i never said i was quitting where'd this come from.

i said I didn't see any point in the wfs with the huge level differences
    in gear. even if i do suck-up and grind a million deaths in an r8 dominated warfront (thanks to the rift issue), r9 r10 will come before
    i can reach the current top and it will continue that way. i just started it before the patch and only broke into r3 gear a night or so ago

that's actually recent, i was doing quite well in pvp (in r2 gear) until the pvp rifts patch came and everything seemed to change suddenly, and it wasn't my imagination. i don't plan on taking part in this rift exploitation, am interested to see what if anything they come up with to fix that. But there was still an insane gear spread in warfronts, enough that I think most folks would maybe get to r3.. maybe r4 and say the hell with it realizing there would be no catching up

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Stop teasing the natives!! You know as well as I do that 1 shot kill actually equates to 3 people focused fired you to death it happened so fast It felt like a freight train just run over your cat due the overwhelming sadness that has caused you to die inside a little..

To the OP not much I can say.. its crap it happens, more you persevere the less it happens but if your a squishy class i.e a rogue get used to it because even in r6 gear on occassion ive felt the full sting of 3 cabs nuke me after a malstrom and all I could do was go ugg respawn.

So you have that choice persevere rank up or go take a break from pvp.. I got damn annoyed with pvp the other week so took a time out ran some alts up in levels chilled and now im back refreshed invigorated..
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Telaran

Oh, well maybe I jumped the gun. You will have to forgive me. "I have seen enough" made me think it was a quit post.

I have also seen enough of rift lev. 50 pvp. I will not take part in it. But low lev. pvp is great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kerstal View Post
    I have also seen enough of rift lev. 50 pvp. I will not take part in it. But low lev. pvp is great fun.
    Gotta say i agree with you, my whole take on RIFT is getting one or two toons to lvl50 as cash cows and then roll alts to PvP with.
    I dont have the 1000000000000hrs to invest getting superleetorangeswordofvengeace or the P8 armor. I prefer to play 10-49 where skill is the deciding factor in PvP and not how many hours you can invest grinding WF's or exploiting or doing premades.

It still amazes me that i have taken 4 toons to level 49, one from each calling, and managed to be top 1-3 in killing blows and can count on one hand the amount of times i have been bested by similar level toon in Open world. And yet when you get to lvl 50 the same skilless noobs can now stomp you purely because of the gear advantage they have.

PS: Im not saying all P6-8 are skilless but 90% hide behind their gear and would receive a sound ***** whupping if they met the other 10% on equal terms.
    Last edited by Arcticred; 08-11-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Yes, if you run into a group of people with a ton of Valor, good communication, and raid weapons, and you are in a pug that has none of those things you will get owned. This is how reality works.
    My spirit. You just killed it!

Seriously though the gap between have and have nots with pvp gear is so large there really should be different tiers of 50 pvp. I mean that game has several different dungeon/raid/rift tiers because of the gear difference that it would only make sense to at least have 2 separate groups for 50 pvp.

The reason why pre 50 pvp is so much more enjoyable is because the gap between players isn't nearly as large and there is very little valor to make it even larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Camalus View Post
    broken.

Doesn't matter how skilled or what teamwork goes down, if one side has gear that makes them 1 shot everything, and make the other sides attacks hit for 60-100 instead of 700-1000, I see no point in bothering
    Every night there's at least one spawn zone full of people who think like you. Now if only Trion could turn those players into potential customers....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by INCdex View Post
    My spirit. You just killed it!

Seriously though the gap between have and have nots with pvp gear is so large there really should be different tiers of 50 pvp. I mean that game has several different dungeon/raid/rift tiers because of the gear difference that it would only make sense to at least have 2 separate groups for 50 pvp.

The reason why pre 50 pvp is so much more enjoyable is because the gap between players isn't nearly as large and there is very little valor to make it even larger.
    This is completely flawed reasoning. A high tier PvE player can still go to the lower tiers and play. His content and experience isnt limited just because he put the time and effort into his toon, and his performance gain at those levels in comaprison to those who have yet to achieve it is significant.

PvP is no different. You put in the time, effort, and you reap the rewards. You propose to limit content as a reward and make earning higher level PvP gear a moot point because you effectively are taking away applicable progression.

Understand?
    Irony - Pathiss

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Camalus View Post
    broken.

This is completely wrong. I had no problem rolling premades of rank 6's with my own premade when I was rank 2. It wasn't easy, but definitely doable through better teamwork and skill.

The emo crap needs to stop. Suck it up, knock off the sense of entitlement, and go out and earn your gear like everyone else, and pretty soon you will be on equal footing.
    Irony - Pathiss

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Every night there's at least one spawn zone full of people who think like you. Now if only Trion could turn those players into potential customers....
    people who want equal progression regardless of time invested are not potential mmorpg customers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast