+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New PVP Zone and Attached WF Suggestion: Wardfallen

Shadowlander

Default New PVP Zone and Attached WF Suggestion: Wardfallen

Here is an idea I came up with for a new PVP zone and attached WF, it's rough but should give a decent platform for other suggestions.

A completely new, max level zone that you must traverse to get to a new FFA PVP WF. Obviously being in this zone auto-flags you. Included in this zone should be:
    * PVP dailies
    * zone unique goodies, exclusive mount from meta achievement in this zone and it WF
    * constant Rift/Invasion activity during World Events with increased special event drop rates (total chaos during the climax of world events)
    * PVP titles unique to this zone
    * this zone would only allow grouping during world events and only in proximity to rifts. There is no grouping in the FFA WF.
    * 2nd highest favor/prestige rewards in the game, the FFA WF would have the highest
    * Once a player hits max PVP rank, they gain access to select achievements that would eventually grant additional points to spend in their PVP soul, this should be capped obviously and take quite some time. This is essentially a bonus to maintain interest for max ranked players over time.
    * The zone may include a "Most Wanted" mechanic where once per hour it randomly chooses a player(s) in the zone to be "Most Wanted" (each faction), killing this player would award additional rep/valor/prestige and a decent chance at some cool item drops. This player would also receive very high rep/favor/prestige for their kills during this time (10-15mins or so). During this time his chat would be shut off and the zone will announce when his time starts and ends. In the event that the PVP zone flies but the FFA WF doesn't, this mechanic could be used to include some limited fun FFA PVP by flagging the most wanted player as FFA.
    * there should be a leader board on who wins the FFA WF most each week on the Rift homepage along with videos and maybe a cool pet for winning the most times in a 3 month period.
    * the zone should be fairly large and narrow more and more til it reaches the WF portal entrance. The reason for this is to cause less density of population at the zone in (the whole side of the map along random points essentially) and become more and more populated the closer you get to the WF entrance. This allows players to choose how much PVP activity they see relative to how close they are to the WF portal and makes being nearer the portal progressively more dangerous. Devs may also choose to award more favor for kills based on proximity to the WF portal entrance.

Gaining Access to the FFA WF:
    A minor attunement is required to enter the FFA WF. To get this attunement you must do a daily which requires a certain number of ascended blood (gained from killing opposing faction, 5 or 10 maybe). Completing this daily will reward an item that permits you entrance into the FFA WF (The Wheel of Souls). The daily can be done a number of times each day and the item it rewards is tradeable and may even be sold on the AH (a method for strictly PVPers to get some coin and those with limited time to be able to get into the WF as well). Devs may consider making a minimal PVP rank requirement for this WF, maybe rank 3 or 4.

I have some rough ideas on how the FFA WF should work but i'll save those for next time i post. Hope you guys like the idea overall.

Shadowlander

really? no opinions on this?

Telaran

Interesting.

Why no grouping?

Also, the most wanted should be the player with most kills or something like that. That way it will at least be someone who can put up a bit of fight.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by pretty fiendish View Post
    Interesting.

Why no grouping?

Also, the most wanted should be the player with most kills or something like that. That way it will at least be someone who can put up a bit of fight.
    no grouping because "anyone" can solo-PVP and because there are several venues for group-based PVP already; solo PVPers need some love too. I personally prefer solo world PVP, I know not everyone does but to each their own right

I considered the same criteria for the "most wanted" mechanic and it can be a good way to do it; however i wanted the mechanic to be a fun extra that anyone could have a shot at fairly and lets face it, different souls/classes don't kill with equal efficiency so using this as the criteria may not be the most fair in that sense.

Also, if it is based on the most kills in that hour I can see a single person eventually dominating to a point where it is always them and people simply ignore it because "no one can kill him/her". It's intended to be a fun mechanic and the love should be spread around IMO. I could see having some entrance criteria such as at least X kills in the last hour though.
    Last edited by Stoutrift; 08-12-2011 at 10:19 AM.

I find the "most wanted" feature very original and fascinating. Kinda reminds me of playing keep away, monkey in the middle...sorta.. Blah I can't think of the comparison. lol

Shadowlander

Very interesting concepts there, and with the right execution they could be fun.

A big turn off is the no grouping thing. Now I understand that one side could get a bigger grp and roll the other and blah blah blah, but without grouping you are making healers jobs VERY difficult, and the harder it is for them to do their job, the less fun everyone has. I am all for no RAID groups, but I think a 5-man would be just fine.

But I will say, if something like this exsisted, I would never leave that zone =)
    Implosion R7 Mage
    Deepstrike PVP
    Hotfix#5 NOM NOM NOM WARR TEARS!

+ Reply to Thread